UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Black Bolt and Captain Marvel?

stack32

There's a posting at another message board that says a DST employee at Wizard World Philadelphia mentioned that a Black Bolt / Captain Marvel two-pack was in the works. Has anyone seen this anywhere else? There was supposed to be a DST Q&A at the convention, but I'm not aware of any other reports yet.

Not clutter to me -- I hadn't even noticed the Wizard World thread, so thanks for posting!

Me too , the black bolt and captian marvel sounds awesome.

I'm radded out that we will be getting a Marvel & a Black Bolt - but i'm a little bummed that BB wont come with a Medusa . . . I'm not too hopeful that we'll get a Medusa unless she comes with BB.

Here's hoping BB has a reversable head. One with mouth closed, and one open!

I'm radded out that we will be getting a Marvel & a Black Bolt - but i'm a little bummed that BB wont come with a Medusa . . . I'm not too hopeful that we'll get a Medusa unless she comes with BB.

Yeah, the one drawback is that this might drastically reduce our chances of getting an "Inhumans" box set. It isn't like any of those guys are very well known, but Black Bolt has to be the best known of the bunch, and I don't see them doing a set without him.

Unless it'll be an AFX exclusive complimentary 4-pack! :ohmy:

That's what I'm hoping! Of course, I'll still whine for Crystal and Lockjaw even if they do. :blush:

As anxiety-inducing as it would be hoping DST would release that Royal Family boxset, the "it's not the team if it isn't all of them" dilemma still stands if ever they do decide to release a 4-pack, and a follow-up 4-pack to complete the team seems highly unlikely unless the Inhumans magically increased in mainstream popularity overnight. Personally I'm optimistic that maybe we might see Medusa and Crystal as standalone mates in a wave or themed boxset, seeing as they're already the most prominently-known Inhumans after Black Bolt*.

That said, I'd love for DST to maybe come out with an all-Cosmic Marvel wave someday... that is, IF DST isn't planning on releasing any more cosmic sets after Infinity Gauntlet (which I hope they do).

_____

*Subject to personal opinion, of course

Yeah, the one drawback is that this might drastically reduce our chances of getting an "Inhumans" box set. It isn't like any of those guys are very well known, but Black Bolt has to be the best known of the bunch, and I don't see them doing a set without him.

Come on, DST can always release an Inhumans set with a "battle-damaged" Black Bolt variant :lol:

Personally I'm optimistic that maybe we might see Medusa and Crystal as standalone mates in a wave or themed boxset

at least crystal has other opportunities to be a mate... I mean, she was briefly in the fantastic four and the avengers. she's a "bigger deal" than pretty much any of the other inhumans, and, in my opinion, she's got a better chance of being made

but if I got my vote it'd be for a crystal/ronan the accuser pack :D

Maybe we'll see Medusa and Crystal in a regular wave one day, with one possibly being a variant for the other. And Medusa was a part of the original Frightful Four so there's one opportunity for her to get Minimated...

Funnily enough, I've been saving this recipe for a special occasion...

post-2659-1245663958_thumb.jpg

... namely PLEASE MAKE MORE INHUMANS DST! :blush:

post-2659-1245663958_thumb.jpg

woot for multiple wikipedia tabs ;)

that site is the ultimate time killer. I never just look one thing up. I look up one thing, then I see something in the article I want to look up, next thing I know, it's 9am and I haven't slept all night :(

EDIT: screw you, wikipedia!

Edited by killcharlesdead

While I'm not really too hip on either of these characters, I still like the designs for both. I think they'll translate well into minimates. DST and AA are keeping this year chugging along. Idk how they're gonna continue, but I guess all the profit they'll make from this year will only fuel the fire!

More Inhumans would be great, it's always nice to have more diversity in the Minimate ranks. and a male Captain Marvel is really needed, I'm sure.

I agree that the line needs more diversity. DST's current dabbling in Cosmic Marvel was a great move. I'd love to see them explore more of the uncharted areas like parallel universes (Age of Apocalypse, MC2... Ultimate, of course), international teams (Alpha Flight, Marvel UK), maybe the paranormal stuff (I'd really like to see how they'd update Blade), surely all you comic geniuses can come up with more areas in dire need of attention...

that site is the ultimate time killer. I never just look one thing up. I look up one thing, then I see something in the article I want to look up, next thing I know, it's 9am and I haven't slept all night :(

You think Wikipedia is bad?

(Don't say I didn't warn you ;))

I agree that the line needs more diversity. DST's current dabbling in Cosmic Marvel was a great move. I'd love to see them explore more of the uncharted areas like parallel universes (Age of Apocalypse, MC2... Ultimate, of course), international teams (Alpha Flight, Marvel UK), maybe the paranormal stuff (I'd really like to see how they'd update Blade), surely all you comic geniuses can come up with more areas in dire need of attention...

You think Wikipedia is bad?

(Don't say I didn't warn you ;) )

oh god, I could waste days on that site!

I agree about paranormal marvel mates, maybe a man-thing and a morbius?? daimon hellstrom, i'd love all of these. ahhhhh werewolf by night.

k, i'll stop now.

the hood :X