UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

New Licenses, What would YOU like to see Minimated ?

• Replies 995
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
On 2/24/2017 at 12:31 PM, MisterPL said:

Alien

Austin Powers

Beetlejuice

Big Trouble in Little China

Blade Runner

Breaking Bad

DC Comics

• Aquaman
  • Arkham Asylum
  • Arrow
  • Batman v Superman
  • Black Lightning
  • Constantine
  • The Flash
  • Gotham
  • iZombie
  • Justice League
  • Legends of Tomorrow
  • Man of Steel
  • SHAZAM!
  • Stargirl
  • Supergirl
  • Swamp Thing
  • Titans
  • Watchmen
  • Watchmen (HBO)
  • Wonder Woman

Firefly

Flash Gordon (comic strip)

Game of Thrones

The Goon

Hannibal

Hellboy

Heroes

Indiana Jones

Judge Dredd/Dredd

Men in Black

Micronauts

Mystery Men

Planet of the Apes

Pirates of the Caribbean

Prometheus

The Six Million Dollar Man

Space: 1999

Star Trek

Star Wars

The Thing

The Tick

Underworld

Voltron: Legendary Defender

The X-Files

Decided to add Space: 1999 out of pure nostalgia, as well as more DC properties, past and present. 

On 12/8/2020 at 5:09 PM, MisterPL said:

I haven't seen Raised by Wolves yet but from the previews I'd tend to agree.

I'm liking what I'm seeing from Dune, too.

You should check it out. I was pleasantly surprised by how much I liked it. I hope there's a season 2.

I'm excited for Dune but less than some folks. I'm one of the few who think Lynch nailed it. If the Lynch version was split into two movies it would be the definitive adaptation in my opinion.

On 12/11/2020 at 5:49 PM, Dave said:

what about The Curse of Oak Island, or Gold Rush?

Not sure if you were replying to PL and / or me.  I'm pretty sure those are reality shows with regular folks in them which would make boring mates. IMHO

Raised by Wolves is an HBO Max Sci-fi show. It has some robots and people in sci-fi uniforms. Much more suitable to mates. When I first heard of it, I figured it was some kind of reality show that I wouldn't be interested in. LOL

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/15/2020 at 11:49 AM, cylonchaney said:

Raised by Wolves is an HBO Max Sci-fi show. It has some robots and people in sci-fi uniforms. Much more suitable to mates. When I first heard of it, I figured it was some kind of reality show that I wouldn't be interested in. LOL

I'm three episodes in and the costume designs are Minimatastic!

Just my opinion on Raised by Wolves ....which I watched in its entirety over 3 nights recently.

Generally I enjoyed it & I look forward to series 2 .  Too many Star Wars & Alien 'leanings' for my liking & why oh why do androids always have to speak with implausibly refined English accents?? That nearly killed it for me but there was too many good things about 'Mother' that saved the show.   

Spoiler

Mother transforming from her fairly 'basic' form into the horrific yet ...er ...well-formed Necromancer is priceless . 

Jean Grey's Phoenix of course came to mind but I can forgive that . 

I can see a box-set worth of Minimate characters but only just .

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, thereasonsy said:

Well BSG Reboot seems to be on track for a release this year on Peacock. It’ll be interesting to see if we get mates from it. 

An unneeded reboot of an unneeded reboot. LOL

I did actually enjoy the first unneeded reboot though I was disappointed in the ending. I have ALL the mates and will probably buy ones from the new series if we get them.

I hope it's good.

Also, this made me laugh. Interesting perspective from Tricia Helfer:

“When this one came along with Sam (Esmail), who’s brilliant, right? It did feel a little like a punch to the gut.”

1 hour ago, cylonchaney said:

An unneeded reboot of an unneeded reboot. LOL

I did actually enjoy the first unneeded reboot though I was disappointed in the ending. I have ALL the mates and will probably buy ones from the new series if we get them.

I hope it's good.

Also, this made me laugh. Interesting perspective from Tricia Helfer:

“When this one came along with Sam (Esmail), who’s brilliant, right? It did feel a little like a punch to the gut.”

Well from what I’ve seen/heard so far it is being done by people that love the franchise. I personally loved the reboot but agree the ending was a little off. 

I remember the premiere of the original Battlestar Galactica vividly because it was interrupted by President Carter getting Anwar Sadat and Menachem Begin to sign the Camp David Accords. (Congrats on the impending Nobel Peace Prize, fellas, but I really need to watch this new space show!) I had a tape recorder next to my 13" Sony ready to go! I loved that series.

The reboot was outstanding. I went in with a bit of skepticism but ended up being pleasantly surprised. They left a hell of a legacy.

So while I'm equally apprehensive about the new series, I'll give it the same shot as the first two. But yeah, chances are, I'll buy the 'mates if DST offers them.

I'm actually quite interested to see a new take on Cylons. The classic "Razor" style Cylons from the new series were awesome. I wish they had been the current model.  One thing that show did right was to show respect for the original. I loved how the historical tech was styled as an  homage to classic BSG and their current tech was clearly evolved from it. I didn't really like the new centurion design but at least they appeared to be an evolution of the older models.

Now that I think about it, I hope this new reboot insanely popular and results in minimate vehicles being made so classic Starbuck and Apollo can finally get a sweet ride! :)

PS Razor style centurions are one of my favorite minimates. I have a small army of them.

Edited by cylonchaney

I was not a lover of the original show but the reboot was stunning & IMHO took Sci-Fi to a different level .

I had all the 'mates before I had seen an episode of the show & ,TBQH, I wasn't over enthusiastic about them . Once I'd seen the show that all changed & they ( the 'mates) became much-loved ....until the TRU BSG 'mates came along. The 'trouble' with the TRU mates is that they are superb in nigh on every respect , they are vastly superior to the previous LCS waves . Compare (just for example) the 3 Galen Tyrol minimates , the TRU version is not 'just better' it almost looks like the other 2 are knock-offs. Even the TRU Modern Cylons are superior, not so much that I (or you?) would care but they are different. The Tylium & Red Stripe are just sublime,anybody wanting to offload either needs to contact me :thumbsup:

I look forward to anything BSG & especially anything Cylon .

On 1/17/2021 at 5:54 PM, thereasonsy said:

I hope that we get new mates but thinking about it we still don’t have Picard ones and that show has been doing great. 

Holding back from huge rant here. But that show was pathetic and I don't think it did well or would inspire much in the way of collectible purchases. Maybe I'm one of those toxic fans that you hear about but IMHO modern trek is not trek at all and Gene is probably spinning in his grave. I watched and enjoyed every previous Trek series and enjoyed them all. Enterprise had just finally found its stride when cancelled and was the last decent thing in the franchise.

I watched 2 seasons of Discovery. I'm done. Watched one episode of Lower Decks, done.

One season of Picard. Poorly written and extremely disrespectful to its origins. Done.

The people in charge of Trek these days seem to not understand Trek. I would not buy any products based on these new series no matter how good the product. Ok Maybe if they made a retro Warbird or Klingon ship so Kirk could have some space battles but that's it.

Anyone who feels differently, fair enough but Trek is basically dead to me at this point and I was a fan since childhood. I know I'm far from alone on this.

Anyhow, sorry for the negativity. I hope one of these days they make something that inspires merchandise purchases to the point where it triggers some retro-Trek mate product, including ships and aliens.

Cheers.

2 hours ago, cylonchaney said:

Holding back from huge rant here. But that show was pathetic and I don't think it did well or would inspire much in the way of collectible purchases. Maybe I'm one of those toxic fans that you hear about but IMHO modern trek is not trek at all and Gene is probably spinning in his grave. I watched and enjoyed every previous Trek series and enjoyed them all. Enterprise had just finally found its stride when cancelled and was the last decent thing in the franchise.

I watched 2 seasons of Discovery. I'm done. Watched one episode of Lower Decks, done.

One season of Picard. Poorly written and extremely disrespectful to its origins. Done.

The people in charge of Trek these days seem to not understand Trek. I would not buy any products based on these new series no matter how good the product. Ok Maybe if they made a retro Warbird or Klingon ship so Kirk could have some space battles but that's it.

Anyone who feels differently, fair enough but Trek is basically dead to me at this point and I was a fan since childhood. I know I'm far from alone on this.

Anyhow, sorry for the negativity. I hope one of these days they make something that inspires merchandise purchases to the point where it triggers some retro-Trek mate product, including ships and aliens.

Cheers.

It's cool to have different opinions. The ratings do suggest you are alone though. lol. Either way I want TNG mates as for me that is my Trek and it's frankly been too ignored by the DST team.

29 minutes ago, thereasonsy said:

It's cool to have different opinions. The ratings do suggest you are alone though. lol. Either way I want TNG mates as for me that is my Trek and it's frankly been too ignored by the DST team.

Actually, I'm far from alone. That doesn't mean no one liked but there are certainly many who agree with me.

When you say ratings, do you mean as in rotten tomatoes type ratings or do you mean number of people who watched it?

Picard gets 56% from the viewers on RT where the Mandalorian gets 91%.

They are touting how it broke streaming records on CBS all access. It's a very new service so somewhat easy to break records. And you have to take their word for it. Have you seen them report any actual numbers or just phrases like biggest premiere ever on CBS All Access?

The numbers this article links to are based on actual viewers in Canada where it aired on TV.  https://boundingintocomics.com/2020/03/05/star-trek-picard-viewership-plummets-over-half-a-million-in-canada/

It's possible that my dislike of the show and confirmation bias are steering me towards the Trek equivalent of flat earth conspiracy web sites but I don't think so.

Out of curiosity, did you like the show personally?

I too would love to complete the TNG bridge crew and an Enterprise D in the same style as the Enterprises we already have.