UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Please contact TRU to let them know you support Minimates

As we all know, Toys R Us seems to be going full force with Minimates recently. Not only are we seeing exclusive to existing and up-coming lines, but now we are seeing exclusive series (BSG) that will only be at TRU. I took some time and contacted them yesterday to let them know that I am buying there product (and even buying some to send to those outside the Us) and to suggest that they consider taking on more lines that would be exclusive to them (I suggested Star Trek and DC Comics since it might fit what they sell). This was my response today:

Thank you for contacting RUs.com. We really appreciate hearing from our

customers, especially when they make us aware of an item or service they

would like us to consider! I'm glad to hear that you're enjoying our

selection of Minimates, and I appreciate your suggestion to expand our

line of available Minimates.

I have taken the liberty of forwarding your request to carry DC Comics

and Star Trek Minimates on to our Corporate Office for their review and

consideration. We are constantly striving to provide the best product

selection, lowest prices, and state of the art services to our

customers, and your recommendation gives us an opportunity to do just

that!

Again, thanks for contacting RUs.com. We value your business and look

forward to serving you in the future!

Sincerely,

Margaret Kelly

Customer Service Team

Is it a long shot that they will expand what they carry? Of course, but so was the idea that BSG would come back. I don't think this is some try to bring about the impossible, but just showing support for what they are doing in hopes they will continue it. If e-mails like mine really are passed on to the appropriate people, this might be an occassion where making your voice heard might actually count for something. I would recommend anyone that wants to see Minimates continued at TRU (which ultimately helps all Minimate collectors) contact them and show your support or desire to see other lines.

Here's a link to their contact form.

I don't usually recommend this kind of thing, but since they are obviously trying to secure their place in the toy and collector market, now might be the time.

Edited by groundhog7s

I got a more generic response, but basically the same. Of course, I also recommended they do preorders for the Marvel 'mates like they do for everything else, so that may have been the cause of the slightly different response.

Edited by drgnrbrn316

good idea GH! honestly, I think the dc mates would sell really well at a more mainstream store like TRU. I don't know how it is where you guys live, but I have honestly never seen anyone under the age of 15-16 in any comic store here in az. so the dc mates just pegwarm at basically every comic shop here, but I also notice how there are never any dc toys actually ON shelves at places like TRU and walmart. apparently kids love that stuff :P