UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Cereal Minimates

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now more than likely I believe they will be mail-aways.

You know, that's sad to hear. Even as......strange.......as this license is I would have still picked up each one. However I never have and I never will buy something mail-away. It's just not my style. Sad really, I guess I'll just have to keep my eyes on ebay or something. neo

Now more than likely I believe they will be mail-aways.

You know, that's sad to hear. Even as......strange.......as this license is I would have still picked up each one. However I never have and I never will buy something mail-away. It's just not my style. Sad really, I guess I'll just have to keep my eyes on ebay or something. neo

Yep not usually my style either. These can be Blind Pack-ins which I would still hate even more. It's almost not worth the hassle and will probably go to ebay if it's too much trouble.

Would really like to know the details on these mates.

I don't think it would cost effective to make these mail-away figures. Think about the approximate cost of your average 2-pack, which is what, upwards of 8 or 9 dollars now? Given the massive amount of unique sculpts for these things, I can imagine each single figure would be worth about the same as the average 2-pack. So, how many boxes of cereal, or bags of cookies would you have to purchase to be elligible for just one of these, let alone the entire set? Definitely not cost effective to include them in the actual cereal either. No, their best bet is to box these individually in its own little "cereal box", put them on an aisle somewhere and pray. Shoot, these things might actually be available in super markets and grocery stores next to cheap Lego sets and whatnot.

All that said, I'm still not on board with this. I just can't see some kid picking this up in the checkout line and going, "I wonder what other minimates they make?"

• 3 weeks later...
I always assumed these were going into novelty stores like Spencer's gifts or somewhere like Suncoast/Mediaplay/FYE. They seem to fit right in next to the Family Guy Bend-ems and Simpsons shot glasses.

That's funny. I thought they'd look pretty good under the back tire of my car.

• 1 year later...

What. The. HELL?! I keep seeing all these threads dancing to life. I think "He's not stupid enough to pull MORE threads out of cold storage, is he? Nah!" Guess what, I'm wrong again. Congrats piggly wiggle, you have no idea how rare a hopeful thought for humanity is coming from me, and you successfully destroy it. I'd just like you to know what a bang up job you're doing. Please, keep at it. I'm sure you'll have me rolling on the floor in laughter about Dufar in no time.