UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

New Licenses, What would YOU like to see Minimated ?

I'd certainly be partial to Minimate sets based on certain historical eras. In particular I'm interested in seeing:

The Tudors (King Henry the Eighth and Ann Boleyn)

Elizabethan era (Queen Elizabeth and... Shakespeare?)

Victorian era (Queen Victoria and... Sherlock Holmes?)

Puritanical era (maybe some generic Salem Witch Trial victims... and a stake for them to burn at)

I would also appreciate one of those "Minimates From Around The World" dealies like Barbie used to do. I'm already giddy at the thought of African, Hindu, Turkish, Chinese, Japanese, Maxican, etc. citizens all represented in 2-inch form. Then again this could just be the "going overboard" geeky part of me speaking.

and Magellan.

*cough*

(No ill will meant, seriously this is the guy we're beaten to death with in Grade School History :lol:)

• Replies 995
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is what I'd like to see,

They could do these two in the style of the dc construction packs.

Street Hawk

Knight Rider

as they both had vehicles B)

I'd also like to see these

Robocop

Aliens

Men In Black

Austin Powers

Mortal Kombat

Tekken

Mario Minimates

Thundercats Minimates

Make some kind of Minimate appearance. and finally... because someone already pointed out minimates work best with colourful/heroic kind of designs

Defenders of the Earth - Flash Gordon, The Phantom, Lothar & Mandrake the Magician

Thats a 4 pack i'd definately buy into. I also think that in the construction kind of style MASK would be outrageously marketable and Sellable! :)

:rocking back and forth in rocking chair 20 years in the future:

"I'm still waiting for I, Robot minimates!"

"There goes grandpa on one of his I, Robot toy stories again. Oh grandpa they are never making them."

"No, no, no you'll see they'll make them....just like the Kellogs mates. Say kids go get grandpa a bowl of Fruit Loops."

"Grandpa....you are a fruit loop."

Laughter ensues and the old man is left to think of what could have been.

I imagine I am not the first person to decree that LOST minimates be made. In fact, I remember DST answering a question about them, but can't remember what the question or answer was. Besides the fact that I would buy every single one in existence, the line would have plenty of character and variant potential to ensure we get no figure equivalent to Hairy Arms McCoy (not that the ST line was out of ideas then either). Plus as long as Season 6 doesn't turn out to be a complete bust (which it won't), the fandom should remain strong.

But, if DST were to pick up the license for LOST, do you think they would realistically sell? It would be nice to have them in waves like the Star Trek or BSG figures, but I don't know if they would have the visual appeal that those lines had. Basically, I'd like LOST figures, as long as they are received in the same way as the 24 'mates.

Nervous just said something in passing on the minimate vehicle thread that set my mind spinning...

I want Battle of the Planets minimates!!!!!!!!!

I want the whole G-Force team!!! With flaring capes!! And little miimate weapons, especially the combat yo-yo!!

I want little green uniformed army builder troopers!! Zoltar with reversible man/woman headblock!! With a Luminous One accessory like the Phoenix Force stand that comes with Rachel!!

I want the four mini vehicles at least, (especially strange round one) and hopefully a Phoenix mega ship!!!

Chuck, Matt, Anybody!!!! PLEASE LOOK INTO THIS!!!!!

Nervous just said something in passing on the minimate vehicle thread that set my mind spinning...

I want Battle of the Planets minimates!!!!!!!!!

I want the whole G-Force team!!! With flaring capes!! And little miimate weapons, especially the combat yo-yo!!

I want little green uniformed army builder troopers!! Zoltar with reversible man/woman headblock!! With a Luminous One accessory like the Phoenix Force stand that comes with Rachel!!

I want the four mini vehicles at least, (especially strange round one) and hopefully a Phoenix mega ship!!!

Chuck, Matt, Anybody!!!! PLEASE LOOK INTO THIS!!!!!

