UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Predictions for TRU BSG wave 3

Not sure if it is too early to start the ol' wish list. But somebody was going to eventually.

Here are my predictions for the Battlestar Galactica TRU exclusive wave 3:

Canceled after only two waves...... Just kiddin'.

It seems that TRU has a lot of love for DST and their Marvel/Trek/BSG lines with all the exclusives they have released. The 7" BSG figures are up to four waves already, which is a feat all its own. So it seems like a pretty good chance that this line will continue past the two waves and mini flyers we have on the way. I do stay true to my earlier rants that TRU will be the only way this line stays alive.

So, what are your predictions?

Mine:

Season 4 Baltar / Civil War Cylon (Red stripe)

New Caprica Tigh / Civil War Cylon (Red Stripe - different style then the one before)

Racetrack / Stealth Razor Cylon (Hey, if they can have a gold Cylon, they can have a stealth Razor)

President Lee Adama / Romo Lampkin (with cat carrier)

Roslin (Red dress from New Caprica) / Adama (Mustache/glasses)

That is what I think the next wave will be if we get one. What do the rest of you think?

Also, For more mini flyers, I would love a Mark II and the Blackbird.

I really can't imagine what more original ground BSG can tread in future waves, though I probably wouldn't mind getting a Miniseries Six (the red-suit-and-boots look) and some sort of Raptor miniflyer.

Can someone remind me who always flew with Racetrack? He'd make a cool Minimate. Otherwise, I'm not sure if there's more new characters (other than Romo) that could be made that people would recognize.

Well, Racetrack was Athena's ECO (after Crashdown) and then a Raptor pilot with "Skulls" as her ECO.

I haven't really given much thought to beyond the stuff that's been miraculously re-solicited. I will say that I'm quite surprised that out of all of the Centurians that we're getting (some of which didn't even exist!) that there wasn't a "Red-Stripe" as they were quite important and an easy variant. There's lots of variations that could still be done for the main cast (if they're going for recognition. I think they've milked most of them enough, though.), but in the unfathomable event there is more I'd prefer to see some new characters as it would more than likely the last waves ever produced so they might as well go for broke. Besides N.C. Tigh, Romo, Natalie, Baltar (priest), and Pres. Lee Adama that were to be produced (I could honestly pass on all except maybe Romo Lampkin):

Colonial Marine/ Red-Stripe Cylon (army-builder)

"Jammer"(yellow jump-suit)/ Seelix "Hardball"

"Racetrack"/ "Crashdown" or "Skulls"

Billy Keikeya/ Priestess Elosha

That about covers anybody of relevance, but I'd really like to see a Hybrid (with 'tub' if possible)!

Hell, if we're dreaming then give me a Viper MkII (which should have been done over the seldom seen MkVII...because they were destroyed early!) and Classic Viper and Raider. While I'd love a Raptor, I'm just not sure how it would be accomplished unless they were to go an entirely different route from the super-deformed format that they've already established. But feel free to try DST, I can guarantee at least four would sell! :biggrin:

Edited by cdubya

Besides N.C. Tigh, Romo, Natalie, Baltar (priest), and Pres. Lee Adama that were to be produced (I could honestly pass on all except maybe Romo Lampkin):

Colonial Marine/ Red-Stripe Cylon (army-builder)

"Jammer"(yellow jump-suit)/ Seelix "Hardball"

"Racetrack"/ "Crashdown" or "Skulls"

Billy Keikeya/ Priestess Elosha

That about covers anybody of relevance, but I'd really like to see a Hybrid (with 'tub' if possible)!

Hell, if we're dreaming then give me a Viper MkII (which should have been done over the seldom seen MkVII...because they were destroyed early!) and Classic Viper and Raider. While I'd love a Raptor, I'm just not sure how it would be accomplished unless they were to go an entirely different route from the super-deformed format that they've already established. But feel free to try DST, I can guarantee at least four would sell! :biggrin:

I'm on board for everything mentioned here, minus the classic stuff. Add a Season 4 Gaeta.

Every ship needs a mutineering peg-leg.

I think a Raptor and a Heavy Raider could work, but they'd have to be big enough. I actually think the Raptor desgin would lend itself quite well to the super-deformed look. If flyers are happening, the MkII is a must.

... the more I think about it, the more I would love a New Caprica Tigh/ Mustache Adama two pack.

Okay - I'll play...

