UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

New Licenses, What would YOU like to see Minimated ?

The Hellpop family has been on a big Harry Potter kick recently, and it's stirred up my desire for HP Minimates.  I remember someone asking Chuck in an AskDST about them a few years ago, and he said he thought the time for Harry Potter had passed, which is just crazy talk.

• Replies 995
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DST doesn't go backward. 

Unless it's Back to the Future

And Predator.

And Alien.

And Nightmare Before Christmas.

And Clint Eastwood westerns.

And Tarantino flicks.

And obscure Madonna films.

And 1950s sci-fi films with robots.

And 1960s sci-fi TV shows with robots.

And 1970s sci-fi shows with robots.

Otherwise DST does not go backward. 

3 hours ago, hellpop said:

The Hellpop family has been on a big Harry Potter kick recently, and it's stirred up my desire for HP Minimates.  I remember someone asking Chuck in an AskDST about them a few years ago, and he said he thought the time for Harry Potter had passed, which is just crazy talk.

The Hellpop family :jawdrop:.......now that grabbed my attention ...........has it really been that long?  F****gwow  :thumbsup:

Me ? I'm slowly getting back into 'mates after being finally drowned by them over the last 2 years out of 10 so ..........

Buffy.............although not my bag ............ seems almost inevitable so punching for them is unnecessary . Buffy seems likely.

Asterix is my dream license .  Asterix Minimates would be the best selling minimate line ever.

On 2/24/2017 at 3:53 PM, Roccothegreat said:

harry potter mates would make dst too much money. not sure they want all that money.   

yes im totally taunting them, prove me wrong dst (;

It would also COST a lot of money. For the license.

And who said we didn't go backwards? "That time has passed" is not the same thing. Doesn't mean the time won't come around again.

Edited by DSTZach

13 hours ago, DSTZach said:

And who said we didn't go backwards? "That time has passed" is not the same thing. Doesn't mean the time won't come around again.

On 3/19/2015 at 7:02 AM, DSTZach said:

Aside from Shiva, Axel, Billy and Thomas, many of those are in the works! We're moving forward, not backward.

On 9/6/2013 at 0:28 AM, DSTZach said:

We have no plans to end the line, we like the idea of constantly moving forward and not backward, and the most popular characters with mainstream audiences are from earlier in the comic's run.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'll have to see what this movie looks like before I get too excited at the prospect of figures from it.

I've ran across some pictures and reviews of the Loyal Subjects Action Vinyls for Masters of the Universe and G.I. Joe lately and as a minimate collector I'm quite jealous. Both properties would be perfect for minimates and wouldn't compete with any product that I'm aware of. If Mattel and Hasbro are willing to license the properties I wonder if DST has inquired?

On 3/27/2017 at 3:54 PM, MisterPL said:

Hey, I'm just happy with the concession that DST is willing to go backward. Clearly they have, whether the time was right or not.

If I'm not mistaken, both those posts you quoted were about The Walking Dead characters, one license out of 50 or so we have. WE didn't want to go back in the storyline, to older storylines, and make tertiary characters, and I don't think Skybound did, either. They liked the waves to be more or less of the same era in the comic.

Nobody has ever said we don't go backwards with LICENSES, as Watchmen, Beetleuice, Iron Giant, 1980s TMNT, KH2, and our other new MM licenses show, although Watchmen, TMNT and KH are still relevant properties, with ongoing stories. I assume your comment was about Harry Potter, which is far from over, but there are more questions about which licenses to get than "is there current media" and "can we afford it".

Does your company have the HP license? DC Comics? TMNT? I know you have Marvel...

On 5/10/2017 at 7:55 PM, stack32 said:

I'll have to see what this movie looks like before I get too excited at the prospect of figures from it.

I've ran across some pictures and reviews of the Loyal Subjects Action Vinyls for Masters of the Universe and G.I. Joe lately and as a minimate collector I'm quite jealous. Both properties would be perfect for minimates and wouldn't compete with any product that I'm aware of. If Mattel and Hasbro are willing to license the properties I wonder if DST has inquired?

In the last 15 years? Sure. We used to make Joe busts and statues. I do not think poseable figures has ever been allowed.

22 minutes ago, DSTZach said:

In the last 15 years? Sure. We used to make Joe busts and statues. I do not think poseable figures has ever been allowed.

Seems like a fine time to roll out some MOTU and GI Joe Vinimates, if you ask me .... I think this is where my focus is going to be in the near future.

For what it's worth, the figures from The Loyal Subjects are articulated, 9 POA or more depending on the license. That's what made me wonder if Mattel and Hasbro might be taking a different approach to licenses now than in the past.

• 4 weeks later...

I know it'll probably never happen.. but Trailer Park Boys. There's tons of characters and vehicles. 

Ricky, Julian, Bubbles, J Roc, Tyrone, Randy, Mr. Lahey, Sarah, Lucy, Trinity, Cory, Trevor, Jacob, Philadelphia, Sebastian Bach, Cyrus, and more! There's also Ricky's Shitmobile, Julian's Monte Carlo, Mr. Lahey's car, and we could finally get a riding lawnmower piece! 

I know no one else would probably be interested but I'd buy em all. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/10/2017 at 6:55 PM, stack32 said:

Think of all the kick@$$ vehicles that could come from a GI Joe line if one were to happen.... I would collect that line 100% and I know almost nothing of the characters. Just want cool army men and vehicles lol

• 1 month later...