UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

MMC Reviews Discussion

Danny

I was thinking about this, as I expressed my incredulity to karamazov at the fact there was a TRU set that had 2 Tony's in it rather than making one of them Rhodey's War Machine.

I bet TRU can't put specialty variants into their sets. So DST's business strategy of key characters all the time has had an impact there.

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I may appear to be fanning the flames here but unusually I'm not trying to. I'm not particularly up to speed with War Machine's history although I am 'trying ' with the current comic which I must say is hard work. I haven't had the time recently to particularly enjoy my 'mates & it was only by chance that I opened the TRU set the other day & inspected War Machine for comparison in response to Sam's query. My point is ....."what a beautiful bugger" ,it really is cracking & I don't think I'd appreciated how much I'd liked it before. That prompted me to re-read this thread & the review in Central. My conclusions, for what they're worth , are that your review is spot on for just about everbody ...9 out of 10 'as a 'mate' & 5 out of 10 as your OWN 'purist' decision . Nobody loves Minimates more than I (as much perhaps but not more) but bloody hell there have been some munters produced......take the Scarlet Witch & Pio for example .....bloody awful renditions of great characters. That's MY opinion & I know from reading stuff on here that a lot here revere these two Minimates so I accept that we all can't be the same. Just keep doing the reviews & the debates will follow...agreeing & disagreeing.....but just keep 'em coming because I love 'em.

• 4 weeks later...

A lot of that comes down to how fast the reviewing team get them, bearing in mind we are fans who purchase the figures. The majority of the time MMC has been running we've had UK-based reviewers only so it's always been tough getting US store exclusives in a reasonable timescale for review.

Despite this I think generally we have put up boxsets and exclusives quicker than the standard waves simply because you get more sets to review in a wave which take a longer timeframe to review completely.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

If you check the picture on mmc the spider symbol doesn't extend around the back but the one on the Database does. In his review Danny said he didn't know if it was a cost cutting measure or a missed application I was just letting him know that it was a missed application or a dud as I called it.

How about BIB Spidey's hairpiece? That was one I didn't recognise either.

It was a lot easier in the old days when every male hairpiece was either a Juggernaut/Mr Fantastic reuse and every female hairpiece was a New X-Men Jean Grey reuse :D

Also, just as an aside, Minimates Central is six today!

Thanks to Rad and karamazov80 for their cracking reviews, and also Mini-Myte and Lobsterman who contributed.

I have to admit I never imagined I'd still be here reviewing 2" pieces of plastic after 6 years. Makes me feel so old.