UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Now that I got your attention with the first Bullseye and Moonstone photos...

This is a bit off topic but when was T42 declared the "movie guy"? Can that position be challenged? If so I hereby challenge T42 for title of Mulitverse Movie Guy.

seconded. "it's a gentleman's challenge!"

we should have a quote tournament! :D

...welcome again, paul!

I'd be down for that. Oh and welcome Paul.

muahaha

This is a bit off topic but when was T42 declared the "movie guy"? Can that position be challenged? If so I hereby challenge T42 for title of Mulitverse Movie Guy.

...welcome again, paul!

Off-topic, I'd be happy to moderate this challenge. :lol: Bring on the Battle For The Title Of Multiverse Movie Guy (BFTTOMMG)!!!!

Oh, you Multiversers and your hijinks... :P

Well I guess I accept. Though I made myself movie guy because nobody else was taking it.

Damn I think I'm gonna lose. But we'll see.

What will be the challenge?

man I need a second... Hey, NR, Forget moderation. Join the T42 side. We have cookies!

Edited by Trekker 42

...welcome again, paul!

Off-topic, I'd be happy to moderate this challenge. :lol: Bring on the Battle For The Title Of Multiverse Movie Guy (BFTTOMMG)!!!!

Oh, you Multiversers and your hijinks... :P

Well I guess I accept. Though I made myself movie guy because nobody else was taking it.

Damn I think I'm gonna lose. But we'll see.

What will be the challenge?

man I need a second... Hey, NR, Forget moderation. Join the T42 side. We have cookies!

I demand brownies. Brownies beat cookies. If you deliver me brownies i shall align myself with you.

Unless there's cake. Cake changes everything. :P

Edited by Twisted Two-Face

Cake changes everything. :P

I agree. cake throws this whole thing out of whack :D

okay, now we just organize this gentleman's challenge.

also, is it a lasting and final title, a "once in a lifetime" thing?

personally, I think it should be able to be challenged, like someone creates a "movie champ" title belt.

like wrestling :D

Cake changes everything. :P

I agree. cake throws this whole thing out of whack :D

okay, now we just organize this gentleman's challenge.

also, is it a lasting and final title, a "once in a lifetime" thing?

personally, I think it should be able to be challenged, like someone creates a "movie champ" title belt.

like wrestling :D

With approval of the mods We could start a thread to determine a fair way to hash this out. Anyone have an idea of how to do that? Third party created test? We all could submit 20 questions each and have the third party email them out at the same time and the first person to post with the most correct answers wins? We could do a six degrees challenge? Oh and North Raider my team has personalized team member's only jackets. ;)

If you're after the title of the Mulitverse Movie Guy then Trekker's position as Multiverse Movie Guy is safe .post-638-1246004188_thumb.jpg

edit; Thanks for the PM, Minimadman. Thankyou for your offer " to shove that dictionary up your a$$" *...... I will mull it over.

mullitheadsmate.

Edited by buttheadsmate

Speed trial is NOT what I'd say be a fair deal. What if one of us has to get off or we have no time? I was kinda thinking double-elimination.

And brownies... I may be able to do that BHM.

And third, yes I do believe that it should be able to be challenged.

Fourth: If I lose I'd like to retain the rights to Ultimate U. Expert and Movie Challenge. Because it wouldn't be a T42 Movie Challenge without T42 right?

As sorry as I am for further contributing to the derailment of this thread's original purpose (Sorry, Paul! :sweat:), I kinda like minimadman's idea of a set of movie questions anonymously sent out to the contestants, who have to sign up on the thread or via PM to keep the questions out of public view.

I've actually already set aside some possible questions, thougn I could always use some help adding more. The questions have to be the type one can only answer when they've actually seen the movie, not just the type any schmoe can Google the answers of.

And if we're going to propose having the mods/the MMMV formally sanction the "challenge", what will be the prize? Should we maybe figure out a special Minimate prize package for the Multiverse Movie Guy? Should it just be a ceremonial title dealie? Will it be a onetime thing or an annual/biannual/monthly event?

Speed trial is NOT what I'd say be a fair deal. What if one of us has to get off or we have no time? I was kinda thinking double-elimination.

Fourth: If I lose I'd like to retain the rights to Ultimate U. Expert and Movie Challenge. Because it wouldn't be a T42 Movie Challenge without T42 right?

Do i look like an old Brit to you?? :blink::P

Cake changes everything.

Do i look like an old Brit to you?? :blink::P

Cake changes everything.

Dammit... I though you were BHM. Sorry. Might have someting to do with Avatars... He had a lantern at one time right? Ah, all you lantern guys are starting to look alike. I bet I start mixing it up more.

NR, I like this idea. But as for a prize, unless you want to give a Moviemates prize to the winner (Ghostbusters, The Man with No Name, or Terminator would be good here) I'd suggest that it be ceremonial and annual.

You know, we need to start a thread for this. Paul needs his back.

Dammit... I though you were BHM. Sorry. Might have someting to do with Avatars... He had a lantern at one time right? Ah, all you lantern guys are starting to look alike. I bet I start mixing it up more.

NR, I like this idea. But as for a prize, unless you want to give a Moviemates prize to the winner (Ghostbusters, The Man with No Name, or Terminator would be good here) I'd suggest that it be ceremonial and annual.

It's cool. ;)

Paul?? Who the hell is Paul?! :lol:

And i'd say someone cough up their scarce mulitples of the DSS set for that pile; you don't need it. ;) I'd be up for this challenge, even without prizes. Though prizes do make it better*, and Moviemates are definitely a nice touch. Though maybe they go to specific categories, with the easier getting common sets and the more difficult go up from there??

*Of course, brownies are still nice. :blush:

I'll see if I can PM Shanester about this idea.

And as much as I'd like to give out Moviemates for that prize, even I'm having trouble tracking those packs down locally. I guess someone can always volunteer to go into partnership for the giveaway, but maybe the ceremonial thing would be better.

And I don't recall BHM ever having a Blackest Night-related avatar.

the only problem I would have with the prize thing, is it turns from a "gentleman's challenge" to an incentive thing. if there's a prize, maybe more people enter... but maybe a few of them cheat x_x

this is the internet afterall, endless source of knowledge.

BHM, we got beer ;)

Fourth: If I lose I'd like to retain the rights to Ultimate U. Expert and Movie Challenge.

I don't know jack about the ultimate universe, outside of ult. wolverine vs. hulk, so that's all yours

Because it wouldn't be a T42 Movie Challenge without T42 right?

it... might be?

Edited by killcharlesdead

BHM, we got beer ;)

Always a nice combination of words :D

Unfortunately if you read back through the posts you'll find that Trekker confused T2F with the 'Old Brit' who has a similar avatar (?) :ermm: . My recent avatar was removed rather rapidly yesterday. :whistling:

BHM, we got beer ;)

Always a nice combination of words :D

Unfortunately if you read back through the posts you'll find that Trekker confused T2F with the 'Old Brit' who has a similar avatar (?) :ermm: . My recent avatar was removed rather rapidly yesterday. :whistling:

oh, I see.

but my offer still stands :D

blue moon okay?

Edited by killcharlesdead