UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

New Licenses, What would YOU like to see Minimated ?

I say we definitly need transformers

Thing is though that we've already got Minimate type Transformers in the shape of the Myclone figures and to be honest the only way i would want to see TF Minimates would be in the 3" bodies because don't get me wrong, i love the 2" body but in my opinion the 3" would suit the line more...

Said Myclone figures in question...

myclone2sig2.jpg

• Replies 995
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I responded to this sort of category before, so I have to add mine: Doctor Who. While it has a small following in the US, the fans tend to be very passionate and I'm sure they would scoop up the 'mates as soon as they appeared. My pics:

New Series: (first wave)

The Doctor (Chris Eccleston) with Slitheen

Rose Tyler with flying creature from "Fathers Day"

The Doctor (David Tennant) with Cyberman

Capt Jack Harkness with Gas Mask Zombie from Empty Child/The Doctor Dances

Classic Series: (first wave)

4th Doctor (Tom Baker) with Lalla Ward Romana (K-9 as accessory?)

3rd Doctor (Jon Pertwee) with Master

2nd Doctor with Tomb Style Cyberman

5th Doctor with Gallifreyan time lord

4th Doctor (Tom Baker) with Lalla Ward Romana (K-9 as accessory?)

3rd Doctor (Jon Pertwee) with Master

2nd Doctor with Tomb Style Cyberman

5th Doctor with Gallifreyan time lord

Yes!!! Classics are a *must*. I would love to see a Tom Baker hairpiece. :lol:

If this series were to be made, would AA make a T.A.R.D.I.S.? I mean, they didn't make a bike for Ghost Rider, and that is pretty much his trademark...

Glomit

If this series were to be made, would AA make a T.A.R.D.I.S.? I mean, they didn't make a bike for Ghost Rider, and that is pretty much his trademark...

I don't see a problem with AA making a TARDIS. The only reason they can't make vehicles for so many of their lines is because their license forbids them to do so. (Does anyone know whether even DC forbids AA from making vehicles for their characters? I know that is the case for Marvel). A TARDIS would be a must. They could also do Bessie (the yellow roadster) for the third Doctor. Daleks are a must--I didnt include them in two packs because I think they should be their own wave, just like the Cylons! For those who aren't familiar with Doctor Who, the Daleks are HUGE with fans, and sell like hotcakes in general (esp in the UK).

I think Doctor Who falls well below the radar for so many fans, but it is a perennial favorite (it is the longest running sci-fi series in the world--it went almost non-stop from 1963 to 1989, and now has a hit new series that is going strong in the UK and on Sci-Fi in the US). Of all the licenses that AA courts now (24, I Robot, Rocky), I think Doctor Who could blow them out of the water.

Well, I also see an opportunity for a Maximate- the Robot from the episode Robot. Bessie would really be a necessity for the 3rd Doctor, since he is grounded on Earth for most of the time. As for Daleks, there is SO much that could be done with them! I have seen a lot of differently coloured Daleks (gold, in particular), as have my parents when they got to the U.K..

This line would be fantastic because of its unlimited possiblities, there being so many episodes.

Glomit

I can't beleive there isn't like 20 requests for INVINCIBLE, after all he's the greatest superhero in the universe :tongue: , and there are so many figures that could be done in the line, everyone could find something they like.

and if we are talking tv shows, HEROES would rock!!

can I get a witness?

• 2 weeks later...
The perfect army builder set up,300. Sign me up for 300 spartans please!
Did some body say "spartans"? 411qa2.th.jpg I really think they could pull it off, I mean look at how they used new parts for the Cylons with out making them look to blocky. Maybe they could do the same with spartan armor, Covenant Elites, or even grunts (with a drink for there Grunty thirst :lol:).

Halo 3 FTW, ...:::Halo1701:::...

I think he meant the Spartans from the movie/comic 300. Though Halo would be pretty cool, and not hard to pull off, considering you have essentially two main body types.

As far as vehicles is concerned, yeah, that's a license restriction, particularly on Marvel's part. We've seen prototypes of BSG vehicles, and Speed Racer came with a car, so we know they can make them when allowed. I imagine since AA is in direct partnership with DC for the new minimates, then they can probably make a vehicle if necessary. The question is if there is a character that warrants it.

