UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Now that I got your attention with the first Bullseye and Moonstone photos...

Hello! I've been reading this site multiple times a day for years now. Now that I've drawn some attention to myself by being the first on the board to confirm and post pics of the newest TRU mates I figure I should take the time to introduce myself more properly.

My name is Paul and I've been collecting minimates since they first began. I have over 550 at last count. Recently I began collecting promotional mates as I'm running out of other minis I need.

I live in Pennsylvania in the suburbs of philly with my fiancee and our kitten. I also collect comic and movie props, costumes, and 1/6th scale comic figures.

I've collected since the day I stopped playing with toys and I'm now almost 33. Minimates are probably my favorite collectible ever for 2 reasons. First I love the diversity of licenses. Secondly..I love the small size as they don't take up nearly as much room as most things!

My favorite mini's are probably: classic Cylons, Villains pack Green Goblin, battle damaged T-1000, and Hannibal Lechter.

My most prized other items: my copy of Amazing Spider-Man #14 (1st Green Goblin), My Detective Comics #148 (2nd Riddler from 1948), My Master Replicas Rocketeer helmet, my Factory X Dr. Doom mask, My Green Lantern Power Battery.

My fiancee is also a geek and she owns her own Master Replicas light sabers and Storm Trooper helmet, as well as her custom replica Julie Newmar Catwoman costume (and I'm happy to say her figures similar enough to Julie that she can pull it off!)

Well....guess that's about it. Always happy to meet fellow like-minded collectors in my area!

- Paul

Hej Paul and welcome to the Multiverse!

This is kind of an odd (but nevertheless warm) welcome, since we don't know you, but you seem to know us already.

However, sounds like you already have an amazing collection and some really cool comics... and a fiancee that not only owns a Cat Woman costume but does seem to look good wearing it. Congratulation! :P

Welcome!

Thanks everyone! I was very happy to be able to finally contribute something. Yeah I'm familiar with many of you from reading your posts for so long. I'll gladly post some collection pics when I find that thread. Upon re-reading my post I hope I didn't come across as bragging. As I'm sure many of you know...amassing a great collection means going without many things that "normal" people take for granted. As for my fiancee looking good in a Catwoman costume..well...you have to bear with me. If you'd have seen my ex-wife you'd unstand my bragging. =)

- Paul

Welcome, and thanks for the pics and UPCs!! My future Moonstone thanks you. :)

Wow. I would kill for a geeker fiance who looks good in a cat costume. :lol: also, i am so jealous of the Power Battery; DC Direct?? I've trying to buy that for so long, but these little 2" pieces of plastic that resemble comic heroes and actors keep hiding my wallet.

So i just bought a new one. :lol:

Wow. I would kill for a geeker fiance who looks good in a cat costume. :lol: also, i am so jealous of the Power Battery; DC Direct?? I've trying to buy that for so long, but these little 2" pieces of plastic that resemble comic heroes and actors keep hiding my wallet.

Yeah DC Direct. I used to have every Transformer made from 84-87 and every Marvel Legend, and nearly all DC Direct figures. About 2 years ago I sold almost all of it. I paid off some bills...continued collecting mini's, and decided I'd rather go the high end prop and 1/6th figure route. Mini's handle the diversity of characters while the expensive stuff impresses the guests. I'm a victim of the economy tho and currently have a crap job at a grocery store so it's all I can do to keep up with Minis and the occasional 13 inch DC Direct figure. I was living in NH for about 6 years and had a very well paying gig at a hospital. When I decided to move home to PA..the job market hit the bottom and now I can't find a similar job. Oh well...as long as I can pay the rent and buy my plastic crack!

- Paul

Oh..also I have pretty good luck with mini's around here. I'll keep my eyes open for any more TRU exclusives and make them available to you kind folks if I find any. Anyone still need Union Jack and Wonder Man? I keep finding those.

- Paul

Yeah DC Direct. I used to have every Transformer made from 84-87 and every Marvel Legend, and nearly all DC Direct figures. About 2 years ago I sold almost all of it. I paid off some bills...continued collecting mini's, and decided I'd rather go the high end prop and 1/6th figure route. Mini's handle the diversity of characters while the expensive stuff impresses the guests. I'm a victim of the economy tho and currently have a crap job at a grocery store so it's all I can do to keep up with Minis and the occasional 13 inch DC Direct figure. I was living in NH for about 6 years and had a very well paying gig at a hospital. When I decided to move home to PA..the job market hit the bottom and now I can't find a similar job. Oh well...as long as I can pay the rent and buy my plastic crack!

I totally hear that. I mean, i'm 15. In Jersey, by Law, you can only be accepted for a job at 16 (1 month!!). My greatest means of getting minimate/comic book cash all year was not buying lunch at school and saving it all for Wednesday (and Momma STILL had to chip in every once in a while). It's summer now. That means no school. And NO MONEY. There go my Mini-funds.

