UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

SDCC Logan/Wolverine

MiniFiend UK

Mighty Muggs maybe on their last breath but there will be an exclusive at this years SDCC. This one Looks like its based on movie Wolvie. The one thing i did notice about this figure is that if you look at the hand where the claws are there is a small shadow or slot. There has been a rumour that this Mugg will have retractable claws so it could be true if so it makes in my mind a bland figure a little better.

post-179-1245174148_thumb.jpg

If true, that's a pretty cool feature. I could see customizers making comic-accurate Wolvies using this as a base.

Shame that Mighty Muggs look to be on the way out. I think if more of them were like this one, and, y'know, actually DID something, they could have lasted longer.

It's not true. Those holes are for 100% accuracy to the film; they're CGI. :lol:

Not that much a Mugg collector anymore (have 3, but need to buy Jeanie and Scott sometime), so i'm not that interested. It's great-looking though for those that are; shame they didn't scuplt little hair-curls to the top 2 sides of his head. That'd have looked great.

Edited by Twisted Two-Face

Yeah, I saw that earlier, being the Mighty Muggs freak I am, I have to pick it up! :D

And the retractable claws just makes it easier to buy!

Even if there is a retractable claw gimmick, I'm not a fan of this choice as an exclusive. How dull. Even if they did feel compelled to do a "Logan" in order to establish a connection with the movie, they couldn't even give him a sculpted "Flock of Seagulls" hairdo? Last year's Iron Man exclusive was pretty great, this one is forgettable and an easy pass for those who aren't hardcore Muggs or Wolverine collectors, IMO.

Edited by karamazov80

I'm sorry to hear that Muggs may be in danger. I think they are a bit odd, but fans really like them. I'm not surprised by the choice of Logan for an exclusive. We are talking about Hasbro here...

Last year's Iron Man was super-cool. I think I still have one tucked away in the closet.

I think it's an incredibly bad choice for them to choose this and another Optimus Prime as their exclusives. No matter how cool they are, people would be more apt to buy newer characters if done right. I understand the movie tie-ins, but are these the best choices? I'd bet that a Deadpool would sell out quickly if they'd offer him instead and you could still say it's a Wolverine tie-in.

Edited by groundhog7s

I think rehashes with differences make for the best exclusives. If you buy Muggs, but aren't a diehard collector, would it really kill you if you didn't get retractable claws Wolverine? How about shiny Optimus Prime? Of course not.

Only the major collectors like me and DIB are considering these to be must-haves.

Now, let's say that they had done Deadpool as a limited show exclusive and he would never be available at retail. Can you even begin to imagine all the crying and the "How could Hasbro do this to us?" threads that would pop up? Everyone would be ready to storm Hasbro's HQ and murder their CEO.

If these were standard releases, I'd be somewhat disappointed. However, I feel that they are perfect as show exclusives. Now I better be able to get these or I'm going to kill someone!! :P

I see your point and normally I'd agree. I guess what I was thinking when I posted was that there is a drought of Mighty Muggs for months (with the exception of SW exclusives) and when we do get them they aren't even new characters. Hasbro just seems to have dropped all Muggs until TRU makes them exclusives and I'm not sure why.