UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

New Licenses, What would YOU like to see Minimated ?

• Replies 995
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I Would love Bill and Ted minimates (I can't be the only one) plus we get historical figures.

Yeah, a boxset of those guys. Gotta wonder who would be the two historical figures to go in the box though.

The three I'm leaning toward are Billy the Kid, Socrates, And Abe Lincoln

They have most of the parts they need for the first two. And Lincoln is a very recognizable figure and fits in with Star Trek.

Sorry, but you only get 1 historical dude. Any B&T set has to have George Carlin's Rufus. B)

Hmm, I got quite a few more:

1. All the Multiversers.

2 An Egyptian set with Horus, Anubis, Osiris, Ra, Bastet, And Amun.

3. A Tin Robot MiniMate set.

4. A Colorforms Aliens set.

And that's it for now. ;)

Speaking of the Colorforms Aliens (or Outer Space Men)...

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/090930-Outer-Space-Men.html

I actually bought this book a couple of months ago - it's a fun read, and if it helps grease the skids to get these toys (re)made, all the better!

I know it will probably never happen but NFL minimates would be really cool. I'm thinking one for each team or something because, it would be too difficult too differentiate between members of the same team.

I like this a lot....and not trying to be funny when I say this...but wouldn't the numbers and names on the jersey help?

i would however boycott a michael vick minimate (actually considered throwing in the towel on the eagles when they signed him)

I know it will probably never happen but NFL minimates would be really cool. I'm thinking one for each team or something because, it would be too difficult too differentiate between members of the same team.

I like this a lot....and not trying to be funny when I say this...but wouldn't the numbers and names on the jersey help?

i would however boycott a michael vick minimate (actually considered throwing in the towel on the eagles when they signed him)

The numbers and the names would help but they would still look fairly similar and I think most people would only be interested in a couple players. I could be wrong though because sports fans can be geeky when it comes to collectibles. I know I would buy the whole Giants minimate team. Either way I think these would be a big hit I mean look at bobble heads they're popular and I think we all can agree minimates have those things out classed.

I unearthed some palZ this week & was reminiscing about how I got hooked on block-figures & it occurred to me that although it's been debated before.......I would love to see an X-Files Minimates box set. I accept that the X-Files have long since had their day but I would imagine the license wouldn't be that expensive now & there are still enough Fileys 'out there' for them to sell. For the record, palZ don't always get good press but I love them especially as they never took themselves too seriously .

• 2 weeks later...

post-3300-1256274037_thumb.jpg

i would love to get

watchmen,predator,aliens,hellboy for movie lines

x files,buffy angel for tv lines

now them minimates would definatly do diamond right as for up to date things

sanctuary,supernatural,true blood and fringe for tv

zombieland,harry potter,g.ijoe i list here sinse its hot right know and vampire diaries sinse the characters look so different i meen a carnaval movie with just about everthing in it

last but not least horror --only one movie that would just be frikkin awsome to see minimated NIGHT BREED

and to show my love of the predator i send a custom predator made by myself soon to bee in my customs witch happens to be my very first custom minimate i ever made i hope everyone likes it

I'm sure it has been mentioned before, but I'm too lazy to comb this thread:

Masters of the Universe.

Pair with Mattel, offer them for $8 a two-pack at MattyCollector. Lots of parts re-use possibilities. Yeah, they should be cheaper but I'm basing this on a realistic projection given their standard pricing for other online figures.

• 2 weeks later...
hellboy

buffy(i'm probably the only boy who likes buffy)

rock

classic monsters

g.i.joe

masters of the universe

h.g. wells

edward scissorhands

transformers

unexplained monsters

no,no Buffy and Angel boath are great shows with a very good in depth plots.To see them minimated would be awsome,G.I.joe I think is perfect for minimates as well,heck everything on your list is good

hellboy

buffy(i'm probably the only boy who likes buffy)

rock

classic monsters

g.i.joe

masters of the universe

h.g. wells

edward scissorhands

transformers

unexplained monsters

no,no Buffy and Angel boath are great shows with a very good in depth plots.To see them minimated would be awsome,G.I.joe I think is perfect for minimates as well,heck everything on your list is good

well thanks now i know that i'm not the only boy who likes buffy.edward scissorhands could be a SDCC one pack exclusive.heres how my list goes:

Rock:

beatles box set

gratefuldead box set

guns n roses box set

blink 182 box set (again probably only boy who likes blink)

Buffy:

spike/angel(would have to have variant vampire faces)

buffy/giles

xander/willow

variant:faith

wave 2

the master/kratos

vampire male/vampire female (vampire switch faces)

adam/werewolf

variant:that one good werewolf guy

Classic monsters:

frankenstein/bride of frankenstein

dracula/van helsing

gillman/pretty girl

variant:dr. frankenstein

exclusive:12"godzilla/12"king kong

(could use more monsters)

i'll skip g.i.joe

Masters of the universe

heman/skeletor

merman/manbeast

man at arms/that witch troll thing

no variant

H.G. wells

morlock/eloi

invisible man/dr.moreau

tripod(miniflyer)/man

no variant

box set:

the island of dr. moreau

i'll skip transformers

unexplained monsters

bigfoot/yeti

alien/chupacbra

loch ness monster(don't really know how they could sculpt it)/ghost

variant:UFO miniflyer

thats how it would go if i owned art asylum or dst(which i don't)

Historical accuracy be damned, but I've just watched The Man In The Iron Mask on cable and have developed this inexplicable desire for 'mates based on that movie.

Look, it even has a lot of advantages going for it:

iconic characters (the Three Musketeers)

eye-catching outfits (that dandy-looking French royalty/military garb)

accessories (swords, puffy hats, a rose or two... and of course the eponymous Iron Mask)

variant figure (King Louis and variant

Philippe as King Louis

)

army builders (the generic Musketeer grunts)

public domain characters (er ... at least I'm pretty sure Alexander Dumas is public domain :P)

Eh? Ehhhhhhhhhh? ;)

Historical accuracy be damned, but I've just watched The Man In The Iron Mask on cable and have developed this inexplicable desire for 'mates based on that movie.

Look, it even has a lot of advantages going for it:

iconic characters (the Three Musketeers)

eye-catching outfits (that dandy-looking French royalty/military garb)

accessories (swords, puffy hats, a rose or two... and of course the eponymous Iron Mask)

variant figure (King Louis and variant

Philippe as King Louis

)

army builders (the generic Musketeer grunts)

public domain characters (er ... at least I'm pretty sure Alexander Dumas is public domain :P)

Eh? Ehhhhhhhhhh? ;)

I like it. I like it.

I could see the wave now:

D'Artangian and the Man in the Iron Mask

Athos and Porthos

Aramis and King Louis

Aramis and variant mentioned in spoiler.

I also think that Robin Hood would be BRILLAINT! BRILLIANT I SAY!!! As would King Arthur. And honestly the Iron Mask thing can be put in a boxset plus TRU/Previews. You have the Muskateers in the boxset, the Iron Mask and King Louis as TRU or Previews exclusives. As could Arthur and Robin Hood

Imagine the boxsets/exclusives here:

Robin Hood boxset

Robin

Guy of Guisborne

Will Scarlet

Maid Marian

PX/TRU: Little John and Sheriff of Nottingham

Second PX/TRU: Prince John and Friar Tuck

And King Arthur Boxset

King Arthur

Sir Lancelot

Queen Guenevere

Merlin

PX/TRU: Sir Galahad and Queen Morgana la Fey

Second PX/TRU: Sir Mordred and Sir Gawain

AFX exclusive single: The Green Knight (Why him over any other single villain? Because he's just SO damn memorable compared to any others.)

• 2 weeks later...
I'd love a Medieval European Explorers set with Vasco da Gama, Eric the Red, Hernado de Soto, and Leif Erikson. :lol:

That... would be amusing. I think Badass History could make for a good line. Guys like Atilla the Hun, Alexander the Great, Rasputin, Stonewall Jackson, Pancho Villa, Teddy Roosevelt, and Magellan. With random cool accessories and bios explaning why they are badass.