UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Trek Tek Props (now at TRU)

As a child of the 70's, I was fortunate to have access to some cool Star Trek toys - including the Mego Star Trek Crew and the accompanying bridge set as well as some great role play toys.

DST has done a great job of resurrecting some of my favorite toys - but the ones I like most are the Trek Tek Phaser, Communicator and recently-released Medical & Science Tricorders.

All 3 props are full scale with accurate detail, light & sound.

Phaser includes the combination Phaser I/II unit with the removable palm phaser - both having light and sound which includes multiple settings. The combination unit also has an overload/explode setting and sound effect.

The communicator makes the distinctive chirps when the grill is opened, has a timed beep signal (can be set to make the hailing beeps after a delay, once the grill is closed) and most impressively is the spinning Moire. Voice recordings of Kirk, Scotty and the rest.

The newly released tricorders also feature lights, sound and spinning moire. The science tricorder uses Spock's voice and the Entertainment Earth Excl Medical Tricorder has McCoy's medical declarations. Each has a unique detachable scanner approriate to the type.

I was at TRU today and found all three in stock, in abundance.

These are great fun and I highly recommend them if you have an extra $100 or so (Phaser $30, Communicator: $30, Tricorder: $40-50)