UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TENIME_art Returns!!!

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good to have you back Tenime :)

Anyone else notice that we are welcoming people 'back' that have never been on this board before... ;)

T.

I was welcoming him back to the minimate collective. We have added his biological distinctiveness to our own. :D

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

If they ever officially made these then my wallet would be so empty :P

Excellent work though.

Between you and Webhead and a few others here, it makes me REALLY wish i could customise...

• 2 months later...

Spawn looks great althought the angle of the lighting makes his head look huge! And I wonder if we could see an official D-Man as part of the Target rolling sotck? Although I suppose a new character is more than a repaint...

Thanks. Though, I think it's because the red on his torso blends with the cape, which makes it look smaller, hence - larger melon.

Piece of Ghost Rider chain clasping his cape at the neck, the skull belt buckle is cut DVD case plastic, glued to a hinged, thin clear piece of Marvel Legends clamshell plastic threaded around his crotch peg (like Nightcrawler's tail, only non-existently thinner!), and a whole (handleless) GR chain wraps around behind him, connected only at the base of the skull as seen. Pain in the butt to Krazy Glue. All the spikes on Mr. Simmons came from Ghost Rider's shoulder pads. If I could remember the kind soul from the old Art Asylum board who sent me two or three GR pads, I'd recognize him by name. Thanks, man. The cape collar is the thin clear plastic on the outside of DVD cases. His hands are Venom's, to get the creepy claw thing goin'.

He took me about a month to complete, waaaaay back when I was first getting started customizing (and still throwing my customs onto my scanner to take pictures), and he's still one of my favorites.

The picture was taken without a flash, in a pitch black room, with only a single candle, positioned in front of and below the figure for lighting (so the Photoshop flames would look like they were casting the light).

He currently rests on a clear, 4-peg LoTR C3 stand, sticky-tacked to the tip-top pire of the Batcave, creeping the rest of my Minimates out. :blackspidey: (<--supposed to be ol' Hamburger face)

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATES ARE IN ITALICS ON THE FIRST POST!!!

Added Jim Lee Wolverine (gave him shoulder pads, Civilian Logan's head and arms, facial stubble, and painted all the blue darker), Smiley Bone (finally a use for the Leader's head!!), my old Chris Redfield (with a really cool generic G.I.Joe-type handgun with a tiny flashlight on it - if only you could see it, alas, the perspective makes it all blurry...), my old Red Skull (with the photo color/quality slightly altered to match the background - his head is the right red, don't worry!), my old Captain Britain, my old U.S. Agent, my old Vindicator (James, since that's what I first knew him as, not Guardian), and my old Puck.