UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

New Licenses, What would YOU like to see Minimated ?

I would like to see a PULP heroes line, with

1. the phantom

2. green hornet

3. kato

4. tarzan

5. doc savage

6. conan

7. the shadow

8. krull

9. red sonja

10. flash gordon

11. lone ranger

12. tonto

I would also like dick tracy and all his rogues

i would also die for a Rocketeer, hellboy minimates, and one of the best new comics out there ATOMIC ROBO

I'd love to see pulp heroes, especially Doc Savage and the Shadow. The Rocketeer would be sweet as well.

Would anyone else like to see Project Superpowers minimates? I suppose you could do most of the characters without a license, since they're in the public domain.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 995
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would want:

Scrubs (Each doctor could come with a paitent!)

Invader Zim (Although due to their very large heads and Gir being soo small this would be hard to do)

Heroes (A brilliant, already suggested idea)

Super Smash Bros (Infinite possibilities, with massive characters like Mario, Sonic, Samus, Kirby, Pokemon.etc attached to that lisence)

Yaaay.

• 2 weeks later...

After seing Tropic Thunder, I think they could make atleast a couple great minimate boxests out of it, sticking witth the vietnam theme, I wouldn't mind some Full Metal Jacket mates, or a second series of Platoon to round out that movie's ranks.

Supposing I haven't mentioned them before, Three Kings (1999 film) would work well as a boxset too, get some more current looking soldiers, and minimate versions of Clooney and Ice Cube.

Edited by The Avenger

• 2 weeks later...

Call me crazy, but i would love to see some Monk two-pack sets! It would be amazing having obsessive-compulsive Tony Shaloub solving the murder of our many million-to-come Spideys! Here is how i see the line-up:

Adrian Monk and NatalieTeeger

Accessories: Box of tissues "To tidy up the crime scene," "pointer" fingure for Monk

Lieutenant Randy Disher and Captain Leland Stottlemeyer

Accessories: Handgun x2, File for Cap' "Gotta issue a case somehow!"

Dr. Neven Bell and Dale "The Whale" Biederbeck (Monk's gotta have some'big' baddie!)

Accessories: Clipboard, Face sleeve to make current Neven into old Dr. Charles Kroger (rest his soul, and his actors...), and a chair for Dale (too fat to stand!)

Well, what do ya'll think? I personally feel that going with some of the Dramas on USA would make excelent minimate series', such as Burn Notice or The Closer (everyone needs a mini-Kyra Sedgewick!) since we've gotten so many other dramas. It just seems like the way to go. Heck, even Psych would be fun since it's a comedy-drama!

Edited by Twisted Two-Face

Call me crazy, but i would love to see some Monk two-pack sets! It would be amazing having obsessive-compulsive Tony Shaloub solving the murder of our many million-to-come Spideys! Here is how i see the line-up:

Adrian Monk and NatalieTeeger

Accessories: Box of tissues "To tidy up the crime scene," "pointer" fingure for Monk

Lieutenant Randy Disher and Captain Leland Stottlemeyer

Accessories: Handgun x2, File for Cap' "Gotta issue a case somehow!"

Dr. Neven Bell and Dale "The Whale" Biederbeck (Monk's gotta have some'big' baddie!)

Accessories: Clipboard, Face sleeve to make current Neven into old Dr. Charles Kroger (rest his soul, and his actors...), and a chair for Dale (too fat to stand!)

Well, what do ya'll think? I personally feel that going with some of the Dramas on USA would make excelent minimate series', such as Burn Notice or The Closer (everyone needs a mini-Kyra Sedgewick!) since we've gotten so many other dramas. It just seems like the way to go. Heck, even Psych would be fun since it's a comedy-drama!

Remember how 24 ended up? Yeah, well, that's where I see Monk. In fact, the only TV series (that hasn't already been mateitized) I can see translating easily to Minimates and not being boring are the X-Files, Family Guy (Endless hours of fun with that one.), and probably Scooby Doo. Now wouldn't that be a fun minimate series?