I'm thinking:

Peg-Leg Gaeta w/ Modern Red-Stripe Cylon

Prophet Baltar w/ Red Dress & Boots Six or Natalie

Racetrack w/ President Lee Adama

Lampkin w/ Razor-style, red-stripe cylon

Battle damaged Razor Cylonw/ Colonial Marine

From how TRU waves 1 & 2 are presented, it seems that DST corrected one of the original issues that (IMO) caused the last waves to sell slow and cancel the original concepts for waves 5, 6 & New Caprica - you gotta have at lease 1 cylon or principal character in each pack (bold face). Packs that are all Seelix, Racetrack and obscure, background characters are likely to die on the table ala wave 5 & 6. (Anyone notice how many cylon variants appeared in the new TRU waves, compared to Waves 3-6)

I'd be on board for a MK II Viper and Raptor - I'm not to excited about the design of the Raiders (becasue they didn't actually have canopies or cylons inside)

Edited by captain_cbecker

Well i'm toally on board for this ride until we find Earth...er...no more Minimates to make. My dream wave 3??

Colonial Marine/Red Stripe Cylon

Colonial Marine Caprica Six/Colonial Marine Baltar

Moustached William Adama/Red Dress Roslin

New Caprican Saul Tigh/Black Dress Ellen Tigh

Razor Helena Cain/Razor Colonel Fisk

Why?? Well, we never got the incredible Marines or the rebel Cylons, and i like that proposed idea of the double army-builder pack (thanks, cdubya!!). For Six and Baltar, it's based off a key scene, Baltar needs a new update, and just seeing them in Marine gear should be reason enough :lol:. I loved that Adama/Roslin pack idea, and she needs an update, so yeah. For Saul and Ellen, i loved that we were getting that Saul, so he needs to get released, and i loved Ellen in this dress and in that episode. Maybe she could have a distraut face from...that...scene?? For the last pack, well it's sort of a pet hope of mine. Helena is my second favorite BSG character because she's such a hardass, we never got her XO who could also have a slightly "bigger" officer's uniform piece for girth and variation, Razor was a great movie, and it would finish out the entire main cast of those we'd need from the movie. I really hope we get this one.

As for the vehicles, i'd go with:

Raptor w/ Crashdown

Mk II w/ Lee Adama

I feel that Crashdown was important enough when he was there, and Lee could be a Season 1-2 update.

Edited by Twisted Two-Face

I'd be on board for a MK II Viper and Raptor - I'm not to excited about the design of the Raiders (becasue they didn't actually have canopies or cylons inside)

The first thing I plan to do when I get these Raiders is to paint that clear canopy! As for the "pilot", I'm all for a bonus army-builder. I just wish they'd have gone with something that I'd want multiples of instead of this (while cool looking) imaginary "gold" Cylon. I suppose they could act as 'expanded-story' elite guards for someone like

Ellen

just as I plan on using two (imaginary) "Stealth Cylons" as Cavil's body-guards. Though I'm not sure why they'd protect him after

he threatened to lobotomize the Raiders

! :D

I'd like to see a couple more pilots, in the new uniform design, I have about 15 regular pilots. I want Seelix, Racetrack and Skulls. I would also like some more deckhands in either orange or yellow. I am watching the whole of the final season tomorrow so I'm sure I'll have more characters and cylons that I want. Mk IIs are a serious must have!

Yeah, on DVD. I was saving it until my exams were over, and now they are so a friend and I will be watching it tomorrow. :)

I also think Colonial Marines are a must! I can't believe we haven't got them already. I also want an updated Helo, perhaps in officer unifor, because I think the head and hair looks nothing like him, I actually use that head for Hotdog with a Peter Parker emo hairpiece.

So I watched the final season of BSG over 2 days this week. My first thoughts. WOW!

It was brilliant, although the first two episodes were a lil slow, the mutiny episodes were fantastic though, and the 3 part finale was just simply amazing. Cylon on Cylon battles are just awesome! I like how they wrapped up the loose ends seperately at the end, although I didn't like Starbuck's ending. It was sad to see Galactica break her back and have to see her fly into the sun.

:( Also Dee's suicide threw me too, but over all it was awesome.

As has been said by others Red Stripe Cylons are a must as well as Colonial Marines. I wanna get some more Razor Cylons too though now.

So I watched the final season of BSG over 2 days this week. My first thoughts. WOW!

It was brilliant, although the first two episodes were a lil slow, the mutiny episodes were fantastic though, and the 3 part finale was just simply amazing. Cylon on Cylon battles are just awesome! I like how they wrapped up the loose ends seperately at the end, although I didn't like Starbuck's ending. It was sad to see Galactica break her back and have to see her fly into the sun.

As has been said by others Red Stripe Cylons are a must as well as Colonial Marines. I wanna get some more Razor Cylons too though now.

