UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Previews Exclusive "Scar" and B.Damaged MkVII Viper Mini-Fliers!

Just came across this pre-order at Cornerstore Comics. Looks like Previews has their own BSG Mini-Flier exclusives coming-up! One is the Cylon Raider "Scar" (with exclusive pilot) and the other is a battle-damaged Viper with what appears to be Starbuck (check-out the 'lil nameplate on the side). *link removed*

I wonder what other surprises DST has for us? B)

*edit* O.K. link doesn't work. You'll just have to go there and look under Minimates Battlestar Galactica or just Battlestar Galactica products. They have a set of two for $23.99.

Edited by cdubya

I'm surprised to see these I would have thought that TRU would have bolted down some sort of contract that the new BSG is theirs alone. If other retailers are getting BSG items there maybe other figures to go along with these flyers not just the TRU exclusive 2 packs. I wonder if these BD flyers will have different pilots then the TRU ones.

Nobody seems to mind that that there are Cylon pilots in the Raiders?

Nope, I consider it a troop-builder: you get a Raider and a ground troop. I have no intention of actually putting the "pilot" (as there are no pilots) in the Raider.

I'm surprised to see these I would have thought that TRU would have bolted down some sort of contract that the new BSG is theirs alone. If other retailers are getting BSG items there maybe other figures to go along with these flyers not just the TRU exclusive 2 packs. I wonder if these BD flyers will have different pilots then the TRU ones.

I hope so! Yes, the pilots are exclusive as well. I can't tell what exactly comes with "Scar" (except that it's a Centurian of some sort), but the Viper most definitely comes with Starbuck (you can see her name printed clearly on the nameplate of the Viper).

Not gonna complain about getting a ground troop to go along with the Raider. Besides, there is a scene where

Starbuck crawls inside a Raider and flies it back to the fleet.

Wow, great stuff. More to look forward too. I wonder why it took so long for these to finally get released.

Does anyone else think that these may go the way of New Caprica and wave 5 and 6? Not enough preorders will see them get canceled?

this is more great news for BSG fans! I think they look cool, but I am also in the minority that enjoyed the Speed Racer cars on the same level as the mini-Batmobile and mini-flyers in C3....great little toy vehicles for the toys to cruise around in.....they look like they are supposed to even if the scale is off......the playability will be great!! I will buy these even if I don't collect BSG mates anymore!

Jeff of the Miniacs

Oh my.

Now I'm REALLY hoping the BSG line does extra-well... if these bad boys went "on hold" again then I might just crawl into a corner and die.

[/hyperbole]

Seriously though, I am touched by all the extra effort DST seems to have poured into a line we all thought was "deader than a doorknob" for a while. Ordering logistics aside, if I was ever nearby a store brimming with these and loaded with cash (both atrociously uncommon nowadays <_<) I would've snapped these up right away. Oh, the crossover potential...

Still surprised they still haven't released the Mark II though.

Well this is a nice surprise. Haven't gotten to the episdoe "Scar" yet, but i know who "he" is and what happens, so i can't wait to get that one, and anything that has BD and Starbuck in the same product name can only mean one thing. :lol: Faces printed on both sides perhaps?? :P

And my wallet just hung himself. Poor guy.

Even I am beginning to get nervous about whether all this stuff will sell? They're sweet but I have never seen any 360 on a marketing decision like this before. Sorry ,nearly de-railed this!

Et tu, BM? No, I know what you're saying; a bit too-good-to-be-true. I have faith in the number of BSG fans, I just fear that they are more inclined to collect more realistic representations than Minimates...hope I'm wrong. If the production numbers are kept small I think these will be fine.

...I just fear that they are more inclined to collect more realistic representations than Minimates...

I don't know. I think the minimates are a more realistic representation than anything else offered for BSG. The mates at least resemble the characters rather than apes in costume.

As fun as these are, it would be nice to see the Mk2 viper rather than the Mk7. (Thanks to the deformed natue of these, the classic viper should work just fine.)

...And I like the Cylons that come with the Raiders. Hoorah, army building.

Edited by Turtle

Now I'm curious as to what the Previews exclusive Starbuck would look like. Judging from the pic it looks like she's wearing some kind of pilot uniform different from those in wave 1. Did the pilot uniforms change sometime during seasons 2-4 or is this some weird prototype? Also, I wonder what Starbuck's face looks like under that helmet and what hair she'll get.

Hypothetical question: How would a Raptor work in the "super-deformed Minimate-compatible" style?

Edited by NorthRaider

It is a travesty of the truth & should be abhorred!

You have convinced me. One more thing for me to complain about re: BSG 'Mates

*grumble grumble*

I also was thinking that these almost sort-a, kind-a resemble quinjets:

post-1827-1245014407_thumb.jpg

Edited by karamazov80