UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

New Licenses, What would YOU like to see Minimated ?

• Replies 995
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Astro City.
Astro City.
ASTRO CITY!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

After seeing the DuckTales reboot's premiere holy hot damn do I want DuckTales minimates now. I also think the art style on this new cartoon would translate well to minimates and it'd be something to do with that duck head DST is likely putting together for Kingdom Hearts. 

Id also be okay if Lego got this license but I dunno if it'll have broad appeal for Lego. I certainly hope it does though. This could be Gravity Falls good if it keeps itself on track. 

• 1 month later...

Most of these have already been mentioned, but I guess I never did add my wishlist to this thread.

1. Blade Runner: (the original, not 2049) This is by far my favorite sci-fi movie and if they were ever made you might have to wipe me off the floor. As this movie has always been plagued by licensing problems, I know it's a pipe dream, but that's what wishlists are for. It's definitely my #1 most wanted license.

2. Game of Thrones: I hate to be "that guy" but I loved ASOIAF long before it became popular, and only minimates could do this series justice and give us such a large cast of characters. Other action figure companies just wouldn't be able to give us all the minor characters involved that add to the greatness of the saga. I could see this line going on for years...each wave could be themed on a different house or location... but all this has been discussed before...

3. The dead horse that is DC: Obviously we all want these and it's not happening. Being a huge Legion of Superheroes fan, it breaks my heart we never got a single Legionnaire... or finish the Teen Titans... or get a Black Canary... etc., etc., ad nauseum.

4. Indiana Jones

5. Flash Gordon

6. POTA

Surprisingly, I'm okay without Star Wars, G.I.Joe, and MOTU...mainly because I have very nice collections of the first two, and dread the though of starting all over again in minimate form. It would basically break my bank account. As for MOTU, I think they are colorful enough to make awesome mates, but the show was always just a tiny bit droll for my taste (I'd probably still get them, though lol).

My wish list would be

Mad Max movies

Blade Runner (both)

Escape from New York/ L.A. 

Indiana Jones 

I quit Star wars for minimates(also they became impossible to find), so I'd be fine without mates. Besides the SW universe is so vast with just the movies, I'd be worried they wouldn't complete the line(a la Trek).

4 hours ago, bilbofett said:

I quit Star wars for minimates(also they became impossible to find), so I'd be fine without mates. Besides the SW universe is so vast with just the movies, I'd be worried they wouldn't complete the line(a la Trek).

I'd be concerned they'd barely start the line (à la Trek).

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sure most if not all of these have been suggested but I would love to see 

Mortal Kombat

Final Fantasy

Star Wars I wouldn't mind but I'm sure that would be some hectic collecting depending on how in depth it was. 

Dragon Ball Z as well as other anime shows. 

and lastly Power Rangers. I think they would be perfect in Minimate form and there's definitely a market for em right now. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
9 hours ago, inktb said:

Ready Player One!

I’d buy the fuck out of that. Put out a single wave with Sorrento/Parzival Aech/Artemis Daito/Sho and iRok/Anorak with a Curator BAF and you’d have a solid compliment to every single Minimate line ever made. 

Bonus points if they find a way to include Halliday and Morrow since they both showed up in the Halliday Journals in the oasis as themselves. 

Plus if they sell well enough you could make the High Five as their real selves  or include alternate heads to make real world counterparts from various Minimate parts  

And hell if DST gets their hands on everything in the movie you’ve got a near-endless well to pull from. 

• 3 weeks later...

On 4/3/2018 at 12:10 AM, Trekker 42 said:

I’d buy the fuck out of that. Put out a single wave with Sorrento/Parzival Aech/Artemis Daito/Sho and iRok/Anorak with a Curator BAF and you’d have a solid compliment to every single Minimate line ever made. 

Bonus points if they find a way to include Halliday and Morrow since they both showed up in the Halliday Journals in the oasis as themselves. 

Plus if they sell well enough you could make the High Five as their real selves  or include alternate heads to make real world counterparts from various Minimate parts  

And hell if DST gets their hands on everything in the movie you’ve got a near-endless well to pull from. 

I was just thinking of Ready Player One minimates. That's a pretty solid lineup. I do want their real life looks for the Oasis Visors and suits and because I just dig these characters. We could get some Sixer army builders too. 

And like you said it compliments most licenses DST has. We got the Delorean, Mechagodzilla, Iron Giant etc. We need that Gundam though.

• 1 month later...