Oh, and i've been wanting to get 13"ers for so long; DC Direct makes them beautifully. not as good as Hot Toys, might i add, in which i still need cash for Two-face and Mk II Iron Man, but pretty damn good. I really need Black Canary (if i could afford her series every month i would buy it, since i LOVE the character :(), Wonder Woman, and Hal, not to mention Nightwing and Brainiac. But that's a lot of cash, which i don't have. I also REALLY WANT that Green Lantern Emotional Ring display prop coming out, with the rings for each Corps, but once again: NO CASH.

Well well, a new guy.

You older members know what that means:

A T42 MOVIE CHALLENGE!

For your information, TL, I welcome new guys by giving them a movie quote for them to guess. Just a greeting from the resident Movie guy and Facebook's own Movie Doctor(though nobody joined the group :( Come on guys, you know you want to. It's basically Dear Abby with movies. Or you could just use my services on here. PM for more info, it's totally free!)

Anyway, here is your Movie Challenge:

"We have a good life here in Alaska nad we're never going back to America again! I have spoken!"

I totally hear that. I mean, i'm 15. In Jersey, by Law, you can only be accepted for a job at 16 (1 month!!). My greatest means of getting minimate/comic book cash all year was not buying lunch at school and saving it all for Wednesday (and Momma STILL had to chip in every once in a while). It's summer now. That means no school. And NO MONEY. There go my Mini-funds.

Oh, and i've been wanting to get 13"ers for so long; DC Direct makes them beautifully. not as good as Hot Toys, might i add, in which i still need cash for Two-face and Mk II Iron Man, but pretty damn good. I really need Black Canary (if i could afford her series every month i would buy it, since i LOVE the character :(), Wonder Woman, and Hal, not to mention Nightwing and Brainiac. But that's a lot of cash, which i don't have. I also REALLY WANT that Green Lantern Emotional Ring display prop coming out, with the rings for each Corps, but once again: NO CASH.

Hey Twisted...I hear ya. Believe me I was there. I was lucky enough growing up that my Mom was a bit of a closet sci-fi and superhero geek herself. My parents never had much spare cash, but back when comics were about 75 cents each , she made sure I got a few dollars a week to keep me in comics. When I was 14 I got a job working "under the table" so to speak at the local comic store. I'd get 4.00 and hour in cash or 5.50 in store credit. That and a store layaway plan got me a ton of vintage comics. This helped me aquire most early issues of Amazing Spiderman, the first 25 Daredevils, and first appearances of Batgirl, Mr. Freeze, and Posion Ivy.

Most of the expensive props and things came from selling off a large toy collection as I mentioned...as well as hunting ebay like it was a second job. I rarely pay full price for everything. The hardest lessons to learn from this method tho are: There are some things you just can't afford.....and secondly..patience is everything.

Once you get that part time job do a lot of searching online and you'll find those DC 13 inchers for waaaay under the comic store prices. Good luck!

- Paul

Well well, a new guy.

A T42 MOVIE CHALLENGE!

For your information, TL, I welcome new guys by giving them a movie quote for them to guess. Just a greeting from the resident Movie guy and Facebook's own Movie Doctor(though nobody joined the group :( Come on guys, you know you want to. It's basically Dear Abby with movies. Or you could just use my services on here. PM for more info, it's totally free!)

"We have a good life here in Alaska nad we're never going back to America again! I have spoken!"

lol Well Trekker I do believe that comes from the Simpsons movie!

- Paul

first appearances...Posion Ivy.

Oh. My. Gods. I soooo envy you right now. Pam is my all-time favorite DC Comics character, EVER. I would kill to have Batman #181!!

This brings back a sad memory too. I almost met her creator, a man who brought us many of the Bat-villain we adore today, Robert Kanigher, at NYCC this year. He was scheduled to be at a booth (i forget which) on the last day; Sunday. I was sooo excited to meet the man who gave me my second favorite comic-book-character ever. Turns out he went back to his hotel mere minutes before i got to the booth. :( I was very sad the rest of that day.

But you are so lucky, man. I would love to even see a Batman #181 in person, let alone OWN it!!

Well well, a new guy.

A T42 MOVIE CHALLENGE!

lol Well Trekker I do believe that comes from the Simpsons movie!

- Paul

Well done Toylord. Perhaps you can join the pantheon of Movie Lords.

Perhaps you can join the pantheon of Movie Lords.

how does one join this pantheon of movie lords?

It's a joke. Toylord/Movie Lord.... get it?

no I got it. I was being facetious :biggrin:

Edited by killcharlesdead

This is a bit off topic but when was T42 declared the "movie guy"? Can that position be challenged? If so I hereby challenge T42 for title of Mulitverse Movie Guy.

seconded. "it's a gentleman's challenge!"

we should have a quote tournament! :D

...welcome again, paul!

This is a bit off topic but when was T42 declared the "movie guy"? Can that position be challenged? If so I hereby challenge T42 for title of Mulitverse Movie Guy.

...welcome again, paul!

I'd be down for that. Oh and welcome Paul.

Edited by minimadman

...welcome again, paul!

I'd be down for that. Oh and welcome Paul.

Off-topic, I'd be happy to moderate this challenge. :lol: Bring on the Battle For The Title Of Multiverse Movie Guy (BFTTOMMG)!!!!

Oh, you Multiversers and your hijinks... :P