Here's how I see a wave (4 two packs. no variants)

Scooby and Shaggy

Fred and The Black Knight

Velma and Redbeard

Daphne and Captain Cutler

Then do a box set of random ghosts and Scrappy Doo and another Scooby EX

Scooby

Scrappy

Miner 49er

The Pterodactyl

Creeper

Edited by Trekker 42

My personal 'rule of thumb' for a prospective 'Mate is " is it quickly recognisable by a non-collector of Minimates once it is removed from it's packaging". This works with most DC & Marvel Minimates,people who don't recognise the actual character will know it's 'some superhero or other'. It doesn't work with '24' & I don't feel it will with 'Monk',it does work with SotL & BBTF, to a certain degree, perhaps due to the accessories. For the record I like Monk it's a really quirky show. Strangely enough I quite like the Scooby-do idea & very much like the word 'mateitized' which Trekker has coined :biggrin: Perhaps slip an hyphen in & I'll go with it. Mate-itized. Nice word :thumbsup:

Hey, i won't deny it, who wouldn't want to see Scooby-mates? I agree with you that they have very recognisable characters, and they'd be fun for adults and the young collectors. I should know; my loving grandma and i used to watch Scoob all the time! Heck, i would buy them just to get back those memories!

My personal 'rule of thumb' for a prospective 'Mate is " is it quickly recognisable by a non-collector of Minimates once it is removed from it's packaging". This works with most DC & Marvel Minimates,people who don't recognise the actual character will know it's 'some superhero or other'. It doesn't work with '24' & I don't feel it will with 'Monk',it does work with SotL & BBTF, to a certain degree, perhaps due to the accessories. For the record I like Monk it's a really quirky show. Strangely enough I quite like the Scooby-do idea & very much like the word 'mateitized' which Trekker has coined :biggrin: Perhaps slip an hyphen in & I'll go with it. Mate-itized. Nice word :thumbsup:

Gratzi, Gratzi. i don't know where it came from, but it sounded better than mini-fied. With Mate-itized it sounds more like minimates. Mini-fied can be anything made in miniature. So shall we set the word officially as "mate-itized"?

Gratzi, Gratzi. i don't know where it came from, but it sounded better than mini-fied. With Mate-itized it sounds more like minimates. Mini-fied can be anything made in miniature. So shall we set the word officially as "mate-itized"?

"So say we all"

OK! "So say we most of us"

I hate to say it, but if you aren't moved to my side by that song, then there is little hope for you, my friend :no:

One of the greatest theme songs ever made for any thing. . .though not quite the best. This link was to an actual entrance theme song by a wrestling tag team in the 1990s. Intimidating pair, those two. Why is the song-writer so interested in proving from the get-go that they are going after girls, I wonder? :blink:

Edited by karamazov80

• 2 weeks later...
A new license that would probably be dirt cheap to obtain would be Captain Planet. That'd be a pretty perfect six pack. (Earth, Wind, Water, Fire, Heart and Captain)

Gonna take pollution down to zero!

oh, and Mate-erized doesn't quite work for me either.

and

is most definately the best theme song EVER MADE EVER! It makes me happy every time I hear it.

• 2 weeks later...
A new license that would probably be dirt cheap to obtain would be Captain Planet. That'd be a pretty perfect six pack. (Earth, Wind, Water, Fire, Heart and Captain)

what a great idea...to sucessfully end minimates as we know it!

the most god awful tv cartoon in the world

A-MotherF

rick

en-Men That was the absolute worst TV show ever. What the hell did Heart do anyway? That is the worst power ever.

• 1 month later...

Some excellent ideas within this thread, with some of my favorites being the GhostBusters, Rocketeer, and Pulp heroes lines. I would also like a Captain Planet mate, but wouldn't have any interest in the Planeteers. Also, a huge show of support to the Atomic Robo suggestion and the Aztek minimate (since DC is now gone).

