UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TENIME_art Returns!!!

The shoulder pads on Wolvie look great. Nice idea.

I always have liked your Chris Redfield, but he looks great in that pic.

The Bone figures are a pretty cool idea. I never would have thought that they would have transferred to the Mini style, but they don't look too bad.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really like the Wolverine, but I think you put too much stubble on his face. That's just my opinion. Other than that, it's great! What did you make the shoulder pads out of?

Thanks for the kind words Antacost. Coming from you, that means alot. Your customs are insane. The Bone 'mates have been in the back of my head for awhile. Waaay back when we were all on the old Art Asylum boards, I made up designs for them, but finally decided to put my free time to good use. Problems with black paint are what's keeping me from finishing the last Bone cousin, Phoney. He'll be up eventually, I promise!

Energy-Man, thanks. It took me about three or four repaints (covering the red with black and starting over) to get that darn bat just right...

Logan, thank you. Actually, the Jim Lee pic I used as reference, Logan had a thick 5'o'clock shadow on his mug. Also, the camera seemed to thicken it. It doesn't look that dark on the actual figure. The shoulder pads were the original Ghost Rider's. Seeing as how I'd already cut off the spikes to use on my Spawn custom, I simply just sliced the pads off of the chest piece, painted all the sides but the source of the cutting, and Super-Glued them to Wolverine's torso, so his arms can move freely, with the pads staying in place.

Now, onto Optimus Prime...

Thank you to Nervous for inspiring this little guy. I kinda always wanted to do Optimus Prime in Minimate form, but after seeing his 3" custom, it really put the spurs to me to actually realize my wishes. (Though, mine is in my favorite scale, 2"...)

Thank you to Lurch for doing his Optimus design for me. I may have gone with the 20th Anniv. style, but his Gen1 layout gave me the starting point I so badly needed.

Since the last few customs I've done didn't take much (the Clone Troopers and Bones were mostly decals, Demoltion Man a QC), this is the most work I've done on a Minimate custom in a loooooooong time!

Originally, his face and torso were going to be decals. Well, his windshield still is, but the "silver" on the decal of his grill didn't match the Sharpie I was using on the rest of the body. So, even though it's still on the decal, I did the grill and..."side pieces"(?) all over by hand with silver and black Sharpies. The only other thing that wasn't by hand was the Autobot symbol on his left shoulder. That's a decal that's extremely tiny, and was a huge pain to not only cut out from the sheet, but even harder to affix to the figure!

His head ridge is the same thing I did for the Clone Troopers: cut a strip from a Thing (the ugly, triangular ones) hairpiece. Only, unlike the Troopers, Optimus' ridge comes out and down his forehead (whereas the Clones stop at the edge of the head).

His "ears" were the fins from inside a 'mate torso, where the crotch peg goes in. They're up a little high, but the more I look at it, the more I like it. And I'm the one I made the custom for!

His mouthplate is a corner from the bottom of a Gwen Stacy coat. I first tried to draw that center line down the 'mate face (Silver Surfer's for the base color), but it was too dark, too thick. I love this, because it does what it's supposed to, and is even a little closer to the actual character!

His smokestacks are 'mate rifle barrells, and his wheels are Ben Reilly/Spider-Carnage wrist cuffs. One's glued to the foot, the other, right below the knee joint. His knees can still bend, and his feet (though not turnable) can be easily slid out of his leg, and back on!

His gun is a 'mate rifle, with the scope cut off, and a Daredevil holster on the end. I cut a notch (you can kinda see it) on the holster, and slid the rifle butt inside it!

The background is a screencap from the Transformers Movie. It's a little too cartoony compared to the physical figure, but I think it works.

This has got to be my most favorite custom I've ever done, so far. It definitely won't be my last Transformer 'mate!!

Great Job on Optimus Tenime,

I'm actually the 'keeper' of Nervous's Prime and it's a great piece, yours kinda adds to the mythos though... you guys need ot get together and talk about doing more :D

Keep up the good work and l'm loking forward to seeing who's next...

