UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

New Licenses, What would YOU like to see Minimated ?

As cool as all the ideas that have been listed above are, I'm thinking after Kellogg's, the next line we'll see is Carmen Sandiego and her group of flunkies, like Miss Conduct, etc. Or maybe some obscure Portugeuse cartoon. I'm trying to think of what carries the smallest fanbase whatsoever. Any ideas?

• Replies 995
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As cool as all the ideas that have been listed above are, I'm thinking after Kellogg's, the next line we'll see is Carmen Sandiego and her group of flunkies, like Miss Conduct, etc. Or maybe some obscure Portugeuse cartoon. I'm trying to think of what carries the smallest fanbase whatsoever. Any ideas?

Ok dont take this personally but...

Enough with the constant negativity...If you dont like what AA are producing then dont buy it, but dont make every other post you make a jibe at AA, it's tiresome.

T.

I think Office Space minis would be cool. Also, I was really hoping the Micronaut minis would make it to frutition, but they didn't. Maybe AA or DST could give them a shot.

I think Office Space minis would be cool. Also, I was really hoping the Micronaut minis would make it to frutition, but they didn't. Maybe AA or DST could give them a shot.

Are you talking about the Myclone Micronauts? I was surprised to run across this auction this morning. Admittedly I don't run in the Micronaut circles, so you may be referring to some other minis, but I thought I throw that link out there.

And Alpheon, Google and Wikipedia have links to vast repositories of information you might find useful. :P

Ok dont take this personally but...

Enough with the constant negativity...If you dont like what AA are producing then dont buy it, but dont make every other post you make a jibe at AA, it's tiresome.

T.

Sorry about that. Don't mean to be a Negative Nancy*, its just hard to look towards a possible future without looking at what I percieve as missteps in the past and present. I'll try better to keep my negativity in check and reserve my opinions until I have a finished product in hand.

* Please note, the previous statement was in no way, shape, or form intended to offend or otherwise hurt anyone by the name of Nancy, having a nickname of Nancy, or otherwise associated with the name Nancy

Doctor Who would be pretty cool, there is just the problem of popularity. Not so many people in North America know about it. Just like BSG, we could have the new series and classic series and maybe the spin-off series.

I also have "Life on Mars" in mind (has no affiliation with the LEGO theme, "Life on Mars"). It's an English series about an investigator who gets hit by a car and falls into a coma. When he wakes up, he find himself in 1973, on his way to a new police station where he is paired up with some crooked cops. I guess you can't do a LOT with it, but it would still be cool.

Glomit

Are you talking about the Myclone Micronauts? I was surprised to run across this auction this morning. Admittedly I don't run in the Micronaut circles, so you may be referring to some other minis, but I thought I throw that link out there.

And Alpheon, Google and Wikipedia have links to vast repositories of information you might find useful. :P

I think he is referring to the Nanomen Micronauts (since the MyClones were of Henshin Cyborg/Microman. Although the same toys, Microman and Micronauts have their own stories to go with them (Marvel published a long run of comics to go with Micronauts)

Oh and Flash Gordon ? YES!!!!

As long as they was based on the 1980's film and not the original comic strip or Saturday morning cinema serial...

I was thinking about the whole thing, especially the classic strip.

NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

You can have a Flash Gordon line by all means but it HAS to be based on the 1980's film as nothing else Flash Gordon reaches the high standards of the film :P

2000AD Minimates wouldn't go amiss either, how cool would Judge Dredd/Mean Machine or Judge Anderson/Judge Death two packs be ?

Let alone if they did a Rogue Trooper Minimate cos if they did i could die a happy man...

2000AD Minimates wouldn't go amiss either, how cool would Judge Dredd/Mean Machine or Judge Anderson/Judge Death two packs be ?

Let alone if they did a Rogue Trooper Minimate cos if they did i could die a happy man...

I've been pettioning for these for yrs....

T.

T.

Seriously, i think this should be the next line of figures to be released. They're fantastic comic characters and totally suitable for the Minimate treatment due to the bright costumes and accessories and just various characters from Rogue Trooper to Slaine to The A.B.C Warriors & Nemesis the Warlock...

We can but dream...

T.

The company that shall not be named claims they have the licensing rights to the 200ad characters. :(

I think he is referring to the Nanomen Micronauts (since the MyClones were of Henshin Cyborg/Microman. Although the same toys, Microman and Micronauts have their own stories to go with them (Marvel published a long run of comics to go with Micronauts)

That's how I'm reading his post too Kirby. Here's a few images of the Nanomen:

The original concepts from a company called X-plus:

http://69.93.119.2/photo/1/showgallery.php?cat=1595

Those were from TF '04. As of TF '05, it looked like a different company took over the concept, Kenetic Toyz - either way, the Nanomen have not materialized in stores.

Too bad too, as I really liked the cut joints they added to their figure.

T.

The company that shall not be named claims they have the licensing rights to the 200ad characters. :(

We'll assume you're talking about sh***er toys in which case it's probably not strictly true

I believe 'the company that we dont mention' tried and failed to get the license.

My big concern would be that 2000ad is a very British thing and might not sell to well here in the USA.

T.

p.s. I must talk to one of you guys in the UK to pick me up those awesome JD TPBs that they recently released many volumes of.

MEGAMAN!!! the classic! YES!

YESSS! Definitely. I love Megaman so much, more then any Marvel character around. Megaman X was always my favorite, though. Does that make me unpure? :blink: Or shuold I say, "corrupted"? Heck, I wouldn't REALLY care if they even did Megaman Battle Network, since all the characters in that are essentially homages/rip-offs/new incarnations of the originals.

I LOVE MEGAMAN!!! :)

My big concern would be that 2000ad is a very British thing and might not sell to well here in the USA.

I agree slightly but you would think what with the film (And yeah, i know it was crap) that a 2000AD license would be a biggish seller...

2000AD is a pretty well known comic all over the place, i mean, one of my friends in Panama is a diehard 2000AD fanatic even though he has to D/L the latest issues...

Thinking about it as well, Highlander and WWE would make good future licenses in my opinion. Who wouldn't want a 2.5" "Classics" Undertaker or Hulk Hogan...

Because let's face facts here, a Minimate "old skool" DX would totally rock *nods*

Thinking about it as well, Highlander and WWE would make good future licenses in my opinion. Who wouldn't want a 2.5" "Classics" Undertaker or Hulk Hogan...

You got me Thinking...I would love an Iron Mike Sharpe...that dude used to blow, but he was always one of my favorites to watch. Then I'd like a "Polish Power" Ivan Putski, Rocky Johnson, and a Piper's Pit playset with Snuka getting cracked with a coconut!.....man the good old days, when they were still the WWF

But, speaking of New licenses, gimme GI Joe,with more colorful characters than you can shake a snake at!

I'd also love to see Thundercats, He-Man, Dukes of Hazzard, and some sets like The A-Team, Knight Rider, Space Ghost, Blue Falcon, Harvey Birdman, etc.....

You got me Thinking...I would love an Iron Mike Sharpe...that dude used to blow, but he was always one of my favorites to watch. Then I'd like a "Polish Power" Ivan Putski, Rocky Johnson, and a Piper's Pit playset with Snuka getting cracked with a coconut!.....man the good old days, when they were still the WWF

I think the way the BSG line is being done would suit a WWF/WWE line. You could have a "Classic WWF" line and then a "Modern WWE" line. Not too sure how some of the characters would translate into the minimate body but lets be honest here, if they can do "Rocky" then i'm sure that this line is achievable...