UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

infinity gauntlet set

undeadpool

But i'm waiting for another e-tailer to offer pre-sales besides CSC, given their less than stellar record lately with credit card sales.

What happened with CSC's credit card sales?

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think part of the reason they added fingers to the gauntlet is on the original thanos they had them as they normally would, and they just looked horrible.

Really? I thought his little Gauntlets were cute. I have a little beef with these new gauntlets because they aren't consistent with MiniMate lore. So far, characters with digits usually have 3 fingers and a thumb, eg: Carnage, Venom, Lady Deathstrike, etc . . . In fact, the trend was continued when Characters like the Thing, who in the comics features 1 less digit (3 fingers & a thumb) were sculpted to have only 2 fingers and a thumb as MiniMates.

So - If we do get sculpted digits on the new Thanos - i hope they revise his Gauntlets to feature 3 fingers instead of 4.

PS: Rant aside, i freaking LOVE this set. It's going to give us some awesome new characters & the preview image is so brightly coloured that it hurts my eyes! This set is full of all kinds of Awesome!

not to punch a hole in it but Nightcrawler was done with the proper number of digits, hands and feet.......my view on this is that the Gauntlet has a certain look to it and the number of gems is important so I think it'll stay that way in the set

Jeff of the Miniacs

So - If we do get sculpted digits on the new Thanos - i hope they revise his Gauntlets to feature 3 fingers instead of 4.

Though old I learn quickly by reading the thread. Thanos has a gauntlet with 6 gems which are apparently not to be messed with . He has one gem on each finger & one in the palm(?). The set is called 'The infinity Gauntlet' set & is so named because (I'll help you with this...) of the...gauntlet. The whole point of the set is the gauntlet & I reckon they thought that it would be clever to emphasise....the gauntlets & their fingers .

Did you notice the Skrulls in the Secret Invasion set?? :P

Yeah, i know how the gauntlet looks in the comics - but these are MiniMates & i'd prefer some continuity here. That's why i thought the original glove worked well. It featured the 6 jewels on it, but still upheld the design ideals of MiniMates:

http://www.minimatedatabase.com/figure.php?i=122

not to punch a hole in it but Nightcrawler was done with the proper number of digits, hands and feet.......my view on this is that the Gauntlet has a certain look to it and the number of gems is important so I think it'll stay that way in the set

Jeff of the Miniacs

Yeah - you're right. I guess Nightcrawler would have looked pretty silly with only 1 finger & thumb on each hand.

So - my theory isn't totally water tight & in the end , it looks like it comes down to personal preference.

My Preference would be for something that blends the Jewelled Gauntlet from the comics with the feel of the MiniMates design theme.

But that's just MY preference. Don't get me started on MiniMates with noses! LOL

Edited by Nessex

What happened with CSC's credit card sales?

They've had their system hacked before and, even though they claim not to keep credit card numbers on file, several people here had their credit card info stolen. That's the short version of it. I will say that using paypal seems safe with them, but being pre-orders you'd be paying up-front for them.

these is an awsome set(i know i said this already) but bravo dst

this also gives me hope for more random boxsets in the future(like so many of you have pointed out)

but it would be awsome to see a gla set or a marveluniverse set(this would include manthing,howard the duck,and maybe impossible man or some other lesser known character like nighthawk)

so thank you dst and thank you marvel(and of course artasylum)

By the way, I can't believe this set doesn't include Spidey or Wolvie.

I was just thinking that. haha

but um, OH MY GOD!!!!

this is an amazing set, and I think everyone in it looks totally solid.

an updated thanos which will be great for people who didn't get their hands on the original

an old school drax is always welcome, now we just need a new one ;)

adam warlock and mephisto. wow. just wow.

I cannot wait.

Edited by killcharlesdead

...I have no idea who these people are or what's going on! I have no choice but to blame Griff for coming up with such a flawed plan. Stupid, stupid Griff.

