UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Beverly Hills Cop!!!

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm quite happy with these, though I would've preferred a Golden Child Set featuring Chandler Jerrell, Kee Nang, The Golden Child, Sardo Numspa with parts to turn him into the demon or one of his goons :P

Bring on more 80's Moviemates!!!

One of them has a passing resemblance to Mulder as well .

you can team him up with Clarice Starling from the SotL set (everyone said she looked like Scully) and unhelmeted/battled damaged T-1000 head on a suit (who bares such a strong resemblance to Agent Dogget, are they brothers or something?) and have an X-Files set.

So is there a following of 'Beverly Hills Cops' fans like there are Madonna fans? I guess this is probably one of the few non-animated Eddie Murphy figures so that's a plus... I guess what I want to say is "I know who this set is for (BHC/Eddie Murphy fans who until now have not gotten toys but want them) but I don't know if they actually exist"

I'm sorry, but these look like they could just be just another 24 boxed set, and we all know how well they sold. I haven't seen the movie and maybe its more iconic and popular than I give it credit for, but this rasies zero excitement in me.

I'm sorry, but these look like they could just be just another 24 boxed set, and we all know how well they sold. I haven't seen the movie and maybe its more iconic and popular than I give it credit for, but this rasies zero excitement in me.

The first 24 boxset sold right through, and is now fairly scarce.

I think the key is the novelty of "toys for classic movies." I will grant you, some of these franchises seem like odd fits for toys (Silence of the Lambs?...) but BHC was reasonably action-ey.

I kind of wonder if DST is "chumming" with some of these licenses: like they're only half-serious about producing them, but want to see what gets preorders and get to stir up some buzz about Minimates either way. The prototypes are cheap to produce (much more so than traditional figure protos), and if they have blanket licenses for entire movie studio libraries, why not take a swing?

• 4 weeks later...

One one hand, these are mostly guys in suits, on the other it's Beverly Hills Cop. So yes, I'll be buying. :)

However, one thing that sort of bothers me (and I noticed this with the Godfather figures) is having the collar and tie seperately sculpted rather than a tampo. I don't know if I'm alone in this, but I think it makes the figures look too bulky. Though it's odd they would do that with Taggart and not Victor and Judge Reinhold.

One one hand, these are mostly guys in suits, on the other it's Beverly Hills Cop. So yes, I'll be buying. :)

However, one thing that sort of bothers me (and I noticed this with the Godfather figures) is having the collar and tie seperately sculpted rather than a tampo. I don't know if I'm alone in this, but I think it makes the figures look too bulky. Though it's odd they would do that with Taggart and not Victor and Judge Reinhold.

I kind of like the ones on The Spirit (especially with the clever rolled-cuff pieces), but it does look rather odd to have a mix of the two styles in one pack.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Unfortunately, that isn't a great surprise. I would love to have an Eddie Murphy Minimate, but from a business standpoint, I don't know. Maybe if they could get these into FYE stores or something they could sell, but even then. . .just too "boring looking." An unforgivable crime for a Minimate.

You know what wouldn't be boring-looking? Colonial Marines. . .

Edited by karamazov80

• 2 months later...
I just asked about these at a comic shop and the guy said they're shipping next week, so I pre-ordered it then and there...

Who knows, right?

These were on DST's "TBD" list in the last shipping update (end of Oct) - I think the release date for next week goes back before the line got put on hold. Not sure that I bank too heavily on seeing these next week

I just asked about these at a comic shop and the guy said they're shipping next week, so I pre-ordered it then and there...

Who knows, right?

These were on DST's "TBD" list in the last shipping update (end of Oct) - I think the release date for next week goes back before the line got put on hold. Not sure that I bank too heavily on seeing these next week

or at all

moc847

Who knows, right?

or at all

moc847

O, yea of little faith, behold!

http://diamondselecttoys.com/store.asp?p=c...ategoryID%3D381

Or maybe they just haven't updated it yet...