UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Cereal Minimates

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shedding light on the darker side of crackle. This recent discovery doesn't bode well for the minimate church. I believe a meeting is in order to try and put some damage-control on this alarming news.

why, Brother Cloneme, I find your lack of faith disturbing...

I find this "religion" a little too short termed for my taste.

Did you know that if you kill yourself on the day that these finally ship, you get reincarnated in minimate form to live forever on TBT!'s display case? Just remember to forward your current minimate collections to me via your last will and testament.

Do not doubt the Minimate church my brothers and sisters. There IS redemption in plastic.... And through this we will find salvation, and variants.

This is all dependant on the amount of donations received, and members joined but, complete speculation leads me to believe that:

Each member of the church will receive three robes one for each of the Apostles; Snap, Crackle and Pop. Along with a gold Tony the Tiger minimate complete with pedestal for worship. A mini sacrificial alter complete with X-Acto knife for which you will be-head marvel minimates with.

Do not doubt the Minimate church my brothers and sisters. There IS redemption in plastic.... And through this we will find salvation, and variants.

This is all dependant on the amount of donations received, and members joined but, complete speculation leads me to believe that:

Each member of the church will receive three robes one for each of the Apostles; Snap, Crackle and Pop. Along with a gold Tony the Tiger minimate complete with pedestal for worship. A mini sacrificial alter complete with X-Acto knife for which you will be-head marvel minimates with.

I forsee horrendous plastic creatures shambling around a foggy town in your future.

And do you really need a knife to behead a minimate? Mine usually just pop off with a little pressure from my thumb.

cereal minimates=bad (I have said it all in 3 words and one symbol)

R.R.

I got to agree with you on this one, despite the "Church's" view. Yeah, the designs look great and everything, but this seems like a shot in the dark as far as liscenses go. There are no cereal sections in my local toy stores, and if something like Street Fighter doesn't sell as well as they hoped, then what chance does Tony the Tiger have?

I was never excited about these to begin with, because its resources that could be better used towards promoting or advancing one of their existing lines, in my opinion. By sculpting heads for these, it really takes some of the minimate "feel" out of the product for me. Sure, they look great, and seem to have some thought put into them (unlike Speed Racer), but its hard for me to really get behind the idea. The characters are kinda bland to me to begin with. Yeah, Tony might be cool, but the frog?! I haven't even seen him on TV in years. Truth be told, the only characters I even see remotely often is Tony and Toucan Sam. Yeah, Snap, Crackle, and Pop are more famous than the frog, but they lack in anything inspiring to me. If I buy these, it'll be as stunt doubles for my cooler minimates.

And I think there's one more after this.

Now more than likely I believe they will be mail-aways.

I think you're right JL and I hope it's only a 2 UPC code or box-top type deal. These suckers will be expensive if it's more than that! I wonder if AA is planning on releasing a box set with the Kellogg's minimates. I'd go for that before have to buy all of their cereals (and now cookies) that I don't eat!

And with Ernie revealed that makes 7 characters so far. Is that the first wave of figs? Or will there also be Coco the Monkey, Cornelius Rooster, and CinnaMon and Bad Apple?

Yeah 2 UPC sounds reasonable or box-tops. I'm gonna end up donating a few boxes. :P If they are mail-aways, we still have to fear S/H charges, 2.95-3.95 or more would make them too expensive for one if you ask me.

It's really going to be a pain to buy expensive cereal/cookies that no one usually eats.

Guess we'll have to wait till they finalize the offer details.

Yep I would definitely get a few if they make them in box sets.