UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Previews Exclusive "Scar" and B.Damaged MkVII Viper Mini-Fliers!

They're sweet but I have never seen any 360 on a marketing decision like this before.

Um, don't you mean a 180? Doing a 360 on them would mean they cancel them...again. Are you trying to predict something?

Now I'm curious as to what the Previews exclusive Starbuck would look like. Judging from the pic it looks like she's wearing some kind of pilot uniform different from those in wave 1. Did the pilot uniforms change sometime during seasons 2-4 or is this some weird prototype? Also, I wonder what Starbuck's face looks like under that helmet and what hair she'll get.

Maybe it's going to be

a burned up corpse

Starbuck.

If I were to do so, I would use Paypal, and not a credit card. I would also make sure to get my money refunded from Paypal if the item didn't ship in 45 days.

I totally agree with that advice. I have emailed CSC regarding the credit card situation & the scepticism it has invoked amongst members here regarding the safety of their site. My last reply inferred that some assurances would be forthcoming about their insistence that their site is safe. anyone seen anything?

Use paypal only :yes:

They're sweet but I have never seen any 360 on a marketing decision like this before.

Um, don't you mean a 180? Doing a 360 on them would mean they cancel them...again. Are you trying to predict something?

Now I'm curious as to what the Previews exclusive Starbuck would look like. Judging from the pic it looks like she's wearing some kind of pilot uniform different from those in wave 1. Did the pilot uniforms change sometime during seasons 2-4 or is this some weird prototype? Also, I wonder what Starbuck's face looks like under that helmet and what hair she'll get.

Maybe it's going to be

a burned up corpse

Starbuck.

Actually, they were coming-out, then cancelled (180), and now there coming-out again (360). I don't think the few us stoked about these could handle another disappointment like the first cancellation.

No, all the jump-suits were the same, but then again there were never any "gold" Centurians either (except for Guardian Commanders), so a non-canon variation wouldn't be out of the question. I think at best we might possibly get a new expression, but I expect just a re-release of the original. While a

dead Kara

would be pretty cool,

she was flying a Mk II

. Again, as HotDog never flew a Viper in 'dress', it doesn't appear that DST is really going for accuracy as much as they're just trying to get this stuff out...so who knows.

If I were to do so, I would use Paypal, and not a credit card. I would also make sure to get my money refunded from Paypal if the item didn't ship in 45 days.

There's been security issues on their web-site? Great, I just placed a credit card order yesterday...I hope there's no problem. :ermm:

From what little I can see of the pilot in Kara's viper, it looks like she has bare arms. Maybe we will be getting the new Caprica box set version of her. That would be cool. IMO.

From what little I can see of the pilot in Kara's viper, it looks like she has bare arms. Maybe we will be getting the new Caprica box set version of her. That would be cool. IMO.

That would be awesome. I really wanted the New Caprica box set. My fav story line in the whole series.

Nobody seems to mind that that there are Cylon pilots in the Raiders?

I do. I'd sooner see a more realistically proportioned (yet still adorably deformed) flyer with a hatch for Starbuck to pilot it and a Cylon army builder as a pack in that this abomination. I just can't get stoked about the Raiders when they look like this. The Vipers are fine though I wish the canopies hinged the right way.

Nobody seems to mind that that there are Cylon pilots in the Raiders?

I do. I'd sooner see a more realistically proportioned (yet still adorably deformed) flyer with a hatch for Starbuck to pilot it and a Cylon army builder as a pack in that this abomination. I just can't get stoked about the Raiders when they look like this. The Vipers are fine though I wish the canopies hinged the right way.

I'm not overly bothered about there being cylons as pilots. I have tons of Cylons as is but would welcome a couple more. And about the hinge, there is no 'right way' as viper cockpits slide open, not hinge anyway.

I can actually imagine a feasible way for the canopies to slide open at that scale, I guess DST either didn't have the time/resources or just didn't feel the need to engineer them that way seeing as they're still being cautious about bringing BSG minimates back in the first place.

I can actually imagine a feasible way for the canopies to slide open at that scale, I guess DST either didn't have the time/resources or just didn't feel the need to engineer them that way seeing as they're still being cautious about bringing BSG minimates back in the first place.

:lol: .....DST cautious ? I reckon it is they that have become unhinged!

:lol: .....DST cautious ? I reckon it is they that have become unhinged!

Haha i get it. Hilarious. ;)

Still coming along nicely?? :P

I don't mind the Raiders being piloted at all. Since i've become a die-hard fan of the show i figure that it should bother me, but it doesn't. Hell, i plan on buying multiples and painting a few cockpits grey anyway, so whatever. It sells and appeals to the mass market, and gives us army-builders, so i can live with it. Love the fact that we're getting them at all, actually.

Besides; Kara's goin in one of 'em anyway. :lol:

I think cost is a big factor - some considerations may include:

minimum number of parts

design that's easy to execute at the factory level

design that doesn't take a lot of fitting, fine tuning or assembly

Guest gloryforixseal

I think this will be a good movie but I hope they dont leave out as much as they did in the last movie. Plus, this will be the last movie for most of the main actors, who are getting too old and dont really want to do it anymore. But, the Order of the Phoenix looks promising anyway.

I think this will be a good movie but I hope they dont leave out as much as they did in the last movie. Plus, this will be the last movie for most of the main actors, who are getting too old and dont really want to do it anymore. But, the Order of the Phoenix looks promising anyway.

WHAT?

WHAT?

I'll match that and raise you a WHAT?!

Did that even remotely sound BSG, Minimate, or this forum related?!?!?! Do we even have a Harry Potter thread?!?! :blink:

Not sure if it has been mentioned. But these are going to be in the July Previews for sure. Just saw them on the July order form.

Welcome to the forum gloryforixseal. Looks like your post is in the wrong section. Glad to see another Canadian though.

WHAT?

I'm not even sure how we got from BSG to Harry Potter...

perhaps someone should put away the model glue before posting <_<

WHAT?

wait so are they making harrypotter minimates

WHAT?

No more glue for you either.

WHAT?

No more glue for you either.

But then how will he make the minimates?