They were going to make *cough*NanoMen*cough*, but they never materialized, unfortunately . :(

Anyway, im still petitioning the Medieval European Explorers box-set. ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Just a quick thought guys regarding future Minimate licenses. Theres supposed to be a New A-Team film due out this year isnt there? Rampage Jackson is playing BA Barracus? :)

I sanction that we have new A-Team Minimates. They could do a 4pack for them. :)

Sorry. I'm too busy pretending that the new A-Team movie doesn't exist. I figure if I close my eyes tight enough and wish really hard, it will go away, right?

Sorry. I'm too busy pretending that the new A-Team movie doesn't exist. I figure if I close my eyes tight enough and wish really hard, it will go away, right?

:lol: Yes lol!

However my thought was that we'd get A-Team Minimates. Perhaps two different styles. Vintage and Movie.. Perhaps the Vintage one would sell out more. But still bring in new fans to both the A-Team series as well as the Minimates themselves.

Even non-minimate collectors who like the A-Team would buy them up. Especially if they were done under the vintage characters, released around the same time as the film :)

• 3 months later...

I'd like to see one series of Kick-Ass minimates

Pack 1: Kick-Ass/ Red Mist- Includes alternate heads and hair pieces for both. Red Mist comes with gun, Kick-Ass has his numb chucks (however you spell it =p)

Pack 2: Hit Girl/Big Daddy- Hit Girl has alternate head piece and hair, and a few weapons. Big Daddy's mask is removable, hair piece and a few weapons.

Pack 3: Frank D'macio/Battle Damaged Kick-Ass- Frank D'macio comes with gun, BD Kick-Ass has the removable jet pack and bazooka

Variant Pack: Frank D'Macio/Battle Damaged Big Daddy- BD Big Daddy comes the same accessories as the normal Bg Daddy

EDIT: Also here is my Watchmen two-packs

Rorschach/Nite Owl

Silk Spectre/Dr. Manhattan

Ozzymandias/The Comdedian

Variant Pack: Prison Rorschach/Dr. Manhattan in suit. I actually don't know if that would be a popular idea, but I always liked the idea of the variant pack having two variants, that way one of the figures you wouldn't have to buy two of them. I'm assuming thats why they started pairing the army builders with the variants.

Edited by weezerspider

As I'm going through Mass Effect 2 for the second time, it seems to me the series would make for some great minimates. With two games and a third on the way there would be plenty of significant characters to choose from. Shepard would also be the ultimate character for variations: Mass Effect 1 or 2, male or female, multiple skin tones, hair styles, uniforms, etc. Some waves might look like:

Wave 1

Commander Shepard in armor (male) / Miranda

Jacob / Samara

Mordin / Grunt

Wave 2

Commander Shepard in armor (female) / Garrus

Jack / Thane

Zaeed / Kasumi

Wave 3

Commander Shepard in uniform (male) / Joker

Tali / Legion

Illusive Man / Collector

CAPCOM Minimates series would be great

Wave 1 - Resident Evil

Chris Redfield (RE5) / Wesker (RE5)

Jill Valentine/Zombie

Leon Kennedy(RE2)/Tyrant

Wave 2 - Megaman

Megaman/Zero

MM Baddie/Bass

MM Baddie/Dr. Willy

Wave 3 - Mixed

Dante/Marinette

Ken/Sagat

Bionic Commando/Monster Hunter

Then so on until we have characters from all over the Capcom universe

CAPCOM Minimates series would be great

Wave 1 - Resident Evil

Chris Redfield (RE5) / Wesker (RE5)

Jill Valentine/Zombie

Leon Kennedy(RE2)/Tyrant

Wave 2 - Megaman

Megaman/Zero

MM Baddie/Bass

MM Baddie/Dr. Willy

Wave 3 - Mixed

Dante/Marinette

Ken/Sagat

Bionic Commando/Monster Hunter

Then so on until we have characters from all over the Capcom universe

I'll tell you what'd really be great, is to do Capcom in a Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 series. That would be a GREAT way to new definitive versions for a multitude of popular Marvel characters, and do a ton of great Capcom guys while enjoying the popularity of a big game. I know Street Fighter is dead, etc, but this way we could get Ryu, Frank West, Megaman, etc...