Sooo jealous, it was quite the mind-f wasn't it? I get so elated reading people's responses to this series, which seldom happens with other shows/films for me. While I've seen the televised broadcast, we've yet to get anything beyond season 4.0 on DVD in the States so the wait to review this is driving me crazy.

Have you all had a chance to check-out the Caprica mini-movie yet, or is it still not available in the UK? While it is quite different from BSG, it ties-in nicely with the series. Perhaps it would be best to wait since the actual series doesn't begin until 2010 and I'm already craving more!

I can't wait for "The Plan" coming this Fall. B)

I wonder if DST has anything up their sleeves regarding these 2 spin-offs?

Edited by cdubya

Sooo jealous, it was quite the mind-f wasn't it? I get so elated reading people's responses to this series, which seldom happens with other shows/films for me. While I've seen the televised broadcast, we've yet to get anything beyond season 4.0 on DVD in the States so the wait to review this is driving me crazy.

Have you all had a chance to check-out the Caprica mini-movie yet, or is it still not available in the UK? While it is quite different from BSG, it ties-in nicely with the series. Perhaps it would be best to wait since the actual series doesn't begin until 2010 and I'm already craving more!

I can't wait for "The Plan" coming this Fall. B)

I wonder if DST has anything up their sleeves regarding these 2 spin-offs?

Gods, i know, right?! I really just want my Complete Series boxset from DST to come out already; i'm tired of spending iTunes money on $1.99 episodes when there are so many more things i have to buy (i'm looking at you D'anna and Lee 2-pack. YOU WILL BE MINE). And i need my first 6" Centurion that isn't Stealth-ified. B)

But Season 4, oh man, where do i begin?! I'm mad at myself for going right into 4 after just barely finishing Season 1 (again, damn you iTunes), but it was so worth every hour. Such a great Season as wrap-up for the whole series. I just feel like the ending was too rushed. I mean,

old-Earth, the Final Five's memories, how the Five came to be the Five, the other side of the Cylon Civil War,

so many things weren't explored that could have extended the show to another season with a few 2-parters here and there. Don't get me wrong; it was insanely beautiful, and the 3-parter ending was enough to jerk a few tears ( i did ;)), but there was so much left untouched

coughcoughStarkuckcough

. ;)

But Season 4, oh man, where do i begin?! I'm mad at myself for going right into 4 after just barely finishing Season 1 (again, damn you iTunes), but it was so worth every hour. Such a great Season as wrap-up for the whole series. I just feel like the ending was too rushed. I mean,

old-Earth, the Final Five's memories, how the Five came to be the Five, the other side of the Cylon Civil War,

so many things weren't explored that could have extended the show to another season with a few 2-parters here and there. Don't get me wrong; it was insanely beautiful, and the 3-parter ending was enough to jerk a few tears ( i did ;)), but there was so much left untouched

coughcoughStarkuckcough

. ;)

Oh man, so you haven't seen seasons 2-3? I guess there's still a few surprises left for you then, though it was confusing enough watching all in sequence. I can't imagine what I'd think of season 4 without a bit of previous knowledge! Not that there's any similarities, but it'd be kind'a like watching Star Wars and then Return of the Jedi without ever seeing Empire Strikes Back (without chapter synopsis either)...whoa! :blink:

Perhaps some of your questions will be answered (bits and pieces through dialog) after you see it all complete, though

much of it was left a bit vague which could lead to expansion in the future through fan-fiction or other. I suspect "The Plan" will address some and I noticed while watching "Caprica" that I was beginning to pick-up bits that semi-answered a few questions I had about BSG. It's one fantastically crafted puzzle that bounces around quite a bit and requires going back for hints that come through things people said or how they reacted...pretty complicated. Many were disappointed with

Starbuck's ending, but I think it was intentionally done to continue her air of mystery by giving her a metaphorical departure that can be interpreted in many ways. She almost becomes more of a symbol rather than an actual person.

Perhaps we'll have a definite answer someday, but I kind of like having it 'open'; it allows for the series to continue in my imagination long after it's end. ;)

Well, to be fair, i'm on "Resistance," but i just can't seem to muster time to finish the episode. There's just something about Tigh as

Admiral

that i can't stand. Good time to be Ellen, though. :lol:

I also saw the

Baltar trial episodes

, and i watched the "Catch the Frak Up" special, so i basically know everything that'll happen.

I am in hopes that series one and two of the BSG waves sell well. If they do, maybe there will be some brand new sculpts for wave three. Like Helo in a marines outfit. Remember that waves one and two are just parts reuse and sculpts from a canceled series with nothing new added. Which makes sense from a business perspective to not put more man hours into a line.