Well, we saw some Moviemate posters at the NYC TF. If DST is going this route, what would be some killer licences? Let's breath some new life into this topic thread. What movies would make decent MMs and which poster would look cute in MM form. Remember that certain movies have more than on poster when they are solicited. Here are some of my picks:

Aliens: Ripley / Hicks

Vasquez / Hudson

Bishop / Burke

Alien army builder case ( a la Cylons single sets)

Movie Poster: The one with Ripley holding Newt.

Pirates of the Carribean: Jack Sparrow / Barbossa

Will Turner / Elizabeth Swan

Pirate Zombie 2 pack

Movie Poster: The cover of the DVD case.

Resevoir Dogs: Boxed set: Mr.White, Mr. Orange, Mr. Blonde, Mr. Pink, Mr Brown and Nice Guys Eddie.

Poster: The one with them all walking together.

Kill Bill: Boxed set: The Bride, Elle Driver, Bill, Vernita Green, Bud and Oren Ishi

Poster: The one with Uma in her yellow jumpsuit brandishing her katana.

Some of these may have been mentioned, but I would love to see:

1) Ninja Turtles

2) Planet of the Apes (the old school version)

3) Ghost Busters

4) Anything Anime (evangelion, trigun, cowboy bebop)

5) Kevin Smith's movies (Jay and Silent Bob!! Now that would be sweet!)

6) Buffy & Firefly

I'm sure I've said this before, but Serenity! Have 5 packs of two and you've got the main 10 characters- Mal and Inara, Wash and Zoe, Jayne and Kaylee, Simon and River, and Shepard Book and The Operative. Viola! Diamond Select has the liscense now and it would be a nice redemption since the action figures were... lacking.

Avatar the last Air bender would be cool

I've thought about customizing a couple of characters from that franchise. As far as something official though, I doubt it'll happen, as Lego has the license at the moment and DST has never seemed to kill themselves going after child-friendly licenses.

Avatar is definetly something I would buy. I am actually working on a custom Aang right now, but he's still a ways off. I think this would work really well, as it 1) appeals to be adults and children, 2) has main characters that offers many different costume/representations for various waves, 3) has an ongoing media tie-in which would help with sales, and 4) has a pretty rabid fan base who would purchase these if they were done right. Personally, I became a fan because of my nephew, but was frustrated to see that the Mattel/FisherPrice figures have not yet (and apparently do not plan any time soon to) include any of the female characters. Many of the central characters are female, but that old school thinking of "boys wont want to play with girls" seems to be the foundation of the current line.

I was thinking about how cool Avatar 'mates would be this weekend. With the live-action movie on the way, maybe the timing is right.

Theres a Avatar movie comin.. when?

And newaddict. Post the Avatar minis when you are done. I'm sure theyll look great.

I know that with the Marvel line there are limitations on vehicles, but I was thinking of a minimate offshoot line called "Minimotors" or "Minimovers" which could consist of generic vehicles rendered in minimate scale and style. A motorcycle, a jeep/car, a boat, etc. Render them in plastic with generic style and collectors could customize them to their liking. Even without added work, who wouldn't love to have some mini vehicles as background or scenery pieces. Just a thought.

I'd love to see Art Asylum do Kim Possible Minimates. It's way popular, one of the only Disney toons to break the 65 rule, and has endless variant possibilities (pun intended).

Series 1

Mission Clothes Kim/Ron with .5" Rufus

Shego/Dr. Drakken

Senor Senior, Sr. and Jr.

Monkey Fist and monkey ninja

VARIANT: Club Banana Kim/ Smarty Mart Ron

Series 2

Supersuit Kim/Casual clothes Ron

Jim/Tim (the Tweebs)

Bonnie/Cheer Kim

Synthodrone Outfit Eric/'El Presidente' Drakken

VARIANT: Prom Suit Eric/'El Presidente' Drakken

Series 3

Supreme One Shego/3 inch ripped Future Drakken

Sitch in Time combat gear Kim and Ron

Future Tweebs

Future Duff and Monkey Fist

VARIANT: Shego outfit Kim and Ron

And that's just rattling off the top of my head!

EDIT: After further deliberation...

Series 4

Prom outfit Kim/Ron

Casual Kim/Monique

Hego/Mego

The Wego Twins

VARIANT: Wade/Monique