UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

New Licenses, What would YOU like to see Minimated ?

Am I the only one here who wants KP minimates?

Quite possibly. And what's the 65 rule?

It's a rule Disney imposed on its animated series that they shall have no more than 65 episodes. If there are extenuating circumstances, this rule can be broken, however it is extremely rare. Kim Possible is one of those series. One considered good enough to go longer. The only other cartoon that has done this is Ducktales. Thus, this is quite a lofty achievement, and a big comment on its quality. However, the show has virtually no merchandise outside of video games and random episode compilations.

• Replies 995
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Danny&Sam4EVER - Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't there quite a bit of Kim Possible merchandise at one time? My daughter was too young for it at the time, but I think I recall Walmart, Target, etc., carrying Kim Possible dolls, mini figure/dolls, accessory kits, and more. The only reason I ask, is that I don't recall any of that merchandise selling very well. Most of it hit clearance aisles and stayed till it was about 60% or more off the original price. I've never seen the show and thus cannot comment as to whether or not it would be a good prospect, but given what I saw, I'm not sure if this would be a lucrative license to pursue. Please don't take this as any kind of attack on you as a member, just my observations.

Danny&Sam4EVER - Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't there quite a bit of Kim Possible merchandise at one time? My daughter was too young for it at the time, but I think I recall Walmart, Target, etc., carrying Kim Possible dolls, mini figure/dolls, accessory kits, and more. The only reason I ask, is that I don't recall any of that merchandise selling very well. Most of it hit clearance aisles and stayed till it was about 60% or more off the original price. I've never seen the show and thus cannot comment as to whether or not it would be a good prospect, but given what I saw, I'm not sure if this would be a lucrative license to pursue. Please don't take this as any kind of attack on you as a member, just my observations.

I do recall seeing Kim Possible stuff at my local TRU that succumbed to the clearance aisle as well. Of course, I remember buying LotR minimates at $1 a pop at my TRU as well. That doesn't make it a bad show or anything, it just means that the merchandise just wasn't timed right or just didn't properly represent the show.

Pretty much anything sci-fi but specifically:

Aliens

Predator

Robocop

Terminator

Star Wars

More Trek

BSG (classic) - need someone to attack with my army of classic Cylons!

Space 1999 (that would be funny)

Highlander

Matrix

Futurama

I know it will never happen but man would I love an Optimus Prime minimate.

Also Austin Powers - If Mustafa comes with broken legs they could call it the variant instead of a defect. ;)

Blues Brothers might be fun.

How about presidential 2-packs. Bush/Gore, Reagan/Carter, Nixon/Kennedy etc.

A couple are jokes but I would buy everything on this list if they made em!

The reason that didn't sell well is because it was marketed to girls, mostly dolls, and those type things, and they weren't close enough to the show's style in the face/head areas, they tried to look too real. To quote drgnbrn316, it

...just didn't properly represent the show.

The fans didn't like that, so they passed on them. The LICENSE would be lucrative, if CORRECTLY handled, because it has a larger following than just kids. I can testify for that because most of the people on the KP message board that I visit with over 1000 members are 20-40.

Don't get me wrong -- I more than anyone understand how incorrectly marketing something can lead to a dismal failure no matter how much potential lay in the property itself. I'm a long time fan of Firefly/Serenity and watched the show from the very first broadcasts. I loved the show, but Fox kept preempting it for baseball, or other special events. Half the time the show aired afterward (11 p.m. or later) and the other half it didn't air at all. The Fox network chose to air the episodes out of order and decided, only after the series was canceled, to air the 2 hour pilot episode last. The show itself was wonderful, genius some people would say. The way it was submitted to the market, less than brilliant. So I can understand, and like I said before I've never seen the show (Kim Possible) and didn't realize the fundamental differences between the show and the merchandising reality. Truthfully I'm for just about anything minimate related.

I think Heroes would be a great license. You could do a ton of varients too:

squinting hiro

future hiro

clear claude and/or peter

various wounded versions of claire

varient "zane taylor" sylar

police officer matt

jessica/nikki variations

isaac with his kooky "painting the future" eyes

....and so on

I'd like to see a James Bond line...

Series 1 ( Connery Era )

-Bond w/white tux and Goldfinger

-Honey and Dr. No

-Rosa Klebb and Red Grant

-Jill ( painted gold ) and Oddjob

-Wetsuit Bond and Largo

-Ninja Bond and Bloefeld

-Mr. Wint and Mr. Kidd

Series 2 ( Moore Era )

-Bond and Baron Samedi

-Nick Nack and Scaramanga

-Commander Bond and Jaws

-Chang and Hugo Drax

-Astronaut Bond and Holly Goodhead

-Bond w/suit and Bloefeld in wheelchair

-Kamal Khan and Octopussy

-Zorin and May Day

Series 3

-Lazenby Bond and Bloefeld

-Dalton Bond and Sanchez

-Classic M and Moneypenny

-SPECTRE Goons

Vehicles ( like Speed Racer )

-Aston Martin DB5 w/Connery Bond

-Lotus w/Moore Bond

-Aston Martin Vanquish w/Brosnan Bond

I would like to see:

