UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

New Licenses, What would YOU like to see Minimated ?

• Replies 995
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Incredibles is definitely my #1 most wanted Minimate line. I made a Mr. Incredible custom at one point, but haven't made the rest of the family. I should. Not to mention converting a Blizzard figure to Frozone is pretty easy....

Yeah minimates would be better. Their uniforms would really pop on a minimate body. I can see Mr. Incredible with the bulked up chest, arms and regular legs. Elastigirl could reuse some of Mr. Fantastic's parts.

Each two pack could come with a different Jack-Jack microfigure. 

I mentioned Incredibles in the "Minimate Compatibility" thread.  The 1:24 diecast Incredibile from Incredibles 2 can squeeze a couple standard Minimates in it. Tight squeeze. They look really good standing next to it though. May still be able to find it at TRU.

DST wouldn't even necessarily need to get the license... couldn't the Disney Store say, hey make us Minimates for Incredibles like they did previously for Peter Pan?

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 2/24/2017 at 12:31 PM, MisterPL said:

Alien

Austin Powers

Beetlejuice

Big Trouble in Little China

Blade Runner

Breaking Bad

DC Comics

• Arkham Asylum
  • Arrow
  • Batman v Superman
  • Constantine
  • The Flash
  • Gotham
  • iZombie
  • Legends of Tomorrow
  • Man of Steel
  • Supergirl
  • Watchmen

Firefly

Flash Gordon (comic strip)

Game of Thrones

The Goon

Hannibal

Hellboy

Heroes

Indiana Jones

Judge Dredd/Dredd

Men in Black

Micronauts

Mystery Men

Planet of the Apes

Pirates of the Caribbean

Prometheus

The Six Million Dollar Man

Star Trek

Star Wars

The Thing

The Tick

Underworld

Voltron: Legendary Defender

The X-Files

After seeing how DST is treating — rather ignoring Pacific Rim Minimates, I’m taking Voltron off my list as a vote of no confidence. I’ve really been enjoying the cartoon but not because of the giant robots that combine into an even bigger robot practically every episode. No, I’m enjoying the characters, and a Voltron line without paladins isn’t one I’d be interested in collecting. 

• 3 weeks later...

Have we discussed Hanna-Barbera before? Let's face it, there's something for everyone here. I can see a blind bag assortment of Scooby-Doo gang members and famous foes (including a variant or two of Scooby himself), a few box sets featuring Bedrock's Best and our Futurist Family, heck even an All-Stars wave including Yogi and BooBoo, Huckleberry Hound and Mr. Jinks, the list goes on and on. Space Ghost, Cap'n Caveman and the Teen Angels, Hong Kong Phooey, Top Cat, Droopy Dog, Magilla Gorilla, Snagglepuss! What a fantastic opportunity this could be. 

DST would have already had experience doing some of the more outlandish character designs with lines such as Muppets allowing for them to go all out and make sure these characters reach their full potential. 

However, nothing would beat the absolute creme de la creme of this license: Jonny Quest. Think of how many amazing characters and designs we could get out of this! All the crazy and fantastical characters the Quest Team went up against and who knows maybe even some deluxe sets featuring one of the many hover-car variants or Turu the Terrible! Jonny Quest has never had much merchandise at all and for such an action oriented cartoon, it deserves one. What better treatment to give it than the Minimate one?

I think this could be an absolute gem of a license and one that would stand out to collectors. 

Glad to hear it, PL. Truth be told, I wouldn't be much into blind bags either. However, with the specific Scooby-Doo license being more child-oriented (I know more than a few of us enjoy it, myself included, but let's be real here) blind bags would most certainly be the way to go with it.

I can see floods of those toy unboxing videos for kids taking a stab at these minimal bags piling up on my YouTube suggested screen right now...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 11/27/2017 at 12:23 AM, JeffBohn said:

The Orville. Really surprised how much I like this show. 

And liking it even more this year.  And per today's Ask DST...

"Damon K.
Hi, I’m a huge fan of your Star Trek ships and weapon replicas and I was wondering is there any possibility of you getting the license to make Orville products?

DSTChuck: A few of us at the office are fans of the show (I have S2 on my DVR) so we’ve talked about it, but we’ll see!"

Yes please.

• 2 months later...

Some conversation on the End is Nigh thread got me thinking about potential future properties, which I have no idea if they've been discussed on this thread before. These are all properties that I believe fit with DST licensing trends, fit with the minimate design and style, and are all relatively untouched (at least at the moment) in terms of toy licensing. So here we go:

1) Blade Runner & Blade Runner 2049 - A really dynamic and beautiful world of characters to pull from. Perhaps a bit niche, but considering some licenses DST had gone after previously I think this would be a great fit. I could also see the police spinner being a potential vehicle set.

2) Avatar the Last Airbender/Legend of Korra - Some would say the time has passed, but in fact, I think it a great time to pursue this license with the Netflix series being produced. Deep character library full of color and variety rivaling that of our comic powerhouses, plus some extremely cool elemental effects and accessories! Maybe even a few creatures? Did someone say minimate-scale Appa? YES PLEASE

3) Mad Max: Fury Road - Some really neat post-apocalyptic costumes, not a deep character library, but certainly could lend itself nicely to several box sets, perhaps even some vehicles??

4) Tron: Legacy - Colorful, bright and streamlined costumes, another good opportunity for a few box sets and perhaps some light cycles. Also optimistic about this one because DST was able to get the the license for the oiriginal 1982 movie through the Kingdom Hearts line.

5) Pacific Rim - Tiny jaegers! Need I say more? But in all seriousness DST already has the license, it seems the biggest thing holding them back would be the excessive amount of sculpting that would be required for all the different jaegers and kaiju.

Edited by OvenproofBug6

• 1 year later...

Wow!  There's been no discussion about new licenses in over a year.  Wild man.

Anyway, I had a brainwave last night and I need to get it out of me.  I'm shocked that DST didn't go after the Bill and Ted license.  It's fun, colorful, on the verge of a reawakening, and total nostalgia bait.  The perfect thing that could sustain a handful of waves/boxsets like the view Askew stuff did.

Imagine a box set for Excellent Adventure with Bill, Ted, Rufus, and Abe Lincoln. Another with Socrates, Billy The Kid, Ghengis Khan, and Napoleon. [or that collection of characters, but with bill/ted split up].  

Bogus Journey would be even more fun with the titular characters, a newer rufus, good robot uses, Death, Station, Dead color drained versions of B/T, Denomolos, etc.  Plenty to work with and plenty to complain about when they inevitably skip Joan of Arc, the Princesses, or Ted's Dad.  I still think it's be pretty fun and reasonably viable, especially now.

Anyway, thanks for coming to my TED talk.

I am incapable of holding a conversation regarding View Askew Minimates , that is not a criticism just a fact . Bill & Ted ? I like your thinking.

I watched The Ballad of Buster Scruggs last night & I loved it .  Howzabout a whole range of Filmmakers box sets.... with the Coen brothers leading the charge? 

Next up could be a Stanley Kubrick (how ironic that would be) range . Spartacus,2001,Full Metal Jacket ......"here's Johnny"  &  Alex :woot:  

1 hour ago, funkguerilla said:

Wow!  There's been no discussion about new licenses in over a year.

Well, it's been a while since DST actually offered Minimates based on anything "new" even when they announce a new license and that includes Minimates in the agreement. (Pacific Rim, I'm looking at you.)

The last couple times they did offer new Minimates they both got canceled thanks to low pre-orders. (Bruce Lee and John Wick, take a bow.)

So unless it's a new niche market for Marvel Minimates, there's not much enthusiasm for speculating like there once was. ?