I was thinking SNL could have potential with added ability for muliple waves. I would love John Belushi as the deli samurai, or the cone heads, land shark, blues brothers, Buckweat, Ed Grimley, Mister Robinsons Neighborhood Eddie, .... You could also do best of sets with certain cast members. Any thoughts

I was thinking SNL could have potential with added ability for muliple waves. I would love John Belushi as the deli samurai, or the cone heads, land shark, blues brothers, Buckweat, Ed Grimley, Mister Robinsons Neighborhood Eddie, .... You could also do best of sets with certain cast members. Any thoughts

Blues Brothers would make a great two-pack. After that it's not really necessary to continue with them. But I'd love a Jake and Elwood. Pull a DSS with them and give us those two. If you want an exclusive, The Penguin and that black guy from the orphanage (whose name I cannot remember)

Edited by Trekker 42

I'd love to see a LABYRINTH set with Jareth, Sarah, Ludo and Hoggle.

FIFTH ELEMENT would rock! Imagine Korben Dallas, Leeloo (in her two iconic costumes, Ruby Rhod, Zorg, a Mangalore mercenary and Plavalaguna who could make the coolest looking 'Mate ever!)

GLEE is such a hot obvious choice! Imagine a basic box set with Rachel, Mercedes, Kurt and Finn... plus a Cheerios box set with Quinn, Santana, Brittany and Sue Sylvester. Unlike a lot of TV properties, GLEE's characters have very distinctive looks and costumes that would translate well to 'Mate form.

STAR WARS... the only Universe of characters with the depth that Marvel and DC offers. I'd give my eye teeth for a Luke, Han, Chewbacca, Leia boxed set. Or a Power of the Dark Side Box Set with Vader, the Emperor, Darth Maul and Count Dooku. The options are so endless it blows my fanboy mind!

A series of movie and music icons would be cool. Who wouldn't want 'Mates of the Beatles (classic and Sgt. Pepper gear), a James Dean and Marilyn Monroe 2-pack, and Elvis Through the Ages (classic, Jailhouse Rock, black leather jumpsuit and rhinestones in Vegas!) plus Madonna through the Ages (Like a Virgin, Material Girl, gold cone bras, Vogue) and of course, Michael Jackson (Billie Jean look, Thriller, Bad)

Kick-Ass... c'mon. Who wouldn't want a box set of Kick-Ass, Hit-Girl, Big Daddy and Red Mist?!?

GLEE is such a hot obvious choice! Imagine a basic box set with Rachel, Mercedes, Kurt and Finn... plus a Cheerios box set with Quinn, Santana, Brittany and Sue Sylvester. Unlike a lot of TV properties, GLEE's characters have very distinctive looks and costumes that would translate well to 'Mate form.

Careful now... you could get burned at the Minimate Inquisition for uttering such a heresy! :lol:

Star Wars - Movies first.. then maybe later the animated stuff

DC Events - War of Light, Blackest Night & Brightest Day

Doctor Who - 2005 to current first, then the classics

I would be a completist on any of the above.. Seriously though, outside of those.. I will continue to pick and choose on any other licenses (besides Marvel)

oh and for the music idea.. I would buy a U2 set. I can just see little Bono with Fly Shades on and The Edge in a beany..

Edited by The Vox

• 3 weeks later...

Interesting announcement today... Cartoon Network has a new THUUNDERCATS animated series in the works for 2011!!

THUNDERCATS 2011

I'd love to see DST snag a Minimates license! At the very least a box set with Lion-O, Panthro, Cheetara and Tygra and a villains set with Jackalman, Slithe, Vultureman and Monkian. Then you could do Mumm-Ra and Jaga and Wilykit and Wilykat as two packs!