Thanos, huh? Never thought we'd see him again. And yay! Now I can ruin MJ and Parker's lives on a daily basis!

Yeah, i know how the gauntlet looks in the comics - but these are MiniMates & i'd prefer some continuity here. That's why i thought the original glove worked well. It featured the 6 jewels on it, but still upheld the design ideals of MiniMates:

Despite my teasing about the emphasis on the gauntlet Nessex I actually agree with you about the design ideals point :ohmy: We have entered a new era in many ways with Minimates & all the whistles & bells aren't necessarily progress.

A Messiah, a Golem, a Nihilist and Satan

Yeah, I'm guessing it's not a mass market retail set. ;)

It's a set I honestly have trouble believing is happening. But thuroughly pumped over!

Now we need that Moondragon and Pip 2 pack.

And just for those who don't know Adam Warlock was the Messiah of the High Evolutionary's Counter Earth, right down to being crucified. (It reads better than it sounds) Drax the Destoryer was created by the "god" of the Titan Eternals using the rocks of Titan infused with the soul of a murdered Earth man, and made to destroy Thanos. Thanos worships death, and all of his various plots have been designed to win her favor, and he's been frighteningly good at it over the years. Mephisto may not actually be the Biblical Satan, but he plays him on TV.

Though I haven't actually read the story, I've always been intrigued by the "Thanos being in love with Death" aspect. Which now makes me want to figure out how one can make a Lady Death minimate. (Ghost Rider's skull, Cloak's hood, Previews exclusive Sand Saref's skirt, those sleeve attachments like on Mariko and/or the classic BSG Lucifer, and some dark blue/dark purple paint?)

And seriously, Cosmic Marvel is just rife with teams and story arcs tailor-made for the Minimate treatment. Off the top of my head:

Teams: Guardians of the Galaxy, Starjammers, Nova Corps, Inhumans (kind of), Eternals (kind of)

Events: Kree-Skrull War, part of the Dark Phoenix saga, Annihilation Wave, Planet Hulk (kind of), not to mention literally the only ongoing comic title I'm reading right now...

Drax the Destoryer was created by the "god" of the Titan Eternals using the rocks of Titan infused with the soul of a murdered Earth man, and made to destroy Thanos. Thanos worships death, and all of his various plots have been designed to win her favor, and he's been frighteningly good at it over the years.

thanos is such a badass. do you remember in the "annihilation" storyline when

drax finally rips thanos' heart out, and all thanos has to say is "interesting"? such an awesome moment.

One of my favorite Thanos momments happened during his first encounter with the Silver Surfer. Thanos is explaining his mission to ease universal overcrowding by killing 50% of the total population everywhere, a mission given him by Death herself. Thanos is teleporting himself and Radd around the universe as Thanos tries to convince the Surfer of the correctness of his actions. Of course, the Surfer is angered and offended by Thanos's point of view. So Thanos brings Radd and himself back to one of the first stops on their tour, and they find a once heavily populated world totally decimated. When the Surfr prepares to attack Thanos for killing a planet full of sentient beings, Thanos simply smiles and tells the Surfer that he didn't kill these beings, the Surfer did, with a virus the Surfer happened to be carrying when they teleported in for their earlier visit. It was such a wonderfully subtelly evil momment.

BTW, it was Thanos' mission of universal genocide that lead him to gather the Infinity Gems in an effort to speed his task along.

This is bleeping great. Finally a mephisto to toment my johnny blaze and dan ketch mates, Blackheart next?. Plus like TM2 said, we get to ruin parkers life everyday, along with the rest of our minimate continuity! The infinity gems are awesome and Im glad they gave him fingers this time. The gauntlet is very important and if they get around to the Mandarin and his 10 rings I hope he gets some kind of fingers too. Its not like they are overdoing it, they are only doing this kind of thing when its really needed. The old Thanos is my favorite mate, for a 2 inch figure he is imposing and bad ass, but damn this new set just made my day!