And cdubya, funny story. My first Star Wars was ROTJ, and yeah it is a little strange knowing the ending to a story and going back to watch the beginning for the first time.

Pickle, that was my exact thought going into my suggestion/prediction; for instance, if the did decide to take up my proposed Cain/Fisk (yea, that'll happen :(), hwat i would do is give them both new officer's uniform sculpts. Cain would get a more feminine figure, while Fisk a heftier one. Cain could also get the new Athena chest underneath her uniform with extra arms, too.

However, not eveything we predicted would need a new sculpt. I still use mine as examples: Bill Adama w/ 'stache uses the same old officer's uniform, while Roslin could use Formal Sand Saref's dresspiece. Ellen could use BttF Lorraine's dresspiece, while Tigh is just a release of the planned/cancelled minimate. For Six, i see T2 BD/SWAT Sarah's vestpiece and a rifle, with Baltar with the same vest and rifle but with a SHIELD Soldier helmet. The Marines could take the same rifle and helmet, but with Emil Blonksy's chestpiece. The Cylon, well that's kinda obvious.

So DST could go ahead and scuplt all-new pieces, but they also have certain ones that would work fine as they are.

I'm hoping for a classic looking Viper mini-flyer with Starbuck

God, i feel like i'm posting a lot today...

Ya see, i'd LOVE a Mk II jus tas muc has the next die-hard. But the issue i see is with Starbuck. Since any future mini-fliers are likely to only end up at TRU (or as PX), i wouldn't go for Starbuck again. I mean, it'd be her third in, technically, 3 waves, and probably wouldn't be a wise marketing stradegy at a big retailer like that. I can kinda picture it playing out like this: "Mommy, look!! New "BSG" spaceship!! Oh...it's the blonde girl again; i already have her." Sure, us fans will buy her, hell, MULTIPLES of her, but for the VIPER. Normal buyers aren't usually army-builder spacecraft at 14.99 a pop. I'd think a better choice would be a really worthwhile Lee variant or an entirely new character like "Joker" or "Hardball." Preferably "Joker" so my Cylon-War Adama has a Viper too. ;)

I'm hoping for a classic looking Viper mini-flyer with Starbuck

God, i feel like i'm posting a lot today...

Ya see, i'd LOVE a Mk II jus tas muc has the next die-hard. But the issue i see is with Starbuck. Since any future mini-fliers are likely to only end up at TRU (or as PX), i wouldn't go for Starbuck again. I mean, it'd be her third in, technically, 3 waves, and probably wouldn't be a wise marketing stradegy at a big retailer like that. I can kinda picture it playing out like this: "Mommy, look!! New "BSG" spaceship!! Oh...it's the blonde girl again; i already have her." Sure, us fans will buy her, hell, MULTIPLES of her, but for the VIPER. Normal buyers aren't usually army-builder spacecraft at 14.99 a pop. I'd think a better choice would be a really worthwhile Lee variant or an entirely new character like "Joker" or "Hardball." Preferably "Joker" so my Cylon-War Adama has a Viper too. ;)

Honestly, I don't see any child asking/buying these as they've more than likely never seen the show or even heard of it. Any sales will probably come from those that already collect the line or the casual BSG fan that has never seen Minimates before and finds them neat. Sell-through will be heavily reliant on multiple purchases (no problem for me other than the price-tag, though I'd much rather army-build Mk IIs...as would most fans). As far as Mk IIs, it will be crucial that these first releases do well enough to justify production costs. The most prolific pilots would obviously be either Apollo or Starbuck, but this didn't stop DST from including Hotdog with Series 1 (I'm fine with that as I can use the bodies to 'dress' other Colonials). For those new to BSG Minimates, it might actually serve to sell a few Apollo/D'Anna 2-packs as most would find it necessary to have a flight-suit pilot in the cockpit. Bottom-line, I don't think it really matters at this point who they include so long as collectors get the Viper. I know I for one would buy a heck of a lot more Mk IIs than Mk VIIs as they also serve as Razor flash-back (Cylon Wars) Vipers. It might even provoke me to pick-up some extra Razor box sets to customize some more pilots. In fact, the more I think about it, it might be clever to market (Series 2...provided we are so lucky!) a Mk II Viper with "Razor/Cylon War" as the theme (print it on the box and pack-in "Husker" or a new pilot). After all, they'd need (if a TRU or PX exclusive) another Raider to complement the cases...why not a "Guardian" Raider? Makes perfect sense to me! B)

Edited by cdubya