UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

New Licenses, What would YOU like to see Minimated ?

• Replies 995
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think G.I.Joe minimates would be really cool. For some reason I can so picture a Snake Eyes minimate and how cool it would look. Dang shame no way would Hasbro allow it despite their own love of making mini-figs of their properties... (Robot Heroes, Combat Heroes, etc)

I could so picture the first wave even...

Duke/Cobra Commander

Snake Eyes (ninja)/Storm Shadow

Scarlett/Baroness

Gung Ho/ Destro

Roadblock/Zartan

variant: Commando Snake Eyes

...sigh...

Edited by MST3KFan

clayface's recent Kestrel custom fueled tis line of thinking...

... long story short is that for some reason my mind started wandering to Grindhouse. Definitely NOT for kids, but in fairness it's an entertainingly kickass movie... pair of movies, actually. Am I crazy for wanting Grindhouse minimates? Hey, if DST can release a Silence of the Lambs box set then surely a stripper with a machine gun for a leg can't be too unbelievable?

Oh, wait a minute... looks like I'm not crazy at all. :lol:

No your not crazy, I've been working on a Cherry Darling minimate for a while now. I think i'm now inspired to finish. :)

I'd love to get Planet Terror, and Death Proof if it comes with a car! :)

I'm gonna eat your brain, to gain you knowledge.

:D

I say The Office(American Version) tell me you would'nt want to see Dwight minimatized!?

Shaun Of The Dead & Hot Fuzz are givens

I would like to see Demetri Martin as a single just like Chef Duff

and Hellboy

and I'm sorry but...YO GABBA GABBA would be awesome.

Edited by entertheninja!

Shameless plug in of my custom, but here's Cherry Darling.

PICT1694.jpg

Screw Spiderman and Ben 10, 8 year olds would be all over Grindhouse minimates in the TRU action figure isle!

hell yeah, thats an awesome cherry darling, planet terror would be cool license

Edited by SErge

• 2 weeks later...
Power Rangers (Then there would be lots to be made)

And now not really license needed:

-Basic stuff,like,a pack of..10-20 different hair pieces,a pack for clothes,eads,etc. so you can make ur own characters!

About time someone else said it!!! I've been drawing the Rangers in minimate form since minimates first came out!! They would so kick ass w/ all the villains (which are a pain to convert) so yes, the Power Rangers need to be transformed into minimates- simple as that.

GIVE ME THE RANGERS!

9ok, yeah I know it probably is never happening but I can dream and keep drawing can't I?)

• 2 weeks later...

They should make Deadliest Warrior minimates. (for those not knowing, its a show on Spike). It would be loaded with the weapons that the people on the show tested. Here's how it would go:

Apache vs. Gladiator

Viking vs. Samurai

Spartan vs. Ninja

Pirate vs. Knight

Mafia vs. Yakuza

Shaolin Monk vs. Maori Warrior

William Wallace vs. Shaka Zulu

IRA vs. Taliban

Green Beret vs. Spetznatz

They'd also make good army builders.

• 3 weeks later...

I love to have american psycho minimates.

a two pack with bateman in a raincoat with his axe, and paul allen.

...i'm not expecting it, just saying it'd be super badass.

a dexter morgan minimate would be cool too, maybe with the icetruck killer?

I have always loved this thread though I don't think I post here that often . Most of the stuff advocated would be very welcome but often a bit obscure & are unlikely to ever happen. Here's my license that I'd love ,truly love.....'The Wire'. I know it'll never happen.

The TV Series was recommended to me by Karamazov & anything about drugs is a big turn-off to me but I bought the box-set & .....wow,what a series.

I'm always last on the block with anything but bear in mind this series has only just started to be shown on British TV !

Brilliant characters who will never see the light of day as Minimates.......what a bloody pity!

Hmmm... you know what? I want "The Royal Tenenbaums" Minimates.

37628-royal_tenenbaums_2001.jpg

royaltenenbaums.jpg

Love this movie. Come on, these guys would look great as mates!

And while they're at it, DST should totally look into The Umbrella Academy as well.

tuaseries2cover.jpg

(Apologies for huge pic)

How's that for left-field? ;)

Edited by NorthRaider

And while they're at it, DST should totally look into The Umbrella Academy as well.

tuaseries2cover.jpg

(Apologies for huge pic)

How's that for left-field? ;)

Oh my God YES!! My friend Mariza, and myself, would kill for these!! DST really needs a Dark Horse license. Ya know, so that they actually get toys outside of Hellboy movies and those Spawn figures. :blush:

Ya know what show i've been obsessed with lately?? The Golden Girls. Yup, no kidding; that's such a great show, and would fit especially well with DST's 80s nostalgia binge here. If you haven't heard of it or seen it (BHM and other Brits ;)) here's a quick run-down:

Picture it; Miami, 1980s (inside joke from the show. Moving on. :)). Slutty 50-something-year-old, and recently widowed, Blanche Devereaux (Rue McClanahan) puts up a sign in the local Supermarket stating that she's renting rooms in her home. Naive Rose Nyland (Betty White) walks up, stating she's also widowed, and takes one of the two rooms. Later so does the intelligent and bold devorcee Dorothy Zbornak (Bea Arthur RIP). After a day, the doorbell rings. It's Dorothy's mother, a stroke victim who has lost the part of her brain that covers censoring speech (think a female BHM :P), Sophia Petrillo (Estelle Getty RIP) and tells Dorothy that her retirment home burnt down. The rest is 7 years of incredibly funny one-liners of history. Wonderful show; i highly recommend it.

goldengirls.jpg

I would love to see DST team up with Dynamite Entertainment to make some minimate box sets.

Red Sonja

Project SuperPowers

And espically some BSG comic series.

Considering the majority of the SuperPowers line is based upon characters that are in the public domain, they likely wouldn't need a deal to do these - aside from having them lined up with the SuperPowers title. I asked DST if they've ever looked at public domain characters for minimates and got a negative response. However, if they could work with Dynamite, I would love to see Zorro, the Lone Ranger, Buck Rogers (great comic so far) and the upcoming Green Hornet worked into this deal as well.

• 2 weeks later...

I would like the idea mentioned in an earlier of getting a set of the classic monsters (Dracula, Frankenstein's monster, the mummy, the creature from the black lagoon, wolfman, invisible man, phantom of the opera and so forth).

I would like to see more from Ace of Cakes/Charm City Cakes esp. Mary Alice. Days of our lives (input from my wife) Star Trek returning, and thatis all I can think of for now.

Here are some ideas for new MiniMates I'd like to see:

1. Miami Vice (The 80s NBC TV show, NOT the movie; They have Olmos in BSG, for a start)

2. "V" The Series ( The NBC 80s miniseries and TV shows, and MAYBE the one ABC is starting in 2010)

3. Total Recall (A great Arnold movie; Kuato and the other mutants would be really cool characters. Of course, they can start by modifying a T800)

4. Rambo (All four films; They have Stallone as Rocky, for a start)

5. Mission: Impossible (The 60s and 80s TV shows, and the Tom Cruise films)

6. "Alien" films (All of them, including the Alien vs. Predator films; They have Sigourney Weaver in Ghostbustres and Michael Beihn in Terminator 2)

7. Die Hard (All four films)

8. Galaxy Quest (The Tim Allen film - These characters would be PERFECT as MiniMates)

9. Bruce Lee (A 2-inch version of the 3-inch ones, to start, along with some of Lee's movie friends/foes, such as Chuck Norris, Sammo Hung, John Saxon, etc.)

10. Chuck Norris (The various characters he's played, and various friends/foes, especially James Braddock and Cordell Walker)

11. "Dillon Hunt" (There are several versions of Gene Roddenberry's TV character; Alex Cord, John Saxon, and the better-known Kevin Sorbo "Andromeda" version. These TV movies and series had many interesting mutants and aliens that would work as MiniMates)

12. Earth: Final Conflict (Another Gene Roddenberry Tv show; I especially liked the Taelons)

Now there will be some possible "overlap" for example, Michael Ironside was in "V" and Total Recall; he also played an enemy of Cordell Walker. Sigourney Weaver was in Ghostbusters, Alien, and Galaxy Quest. This could make it easier to establish new licenses, since they have already used images of the same actors.

My brother had an idea for a series of generic Minimates, suitable for making custo and for "army building" for gaming, diorama and photography purposes.

He also thought of a line of MiniMates based on real-world actors/celebrities, and/or various characters they have portrayed.

Please feel free to add any comments or other suggestions.