UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

New Licenses, What would YOU like to see Minimated ?

I say Watchmen minimates. With a movie comin' out, yeah, those would sell.

Ah... if only. If only...

"The world will look up and cry 'Change the Channel' and I'll whisper 'No'"

"Hey dude. Change the channel"

"No."

It's funnier if you hear me say it. My friends and I come up with some crazy shit. You should hear about "Fun with the Pit of Death" our 300 spoof.

• Replies 995
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I say Watchmen minimates. With a movie comin' out, yeah, those would sell.

Ah... if only. If only...

"The world will look up and cry 'Change the Channel' and I'll whisper 'No'"

"Hey dude. Change the channel"

"No."

It's funnier if you hear me say it. My friends and I come up with some crazy shit. You should hear about "Fun with the Pit of Death" our 300 spoof.

:lol:

I can't believe we're going through this Watchmen minimates business again. The last discussion we had about this (No DC minimates :( Rorschach Bearbrick :yucky:) left such a bad, depressing taste in mouth that I now feel like we're flogging a dead horse just talking about it.

The Mask

Ha ha ha, I was JUST thinking about this the other day! Ssssssssmokin'!

Edited by NorthRaider

:lol:

I can't believe we're going through this Watchmen minimates business again. The last discussion we had about this (No DC minimates :( Rorschach Bearbrick :yucky:) left such a bad, depressing taste in mouth that I now feel like we're flogging a dead horse just talking about it.

The Mask

Ha ha ha, I was JUST thinking about this the other day! Ssssssssmokin'!

Problem here is that the Mask isn't the most classic of movies and the one sequel it spawned was AWFUL!!!

Wow, I absolutely love the idea of Mask minimates. Why hasn't this been brought up before?

I don't know, maybe cause it's a bad idea and will never sell?

Edited by Iowa

i think the naruto ones is a bad idea,but the mask ones would be awesome,even if its comic or movie, thats still a good idea,i for one would love a tmnt boxset,with it being the 25th anniversary and all.

i think the naruto ones is a bad idea,but the mask ones would be awesome,even if its comic or movie, thats still a good idea,i for one would love a tmnt boxset,with it being the 25th anniversary and all.

Agreed wit hthe Naruto thing. I'm a HUGE fan, don't get me wrong, but it wouldn't attract much attention outside of completionists and kids. Unless they did black and white manga-style mates. Then i'd be all over them. Especially for a Tayuya. :wub:

I still wish they'd somehow do a set of Godzilla minimates. It'd be a sculpting catastrophe as they couldn't re-use as much parts as they normally do, but making 'em would be the bee's knee's for this fan.

I also like the idea of movie's as boxed sets rather than whole series. I hope we see more of this trend. And, also, that the movies don't suck. Although, one man's "suck" is another man's "ice cream".

Or... something.

I betcha a set from "An American Werewolf In London" would sell pretty well. You got bloody parts, civilian parts and werewolf parts!

Edited by Mystery Man

Godzilla...

They could do a single boxset, trying to get some of the more popular monsters. A five-parter like Classic Spider-Man was. So the question is who. I'd say Godzilla, Ghidorah, Mothra, Rodan, Angurias but each person would probably say something different. But whatever it is... it should include Ghidorah. Why? because Ghidorah is AWESOME!

Godzilla...

They could do a single boxset, trying to get some of the more popular monsters. A five-parter like Classic Spider-Man was. So the question is who. I'd say Godzilla, Ghidorah, Mothra, Rodan, Angurias but each person would probably say something different. But whatever it is... it should include Ghidorah. Why? because Ghidorah is AWESOME!

Actually, that's my top 5 right there!

The first classic-est monsters!

Agreed wit hthe Naruto thing. I'm a HUGE fan, don't get me wrong, but it wouldn't attract much attention outside of completionists and kids. Unless they did black and white manga-style mates. Then i'd be all over them. Especially for a Tayuya. :wub:

Wouldn't it be good to get kids into Minimates?

probably, but as I HATE anything anime with a passion, I'm remaining silent because I'm biased.

probably, but as I HATE anything anime with a passion, I'm remaining silent because I'm biased.

i think marvel has the kids intrests,and plus naruto just has too many figurines/toys,(he's face is everywhere,its annoying)and the only anime that would could work,IMO,is dbz or trigun.but any anime as mates is a little much,but as two face stated a black n white manga style and ill be all over them!

Edited by SErge

• 3 weeks later...
Wow, I absolutely love the idea of Mask minimates. Why hasn't this been brought up before?

I don't know, maybe cause it's a bad idea and will never sell?

I disagree. Remember, the Mask was based upon a comic book that was popular enough to spawn a movie. I think that as part of a wider comic-mate related release or as a short-lived wave, the Mask would be successful enough to warrant the effort. Throw the Mask in with Nexus, Madman, Savage Dragon, Spawn, or any variety of non-big 2 comic characters and this could be an easy win for DST.

Edited by jjwspider

Mortal kombat,Hellboy,No More Heroes,Naurto,Bleach,Metal Gear and Resident Evil mimimates would all be awesome, but I doubt almost all of those ever being made.

I plan on making an Albert Wesker minimate as soon as the Terminator sets come out >:D

I thought about a license that might be perfect to minimaterize and browsed this thread to find out that it was bruticus' first suggestion that actually made him initialize this topic.

Terry Pratchett's discworld. This would also be the first time to see minimates of characters based on a novel - or several novels -, which means that there is no particular reference pic. That might be a pro or a con. Depends. But I think Pratchett doesn't allow merchendize of his stuff at all (or does he?), but a i.e. Death, Rincewind, Ridcully and Carrot Ironfoundersson minimate as a four box would be great. But since we won't see it, it might be up for the customizers... ;)

I thought about a license that might be perfect to minimaterize and browsed this thread to find out that it was bruticus' first suggestion that actually made him initialize this topic.

Terry Pratchett's discworld. This would also be the first time to see minimates of characters based on a novel - or several novels -, which means that there is no particular reference pic. That might be a pro or a con. Depends. But I think Pratchett doesn't allow merchendize of his stuff at all (or does he?), but a i.e. Death, Rincewind, Ridcully and Carrot Ironfoundersson minimate as a four box would be great. But since we won't see it, it might be up for the customizers... ;)

Mr. Harris, may you live in interesting times.

I still want some Robin Hood minimates.Wouldn't it be coll to have Robin Hood steal from Tony Stark and give to Spider-Man (I guess it'd be steal from Norman Osborn now though.)