Here are a few of mine (not sure if they've been listed yet):

- He-Man - Just imagine Eternia brought to life as Minimates. How sweet would a He-Man w/ Battle Cat set look? Throw Skeletor, Stratos, Faker, Man-At-Arms, and Teela into the first wave and sit back and count my money as it comes flying in!

- Halo - I know there is already a Kubrick line, but this is easily one of my favorite game franchises of all time and a Master Chief figure would look fantastic in my collection.

- Invincible - One of the best comics in print today, I need an Invincible mate Art Asylum!

- Doctor Who - I know this line is rumored, but until it gets produced, it's still one of the lines I would like to see the most. Add a few Daleks and Cybermen to the line and I'd be quite happy.

- Last Starfighter - One of my favorite 80's movies, this line would be a lot of fun.

- Mortal Kombat - If only for Sub-Zero and Scorpion. This line could come out looking very good.

- Firefly/Serenity - Awesome series that was canned before it's time. Would be great to put next to my BSG and Star Trek mates.

- Wing Commander - Another space series that has a ton of untapped potential.

- Hanna-Barbara heroes - I know I-Men did a line similar to this (with the Blue Falcon, Birdman, Thundarr and Galactic Trio) but I would love to see Space Ghost, Birdman and the Blue Falcon as Minimates.

- Sports Mates - I know the licensing fees would be high but I would love some MLB, NFL and NHL mates. Just being able to put up a Roberto Clemente, Bill Mazeroski, Troy Polamalu and Mario Lemieux set of mates would be fantastic! (Yes, I am one of the few, near extinct Pittsburgh Pirate fans in existence).

I'm sure there are other lines that I would like, but these are the ones that spring to mind.

Edited by jjwspider

Marvel Vs. Capcom figures, even though capcom doesn't have the marvel liscense anymore, i would love to have a mega man, Jill valentine, Omega Red, Gambit, and obviously, Servbot XD

DC Vs. Mortal Kombat, much more feasible than m vs. c, with plenty of cool accessories. Scorpion skull head, ice blast from sub zero, etc.

Saving private ryan! They did platoon, so i think it would be apt to put characters from the best war movie of all time in mate form. Tom hanks minimate ftw!

Street fighter IV minimates! It would use the street fighter II figures that never saw production, as well as new chars. like Abel, Seth, El Fuerte, and C. Viper!

• 5 weeks later...

Why'd you ask this!? I'd love to see Mario, Luigi, Master Chief (and other colored Halo peeps), Samus, Zero Suit Samus, Bowser, Donkey Kong, Ness, Princess Peach, Princess Zelda, Link, Ganondorf, Snake, Raiden, Revolver Ocelot, Psycho Mantis, etc.

Too many to say here.

Oh, and like Randymarsh stated above, I'd love to see Capcom (Megaman especially) Minimates.

And since that new DC vs. Mortal Kombat game is coming out (or is it out already?) I'd like to see Subzero, Scorpion, etcetera.

Edited by Shup Dude

I've got to add another movie that would translate perfectly to Minimates: Tron!! I just re-watched this the other night (it's been many years since I'd seen it) on G4, and could not imagine how this didn't make my original list. Quite a cinematic-achievement (especially for it's time) that would require very few sculpted pieces (predominantly paint app.s and most parts could be repeated...discs and helmets with different markings), not to mention that all would be cast in the same color plastic; this production short-cut could possibly off-set the cost of the license. Not to mention that the Tron sequel has been announced (26 years after the fact LOL); seems like a perfect time for DST to strike.

*Of course Mini-matized "Light Cycles" would be essential (though very unlikely...DAMN you Speed Racer!!!).

Great idea! These 'again' have been produced by Medicom as kubrick figures with relevant vehicles . That said,there would be no reason DST couldn't produce a superior item.

Or shouldn't, the time is right. I can't help but think how much cooler my Kubrick Light-cycle would be with a proper Minimate at the controls (as opposed to the, while beautiful, "stiff" Kubrick)!

• 1 month later...