Thundercats, The Professional ("This is for Matilda")

Dragonball Z, Bill and Ted's Excellent and Bogus Journey

He-man , The characters from The Lost Boys

Brave Star , Bram Stokers Dracula

and Mask , Oh and Donnie Darko, Interview with a Vampire, The Crow, and The Manga

cartoons Helsing and Vampire Hunter D

Stokers Dracula,

and Mask, Oh and Donnie Darko, Interview with a Vampire, The Crow, and The Manga

cartoons Helsing and Vampire Hunter D

Power Rangers (Then there would be lots to be made)

And now not really license needed:

-Basic stuff,like,a pack of..10-20 different hair pieces,a pack for clothes,eads,etc. so you can make ur own characters!

It would be awesome if they made parts and accessory packs, but sadly, I don't think its in the cards. For one, the powers that be haven't shown much interest in civilian packs, making most "build-a-mate" ideas impossible. Plus, any character-specific accessories would have to fall under the scrutiny of the original licensor, and thus, in Marvel's case, likely get nixed before production. In addition to that, Lego has released a ton of head/hair pieces, accessory sets, and civilian sets, and we know that the powers that be aren't keen on following the beaten path, as seen in responses to build-a-figure and reverseable head requests.

Now that the "legal disclaimer" is out of the way, I can geek out on how cool it would be. You could go the premade route, where all the parts you get in your build-a-mate set already have the final details on, limiting you to certain clothing designs, facial expressions, etc. Or, you could go the way cooler route of just bundling a few varieties of blank parts with a few sheets of decals to choose from. You'd still be somewhat restricted but not nearly as much as you would in the premade run.

Star Wars for sure.

Rock Icons.

those are the only ones I could think of, but the if they made Star Wars, there would be so many series of minimates it would be incredible!

Interesting enough, I stood up last night watching the first film on HBO. I still enjoyed it like the first time I saw it at the theatre. I always wanted to see another X-Files film. Great News! I used to watch the show too and I think they can make a cool box set of minimates.

I want that Gillian Anderson minimate! I don't know what it is about reheads :P

MOVIE WAVE 2 (after BTTF)

Bill and Ted wave..

Featuring

Bill , Ted , Rufus , Grim Reaper , Station(s) , Beethoven , Napoleon , Socrates , Abe Lincoln and Billy the Kid. - THINK OF THE CUSTOMISABLE PARTS!

Accessories

Guitars for the main guys and a grim reapers scife

Chase Set

Good robot Bill and Good robot Ted

Someone also has to come with a phone booth!

POSSIBLE PLAYSET - Circle K or Battle of the Bands stage

MOVIE WAVE 3

Ghost Busters

Featuring

Peter , Ray , Egon , Winston , Vigo , Gozer , (2.5") Stay Puft , Dana (as Gatekeeper) , (2.5") Statue of Liberty

Accessories

Proton Packs - no more needed!

Chase set

Slimer with the Two terror dogs

Someone has to come with Ecto 1

POSSIBLE PLAYSETS - Rooftop for the first film or the containment unit!

These would fit really well if they are going to go through cult movies

mmmmmmmmmm, considering this started out as a small post, I really got into this!!!!!!!!!

That was fun :tongue: :biggrin: :thumbsup:

while thinking of movie mates....id like jay and silent bob mates^^

wave 1 jay and silent bob strike back:

Bluntman/Chronic

Justice/orangutan

Federal Wildlife Marshall/weird wildlife dude who said hed f*** a sheep(played by Seann William Scott)

wave 2 dogma:

usi using jay/holy golfstick silent bob

Bartleby/Loki

Bethany/"shit monster"

wave 3 clerks/II:

regular jay/regular silent bob

Randal/Dante

Becky/Elias

Neon Genesis Evangelion would be great, if they made the angels and the mechs, the humans would e alright too.

Maybe some Dragon Ball Z? Dunno that show is way past its prime in the U.S but maybe the minimates would be fun, alot of characters to choose from.

Classic Rock bands in sets. Kiss, Guns n' Roses, Rolling stones etc

300 movie minimates lol? dunno seems fun they could have the king, his soldiers, the evil king from persia (forgot the name), all the diferent bad guys with the different suits, example, first wave of baddies, the second with the metal masks, the guys who throw the gernades, and that big frankestine guy.

G.I. Joe minimates, lots of characters there too

Hell ill say it NINJA TURTLE minimates, it would be quie out, but i would like to see them.

NVM I thought my ideas were good, but the guy from basement24 did everything i could think of, and plus he already has designs laid out, it would be awesome if he sold them to the compnay and they could produce them. Hey basement24 you should try that you have great designs. :teehee:

NVM I thought my ideas were good, but the guy from basement24 did everything i could think of, and plus he already has designs laid out, it would be awesome if he sold them to the compnay and they could produce them. Hey basement24 you should try that you have great designs. :teehee:

Barry (aka Basement #24) now works as a freelance designer for AA. I hope they use some of his ideas for licences as well.