UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Ghostbusters Box Set

So after calling and calling my LCS i finally got ahold of the guy and he said he had them so i went out and picked them up here they are:

The set is really nice but it has some problems... the first is that i spent 10-15mins trying to get louis out of the dogs body... i got half of him out i didnt get the legs out so i used some Mark I iron man legs for Louis... I had to use the freeze method for removing the dogs mask also... and i decided to leave my louis in one peice.... (now my dog is made out of louis' legs batwomans torso and iron mans head)

The Good News: :) the set is really detailed first is the GB logo on the sleeves, it looks very nice. the second unique thing is that even louis shoes are "soot" covered....

**sorry im not an expert Photographer** :P

heres some more pics

post-1929-1246491670_thumb.jpg

post-1929-1246491700_thumb.jpg

post-1929-1246491730_thumb.jpg

post-1929-1246491762_thumb.jpg

post-1929-1246491815_thumb.jpg

post-1929-1246491839_thumb.jpg

post-1929-1246491866_thumb.jpg

post-1929-1246491889_thumb.jpg

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was able to get the head (mask?) off Louis by squeezing the mouth of the dog shut (not too much force) then pushing the neck against the side and pulling out. Kinda like a scooping motion, I guess. It didn't come out on the first try, but I was able to do it twice and it just popped right out.

and a few more....

more... mostly of the figures themselves...

post-1929-1246494078_thumb.jpg

post-1929-1246494110_thumb.jpg

post-1929-1246494142_thumb.jpg

post-1929-1246494167_thumb.jpg

post-1929-1246494531_thumb.jpg

post-1929-1246494557_thumb.jpg

post-1929-1246494586_thumb.jpg

post-1929-1246494614_thumb.jpg

post-1929-1246494640_thumb.jpg

post-1929-1246494670_thumb.jpg

post-1929-1246494695_thumb.jpg

Those are awesome :D I love those Peter and Egon minimates. These guys should be a big hit. We're not even getting the first boxset yet and already I can't wait for the second boxset with Ray and Winston in it (they come with Zuul and Stay Puft, right?)

Those are awesome :D I love those Peter and Egon minimates. These guys should be a big hit. We're not even getting the first boxset yet and already I can't wait for the second boxset with Ray and Winston in it (they come with Zuul and Stay Puft, right?)

No.

Ray, Winston, GOZER, and Stay-Puft.

Ghostbusters fail!

Anyone know where I can get a really cheap minimate for my terror dog? I am new to collecting and am only planning on getting the Ghostbusters mates (and Deadpool... maybe Back to the future...). I just need black legs and body, any head...

Edited by Ninian

Since plain black minimates are actually somewhat harder to find, you can always try decontructing those single army-builder Cylon mates for sale at comic shops. Just strip the mate of its sculpted robotic parts (could be trickier on the Cylon mate) and you should end up with a fairly serviceable blank body sans C3 feet. Terminator mates could work too, but their bodies are more silver than black...

Anyone know where I can get a really cheap minimate for my terror dog? I am new to collecting and am only planning on getting the Ghostbusters mates (and Deadpool... may Back to the future...). I just need black legs and body, any head...

I probably have some spare parts I can send your way. Shoot me a PM with your address.

Bad Apple Comics sells a black blank Minimate along with a white Red Cross blank, buy them to support a good cause!

Or you could take the body from wave 25 Red Skull in case you only got it for the head to stick on Villains box set Red Skull XD It's all black.

Edited by Dio

Or you could buy Cloak ad Dagger, and have Dagger watch you mutilate Cloak and remake him into a big black dog of evilness.

Just a thought...Can't imagine what you'd do with Dagger, then, though...;)

I was really upset to know that my LCS guy forgot to order these for this week...until i saw that i spent $50 on comics and sighed a sigh of relief. And then i got the word that BSG comes to my TRU tomorrow, so my wallet and i had a good laugh over a nice, cold cola. The boxset looks great all the same, though, and i am really excited to get it. I'm one of those teens that actually know what Ghosbusters is, and actually liked it. It was fun and quirky, and the the minimates look incredibly fun as well.

I just want to say thank you.

not only for posting picts but for doing them in a different thread this way i don't have to read through every trying to figure out why only Winston is shipping and not the rest of there order.

the mates are super sweet, my LCS also forgot to order them and placed a special order for me. i can not wait so cool!

thanks again

also why not get the newcap america with aim @ tru his legs are black and most of his side