UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

New minimate website on the horizon...

From the most recent SDCC news item at diamondselecttoys.com (direct link):

Also debuting during this year’s show will be the all-new Minimates.com web site, designed to give fans the latest Minimates info and entertain kids of all ages with hours of Minimate entertainment! Expected to launch on Wednesday, July 22nd, fans can visit www.minimates.com during the show for a look at the future of the Minimates brand!

Minimate games perhaps? Social networking? Slamdancing?

Edited by Ivan

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man, our little boy has grown up so fast. :happy:

The past two years has been a huge step for DST (anyone else remember the minimate drought of '06?), and all of the new products/news is surely making them one hell of a more recognizable toy company.

Wow...and it only took 6 years for an official website...and we still don't have Kang...well, or a Jean Grey TTA, but that's another story...

DST has definitely held up to their "Year of the Minimate" promise, which our wallets that lay in hospital beds can attest for. Let's just hope that next year they announce as the "3/4 Year of the Minimate," because of this over-exposure.

And i'm all for some online Minimate gaming. Lol, the entire story of the BSG Epic told through Minimates...THAT'D be a fun-ass game!!! :lol:

Awesome! I can't wait to see what sort of minimate entertainment is included. I would agree with Twisted Two Face that a game with BSG minimates would be Frakin amazing! Of course any game that allowed you to play as a minimate would be rad.

From the most recent SDCC news item at diamondselecttoys.com (direct link):

Also debuting during this year’s show will be the all-new Minimates.com web site, designed to give fans the latest Minimates info and entertain kids of all ages with hours of Minimate entertainment! Expected to launch on Wednesday, July 22nd, fans can visit www.minimates.com during the show for a look at the future of the Minimates brand!

Minimate games perhaps? Social networking? Slamdancing?

i vote for minimate jello wrestling

a new site ehh? well i am excited although what else does minimates need with all the other websites out there.

Maybe it'll have one of those features where they'll "Minimate-ize" your picture... :blink:

An official Minimates website with games and stuff just sounds like too much fun. I'm not sure I can take that much awesome! :D

And i'm all for some online Minimate gaming. Lol, the entire story of the BSG Epic told through Minimates...THAT'D be a fun-ass game!!! :lol:

I know the bigwigs might never go for it, but the Minimatization of some Marvel storylines might be fun too. Secret Mini-Invasion, anyone?

After the AA forums, doubt they'll have forums so here is safe...

Right, but I'm screwed.

bah, I think you guys along with central, database and labs will be safe as I find the fan sites have a nice personal flair that no officially run site has

Jeff of the Miniacs

Right, but I'm screwed.

You are looking at it wrongly... Think of it as another resource to get content from, after all don't most internet sites borrow from one another anyway? ;)

T.

Right, but I'm screwed.

You are looking at it wrongly... Think of it as another resource to get content from, after all don't most internet sites borrow from one another anyway? ;)

T.

He's exactly right. Look at it this way. If they have "Go to www.Minimate.com for news and info!" on the box, then online have a links section with MMMV, MMHQ, MMDB and MMC, we all win! This isn't a "there's not enough pie for you!" situation. Now, if it get's to pre-movie Transfandom level, yeah, we're screwed. (for those of you that don't know, the 07 TF movie killed off a good 2/3rds of the transfan websites out there. Between message boards, news sites and fan pages, there were several thousand sites out there. At least 100 big ones.)

Right, but I'm screwed.

No chance , I lurk daily on HQ & I think its about time I said how much I enjoy it...

"I enjoy it very much!" :D

It'll be interesting to see which particular age-group the new site will be aimed at ....youngsters like me or old people.

Edited by buttheadsmate

I don't they will officially acknowledge any fansites as they wouldn't want to be seen as having favourites. Plus they can turn a blind eye to copyright infringement.

I'm just amazed I never went for www.minimates.com when I set up my web address. I should have got that and sold it on for squillions later!

Something tells me they probably wouldn't have a squillion dollars to throw at this project. Most likely, they'd have gone for a more personal approach. After all, what true Minimate fan would deny "the company" their precious website? Heck, you'd probably get some free swag out of the deal. If that failed, I'm sure they've worked out a few connections over the years:

*Danny answers a knock at his door to find Tricia Helfer standing there. Once she's convinced him to sign over the domain name, she smothers him in her bosom then silently slips out of the house. The official reports says that Danny died of natural causes, though the medical examiners cannot figure out why he has that stupid grin on his face.*

Regarding the HQ, I know this isn't the beginning of the end for us. Just a little melodramatic is all. We'll still have to be wary, though. If they're providing the exact same stuff that I am, they'll have the edge with a larger chunk of the customer base, meaning we'll have to change our approach to stay relevant.

I'm shocked it took this long for DST to get minimates.com. At a minimum it should have been re-directing to the AA site.

Dragon - You've been putting out high quality content for months. This is darn near impossible to do. I wouldn't be surprised if DST offers you a job! You've got the skills (and readership numbers to prove it!). Website coding is easy compared to original content generation.

We'll still have to be wary, though. If they're providing the exact same stuff that I am, they'll have the edge with a larger chunk of the customer base, meaning we'll have to change our approach to stay relevant.

You may be forced to run my inane articles about towns named Les Minimes, Haute-Garonne, France! (I hope it never comes to that!)

Something tells me they probably wouldn't have a squillion dollars to throw at this project. Most likely, they'd have gone for a more personal approach. After all, what true Minimate fan would deny "the company" their precious website? Heck, you'd probably get some free swag out of the deal. If that failed, I'm sure they've worked out a few connections over the years:

*Danny answers a knock at his door to find Tricia Helfer standing there. Once she's convinced him to sign over the domain name, she smothers him in her bosom then silently slips out of the house. The official reports says that Danny died of natural causes, though the medical examiners cannot figure out why he has that stupid grin on his face.*

This made my morning! :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone hpin they'll launch it at midnight?? :lol:

I'm not gonna say it'll be anything special; i don't expect anything more than what Ivan does for the Database and his Labs site combined with regular AA stuff. A database, an update/production site, and a regular news site. That's all i'd need, anyway.

Oh, and mail-aways. for signing up for a newsletter or something. :yes:

Um, they have a countdown clock. 2 days and counting............ :blink:;)

huh thought it was sposed to launch on the 22nd wich is tommorow no?

and weres this countdown

Edited by robomate