T.

Looks great, Tenime... I really like the way he looks.

The more I see of Tranformer Minimates, the more I think that they'd work.

Thanks again to Lurch for the design. This time, I stayed extremely close to his design, departing only slightly to replace things I liked from a Pat Lee picture I found online.

The cannon on his arm is the exact scope from the Megatron Ruger that the big 20th Anniv. Optimus comes with. I just shaved the peg on a Sue Storm shield ring flat, and slid it in (so, I didn't butcher my only accessory!).

His head is Classic Iron Man's helmet, with the face cut out, and the top sides shaved down.

The "Ruger barrell" on his back was some Lego, gun-looking thing. I snipped its handle off, and Krazy-Glued the longer piece to Meg's back. It works almost too well... It still needs the sight at the tip, but I've had too many "tiny things trying to glue not sticking" I didn't want to deal with the aggravation. Still, the only way I think I could've done better was to cut the barrell off the aforementioned Megatron Ruger, and we're not having any of that. Unless someone wants to donate a spare to me?

Thanks for the kind words again, guys.

I'm planning on alternating. Autobot, Decepticon, Autobot, Decepticon, etc.

Care to guess who's the next Autobot?

Wow. You guys are good.

As you guessed it:

Bumblebee.

Daredevil provided the horns, Doc Ock provided the shape of the VW bug, while New X-Men Cyclops provided the shoulder pads. Ultimate Storm gave the boots, and Lurch started it off with his design. This is actually my closest custom to his original idea.

Thanks, guys.

Looking good, there Tenime. I love the new 'Formers, and Phooney looks great. How about a group shot of all the Bone figures?

Bumblebee turned out awesome. Good use of the DareDevil mask there...

Antacost and Wadalf: I plan on doing the stupid, stupid Rat creatures, the Red Dragon, Thorn, and Grandma Ben. (when? I don't know) I plan on doing the solo pictures for all of them, then when everyone is finished, one giant group shot (with the Bones front & center)!!

Soundwave has a Batman cowl, trimmed for his face, with Magneto's helmet horns on the front. His shoulder and hand cannons are Lego cylinders, the shoulder with a Lego dot (that's what I call 'em) on the front, and the holdable gun has a modified Jango Fett Kamino dart, glued to the end of the handle that was on the post I used for Megatron's back barrell, and inserted in the end of the cylinder. A Minimate rifle handle is glued to the bottom.

Soundwave's torso was an Inivisble Woman's, painted all except that little rectangle - giving him his clear cassette door!! The Decepticon logo is a homemade sticker.

Unfortunately, the Laserbeak in the picture is a screencap from the Transformers Movie. The regular LB is waaaay too big, the Titanium LB is smaller, but still too big. I have no clue how to make in scale cassettes for this guy...

Any ideas? He feels naked without at least Laserbeak and Ravage...

Jetfire's up, because, well, I had the black, red and white paint, and didn't have the right colors for who I wanted to do next...

His ears were Minimate rifle scopes (one part of two), his ridge and brow were carved out of hairpieces (the ridge has a peg in it) and glued together (and are removable from the rest of the head). The square on his ridge was done with silver Sharpie, then, when that dried, light blue Sharpie - perfectly "metallizing" the blue!!

His wings were White Queen's cape, his tail was the back of Patch's tux. The wings are glued to the torso, and the tail to the crotch, so he retains all the waist articulation of a regular Minimate! His cockpit was Invisible Woman's foot, peg cut off, painted around, and glued to the torso.

His gun was two minimate rifles, trimmed, and glued together, with the other part of the scopes (from his ears) glued end to end at the back - to perfectly mirror the toy's double barrelled rifle!! I was astonished that it looked so much like it!!

Since each new one takes more and more paint than the previous ones, I'm doing an Autobot & Decepticon simultaneously. The Decepticon will be uploaded first (to keep with the alternating)...I just hope it's finished drying first... :rolleyes: