UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

New Licenses, What would YOU like to see Minimated ?

• Replies 995
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The most popular fantasy story of all time (that isn't sci-fi) is probably Lord of the Rings, and those Minimates apparently weren't that popular. Certainly, they haven't maintained any collector interest. I'm not sure why Harry Potter would be any different, unless you figure young kids would be more inclined to buy them. . .which they might be, as I think of it :ermm:

I don't know if that's true anymore. Harry Potter is the best selling book series ever, fantasy or any other genre. Every time a new movie comes out it whips the fever up all over again. I think that if they were timed with the release of one of the final 2 films and put in a major retail location (TRU, Wal-Mart, Target, etc.) DST could print their own money.

The most popular fantasy story of all time (that isn't sci-fi) is probably Lord of the Rings, and those Minimates apparently weren't that popular. Certainly, they haven't maintained any collector interest. I'm not sure why Harry Potter would be any different, unless you figure young kids would be more inclined to buy them. . .which they might be, as I think of it :ermm:

I don't know if that's true anymore. Harry Potter is the best selling book series ever, fantasy or any other genre. Every time a new movie comes out it whips the fever up all over again. I think that if they were timed with the release of one of the final 2 films and put in a major retail location (TRU, Wal-Mart, Target, etc.) DST could print their own money.

Oh, how I agree with that! Collect 'em all! :yes:

This is going to be a bit of a rant, but it will lead back into Minimates. The 3 most popular current manga series that are being distributed to the United States right are Naruto, Bleach and One Piece published in Weekly Shonen Jump and are distributed by Viz media. These series are popular in all over the world yet we have never seen a line of super articulated, ultra detailed figures of them, this annoys me to ridiculous degree. Anyway I would love to see minimates of these 3 series, especially Bleach. All the good guys wear black robes so they wouldn't too expensive to make, but most of the main cast has powerups that changes their appearance so there would be a lot of variety.

I want mates of all of these guys!

http://beyondcart.com/mid/9855682130/img1/8611.jpg

http://210teenlibrary.files.wordpress.com/...arge_bleach.jpg

Though it's extreamly unlikely, I'm a HUGE fan of the site That Guy With The Glasses.com, and would personally love to see minimates based on them. The site has spawned some interesting matchups and rivalries, such as The Nostalgia Critic vs The Angry Video Game Nerd, and my personal favourite, Linkara vs Dr Insano. Hell, I can see a wave already:

NC & AVGN

Benzaie (with Beary) & ThatDudeInTheSuede (even though he left start of this year)

Linkara & Dr Insano

Variant: Linkara & The SpoonyOne

I Would love Bill and Ted minimates (I can't be the only one) plus we get historical figures.

Yeah, a boxset of those guys. Gotta wonder who would be the two historical figures to go in the box though.

The three I'm leaning toward are Billy the Kid, Socrates, And Abe Lincoln

They have most of the parts they need for the first two. And Lincoln is a very recognizable figure and fits in with Star Trek.

And back on Potter, The Lord of the Rings may be popular, but it is NOT current. By the time DST got the minimates out, the last film was entering theaters. Hard to build up interest. And the books have been out for about a century when DST put out the minis. Harry Potter's first novel just recently gained it's 10th anniversary, and thelast two movies have yet to be released.

That coupled with the lack of merchandise Harry Potter actually has in stores (LOTR had GOBS of toys, Minimates included. And Burger King got on the kick.) Minimates are PERFECT to fill the gap. So honestly, a current series, the most popular current series ever in fact, and two movies more to hype us up, it's hard to believe DST hasn't begged for this license yet.

I don't think that there is any shortage of Potter merchandise. The figures that are made by NECA are very good. There is not however a mass market presence of Potter merchandise with the exception of the Lego stuff. I think that this is a good idea. DST if you are lurking there get moving on this ASAP the window is closing.

I don't think that there is any shortage of Potter merchandise. The figures that are made by NECA are very good. There is not however a mass market presence of Potter merchandise with the exception of the Lego stuff. I think that this is a good idea. DST if you are lurking there get moving on this ASAP the window is closing.

LEGO stuff? There is no more LEGO stuff! LEGO ended with Order of the Phoenix! There is NO mass market! DST, yes, lurk away. And hop to it! I want my mini Voldemort!

I got my wife to watch The Breakfast Club for the first time tonight and I wouldn't mind a some mates from that movie. It would have to be a 6 pack Bender, Claire, Alison, Andy, Brian and Vernon with a sculpted hand. "You mess with the bull and you get the horns."

Edited by minimadman

Star Wars- I know its not likely, but I'd love it.

Halo- This is the only Video Game I'd really like to get its own Mates

Watchmen-maybe to get around the DC thing, they could make them based off the movie, like the Spirit Mates

Batman-Since DC mates seem to be pretty much done, I figure I'd add this. I just want a Batman line. I'm a Marvel guy, but I grew up with Batman comics and have always loved the character, despite not being a fan of any other DC superhero(That includes all of Batman's side kicks lol)

Dirty Harry- Love all 5 of the films, they have enough characters for two or three series'.

Movie Box Sets

The Departed set 1- Costello, Dignam, Costigan, Collin,

The Departed set 2- Ellerby, Madolyn, Queenen , Mr. French.

Heat- Vincent, Neil McCauley, Chris Shiherlis, SWAT Officer

The Dark Knight 12 Pack- its a movie, so maybe the DC thing wouldn't effect it. Batman, Gordon, Bruce Wayne, Rachel Dawes, Alfred Pennyworth, The Joker, Harvey Dent, Two-face, Clown Thug, Maroni, Lucious Fox, SWAT Officer.

I Would love Bill and Ted minimates (I can't be the only one) plus we get historical figures.

Yeah, a boxset of those guys. Gotta wonder who would be the two historical figures to go in the box though.

The three I'm leaning toward are Billy the Kid, Socrates, And Abe Lincoln

They have most of the parts they need for the first two. And Lincoln is a very recognizable figure and fits in with Star Trek.

Don't forget George Carlin, Death, The Bill and Ted robots and Station.

P.S.

A Cramps set would kick ass. Shame about Lux. I wish I could have seen them one more time.

Edited by Rheul

Don't know how many folks here have read this series, but I'd like to see Elfquest minimates. With the Muffet and Terror Dog 'animal' mates, I think it would be fairly easy to include some of the wolves as well.

Just off the top of my head, we would need mates of:

Cutter

Skywise

Leetah

Rayek

Picknose

Tyldak

Winnowill

Kahvi

Two-Edge

And you figure there are multiple versions of some of these characters, plus secondary characters, that these could last several waves.

I actually like that idea. Variants could be "throwbacks" with classic players, maybe a few in black and white!! I know for a fact that i'd buy a team of Dolphins, and those who aren't starting, with a Dan Marino Variant. :lol:

Coaches would be fun, too.

Oh, and i've really been clamoring for some Warehouse 13 minimates. New favorite show, just 2nd to Battlestar. The way i see it, it could go two ways:

Boxset:

Myka Bearing

Pete Latimer

Artie Nielsen

McPherson

Accessories:

Bucket with nullifier fluid

Baggie with nullifier fluid

2x Tesla Guns

3x Farnsworth "phones"

The Bloodstone

Euphoria Record

PX 2-pack:

Claudia Donovan

Leena

Accessories:

Rheticus' Compass

Electric Handcuffs

Alessandro Volta's Labcoat

or, a full wave:

Pack 1:

Myka Bearing

Artie Nielsen

Acc.:

Tesla Gun

2x Farnsworths

Houdini's Wallet

Baggie with Nullifier fluid

Pack 2:

Pete Latimer

Leena

Acc.:

Tesla Gun

Farnsworth

Bucket with Nullifier fluid

Spine of the Saracen (clips to Pete's back)

The Bloodstone

Pack 3:

Claudia Donovan

McPherson

Acc.:

Electric Handcuffs

The Honjo Masamune "invisibility" sword

Edgar Allan Poe's Diary/Quill Pen (one piece; pen on book)

Variant:

Claudia Donovan

Invisible McPherson

Acc.:

Electric Handcuffs

Bloody Honjo Masamune

Edgar Allan Poe's Diary/Quill Pen (one piece; pen on book)

Of course, i already have a Boxset 2/Wave 2 planned, but i'm too lazy to list them now. I'll do it later. :P