UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

What would you pay for a Numbered Gold/Silver spidey?

Come on... you really think The Man can resist those lovable little pieces of plastic crack? :P

I guess the question I should've asked is whether there were any unofficial (unbagged/unnumbered) Silvers out there like the Golds. If there weren't (or if there weren't that many), then maybe that'd explain why they seem "fewer" than the Golds.

Maybe DST can bring them back and/or release a Bronze Spidey next, or a Swarovski-crystal-studded Wolverine. As if we Mateheads weren't poor enough.

Yes there are unnumbered silver ones out there is the wild, probably more than the gold ones from what I know.

I don't think we will get a giveaway like gold/silver spidey again, talking to Chuck the logistics of doing it are a nightmare and they got into a lot of trouble at SDCC for the size of the lines that formed.

T.

I actually have one of the unnumbered silver spideys. But he's famous....

I was thinking of printing out a certificate of authenticity and having various people sign it like Chuck, maybe even Adam if I see him around at SDCC, hell maybe even one of the SDCC event organizers, I hear one of 'em is a huge minimates fan! Complete collection, protos, rare gems and all!

TBT!, I'd hate to have such a competitive collector have to part with these pieces, that being said, as a hardcore collector, they are truly priceless. I recall seeing them on ebay years back, silver maybe for around $800 and gold for around $600.

But in answering the thread question, I would probably pay $350 give or take a piece for them...

-CloneMe

Edited by Cloneme

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Ok so I now no longer officially own either Gold or Silver Spideys! I shipped them off to a new home today!

I feel pretty sad but that's tempered with the thought that they will have a new home where I know they will be loved and cherished!

I am not going to tell who I sold to or how much they sold for, if the buyer reads this and wants to comment then I'm fine with that but I suspect they'd like to keep a low profile!

T.

Ok so I now no longer officially own either Gold or Silver Spideys! I shipped them off to a new home today!

I feel pretty sad but that's tempered with the thought that they will have a new home where I know they will be loved and cherished!

I am not going to tell who I sold to or how much they sold for, if the buyer reads this and wants to comment then I'm fine with that but I suspect they'd like to keep a low profile!

T.

sorry to hear you had to sell the Tim but as long as you got enough for them :thumbsup: