UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Beverly Hills Cop!!!

I just asked about these at a comic shop and the guy said they're shipping next week, so I pre-ordered it then and there...

Who knows, right?

These were on DST's "TBD" list in the last shipping update (end of Oct) - I think the release date for next week goes back before the line got put on hold. Not sure that I bank too heavily on seeing these next week

or at all

moc847

O, yea of little faith, behold!

http://diamondselecttoys.com/store.asp?p=c...ategoryID%3D381

Or maybe they just haven't updated it yet...

pffft noob

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just asked about these at a comic shop and the guy said they're shipping next week, so I pre-ordered it then and there...

Who knows, right?

These were on DST's "TBD" list in the last shipping update (end of Oct) - I think the release date for next week goes back before the line got put on hold. Not sure that I bank too heavily on seeing these next week

or at all

moc847

O, yea of little faith, behold!

http://diamondselecttoys.com/store.asp?p=c...ategoryID%3D381

Or maybe they just haven't updated it yet...

pffft noob

Noob? Seriously? :(

DST Q&A 63 Put the nail in the coffin:

Beverly Hills Cop is on hold with no release date planned.

http://www.artasylum.com/blog/2009/11/askd...imates-edition/

Sigh... I'm gonna let the pre-order stand, the more demand for the item, the more likely it is they'll sell it to us, right?

you can always cross your fingers....but normally hold = dead.

i guess the BSG could be used as an example of back from the dead...but normally hold spells the end of the line

Unfortunately, when these things get put on hold, circular logic tends to kick in and they die an agonizing death. DST puts this item out for preorder and either people aren't overly interested or they are cautious because they think other people won't jump on it. Whatever the case, DST announces that the item is now on hold. If more people put in preorders, then DST can release it with confidence, but since its on hold, people start canceling preorders or choose not to put in a preorder so as to avoid the inevitable disappointment. Whatever the case, orders are holding steady or dropping, so the set is discarded, license dropped, and we move on with no new Minimates.

• 3 months later...

Just got my cancellation notice of these from BBTS. I also got a cancellation notice of the Godfather minimates. I suppose we all new it was coming, but I still was hoping we would get to see these. :confused: