UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Back from the dead!

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had a package waiting for me at work today with the flyers inside. I was pretty happy. Cdubya, thanks for the guide about the stickers. The written description was enough for me. Most of them made sense without needing a writeup, but for the ones that didn't, I was scratching my head.

For the Viper sticker that goes in the translucent part of the cockpit, I put mine on, and it actually looks okay. Most of the sticker is over the joint that opens the cockpit, so the amount of white you see isn't very much. Plus, with the gray of that part, it looks like just an extension of the controls, so I think it fits okay.

I'm loving the stubby Minimatish design of the Viper. I think the Raider is a bit "big headed" (even by Minimate standards), but it's cool nonetheless. I do wish the red dot of the eye were centered, though. But having them in hand and playing around with them makes me like them a lot more. I'm happy to have them, but wasn't terribly saddened when they were announced as not being made. But having them, I'm really glad they got done, and are super cool. Much cooler than the C3 flyers.

EDIT: Quick update to my 2-packs with TRU.com... So after getting an e-mail one morning saying that they had no shipping date and telling me to call if I wanted to cancel, me buying the Tigh/Six pack from a B&M store, then me calling to cancel to be told it couldn't be canceled because they were leaving the warehouse...I got an e-mail the next morning saying that they were out of stock and my Tigh/Six pack was canceled from my order. Ugh. At least I was able to get them.

Edited by infallible

Had a package waiting for me at work today with the flyers inside. I was pretty happy. Cdubya, thanks for the guide about the stickers. The written description was enough for me. Most of them made sense without needing a writeup, but for the ones that didn't, I was scratching my head.

For the Viper sticker that goes in the translucent part of the cockpit, I put mine on, and it actually looks okay. Most of the sticker is over the joint that opens the cockpit, so the amount of white you see isn't very much. Plus, with the gray of that part, it looks like just an extension of the controls, so I think it fits okay.

I'm loving the stubby Minimatish design of the Viper. I think the Raider is a bit "big headed" (even by Minimate standards), but it's cool nonetheless. I do wish the red dot of the eye were centered, though. But having them in hand and playing around with them makes me like them a lot more. I'm happy to have them, but wasn't terribly saddened when they were announced as not being made. But having them, I'm really glad they got done, and are super cool. Much cooler than the C3 flyers.

EDIT: Quick update to my 2-packs with TRU.com... So after getting an e-mail one morning saying that they had no shipping date and telling me to call if I wanted to cancel, me buying the Tigh/Six pack from a B&M store, then me calling to cancel to be told it couldn't be canceled because they were leaving the warehouse...I got an e-mail the next morning saying that they were out of stock and my Tigh/Six pack was canceled from my order. Ugh. At least I was able to get them.

TRU.com's order status and inventory tracking has something seriously wrong -

Hmm...now what could this mean?? DST has updated their page (finally!!!) with all new TRU Arrival Dates!! With it, of course, are the BSG Series 2 and Miniflyers; FY!, they BOTH say in-stores now. Keep a look out, guys. Anyway, with it they give a description for each:

Battlestar Galactica Minimates Series 2:

Arriving in stores: Now!

This entire wave of five new Minimates two-packs will delight sci-fi fans and collectors alike as we round out the cast with new versions of their favorite characters, Cylons and even the Final Five! With Eye Patch Tigh & Captivity Six, Chief Tyrol & Mortar-Pack Cylon Centurion, Athena & Cylon Centurion, Tory Foster & Sam Anders, plus the enigmatic Ellen & Simon two-packs in stores now, this set is the perfect companion to our next exclusive...

I'm sorry, what?? ANOTHER exclusive?? I'm gonna go ahead and say that they are referring to good ole Stripey, and i guess that may mean that he'll be a PX two-pack or something...with quite possibly our Marines. :)

Hmm...now what could this mean?? DST has updated their page (finally!!!) with all new TRU Arrival Dates!! With it, of course, are the BSG Series 2 and Miniflyers; FY!, they BOTH say in-stores now. Keep a look out, guys. Anyway, with it they give a description for each:

This entire wave of five new Minimates two-packs will delight sci-fi fans and collectors alike as we round out the cast with new versions of their favorite characters, Cylons and even the Final Five! With Eye Patch Tigh & Captivity Six, Chief Tyrol & Mortar-Pack Cylon Centurion, Athena & Cylon Centurion, Tory Foster & Sam Anders, plus the enigmatic Ellen & Simon two-packs in stores now, this set is the perfect companion to our next exclusive...

I'm sorry, what?? ANOTHER exclusive?? I'm gonna go ahead and say that they are referring to good ole Stripey, and i guess that may mean that he'll be a PX two-pack or something...with quite possibly our Marines. :)

As there aren't too many characters (though I'm sure I could come up with a short list, along with updates of previously released) to warrant a Series 3, PX (or other?) exclusive seems to be more probable. Oh please let it be paired with a Marine and easily obtainable for troop-building! B)

*A little reminder that the new mini-series "The Plan" will be available on DVD/Blu-Ray on Oct. 27. It will air on Sy-Fy in 2010 as will "Caprica-the series" (Jan. 22?).

Edited by cdubya

Possibilities for the next exclusive (take your pick):

Red Stripe Cylon

Mark II Viper miniflyer

Colonial Marines

everybody we missed from Waves 5-6 (Racetrack, Prophet Baltar, Romo Lampkin, etc.)

New Caprica Starbuck

*something else* ;)

I think the "Next Exclusive" that is being referred to is the Wave 1 Miniflyers (which are the next TRU exclusive in the announcement). I wouldn't read too much into that, as a third wave seems pretty optimistic

Found the Flyers in TRU today...they were $14.99 each.

Sadly...and against my will, I picked them up.

And I don't even like BSG.

Why can't we get an Ecto-1?

I hear ya Cray, I dont collect BSG anymore and I find myself wanting a couple vipers....this is one time my TRU no carrying minimates stops an impulse buy....for now till someone offers them up lol...

Jeff of the Miniacs

Found the Flyers in TRU today...they were $14.99 each.

Sadly...and against my will, I picked them up.

And I don't even like BSG.

Why can't we get an Ecto-1?

Because it would probably turn-out like this... http://www.minimatedatabase.com/pack.php?i=292

Unless by some small miracle DST were to (literally) expand their vehicle lines to accommodate more than one Minimate (a Colonial Raptor would be a nice experiment to test-the-waters :thumbsup: ). Until then, I recommend tracking-down one of Polar Lights "Ecto-1" Snap-kits as it is scaled perfectly for the GB 'mates.

"Against your will"? Did you hear "All Along the Watchtower" playing in your head?!? If you don't like BSG, then you probably didn't get that. :biggrin:

Question, could you tell what the case ratios were by what was on the pegs? I've been wondering how to divy-up my funds as I need a few more Raiders than Vipers, but don't want to deprive anyone in my zone by scooping-up all of the Raiders (better to buy a few and pick-up the rest at another TRU to balance things out).

Edited by cdubya

Question, could you tell what the case ratios were by what was on the pegs? I've been wondering how to divy-up my funds as I need a few more Raiders than Vipers, but don't want to deprive anyone in my zone by scooping-up all of the Raiders (better to buy a few and pick-up the rest at another TRU to balance things out).

I found the flyers this morning in Houston (Willowbrook TRU). There were two of each on the peg; pretty sure they'd just been stocked.

The Viper I ordered showed up a week ago (which I really like). However, I waited for the Raider to hit the shelves, 'cause I wanted to see it beforehand. Well, I finally got the Raider today, and when I got home I realized that the package insert stated Mark VII Viper w/ Hotdog. I didn't even notice if that was the case with the others on the shelf.

BTW: What I noticed seem to confirm what we've already heard - each case seems to be 4 pcs, w/ the distribution 50% Raiders-50% Vipers

BTW: What I noticed seem to confirm what we've already heard - each case seems to be 4 pcs, w/ the distribution 50% Raiders-50% Vipers

Yikes, good low numbers for sell-through, but it's going to be a bit more difficult than I originally planned (figured they'd be 3-4 each per case) to amass my squadrons. I should be good on Vipers (unless they release the coveted Mk II) as I have one from TRU.com, one coming from the PX exclusives, and I only want two more (for Apollo and Kat). Raiders, however, may require going back on-line as I've got two, one PX ordered, and am wanting at least five more for 2 squads of four. :blush:

I found the Viper & Raider last night (yay me!) but my Hot Dog doesn't have any hair... :blink::blink:

Let me try that again - I didn't find any separate hairpiece for the minimate in the Viper package. Was it packaged in an out-of-the-way place?

When my Wolverine was missing a shoulder pad last month, I wrote DS Customer Service and they sent an entire replacement Wolverine, including alternate hands and hair! You can never have too many Wolverines...

I found the Viper & Raider last night (yay me!) but my Hot Dog doesn't have any hair... :blink::blink:

Let me try that again - I didn't find any separate hairpiece for the minimate in the Viper package. Was it packaged in an out-of-the-way place?

When my Wolverine was missing a shoulder pad last month, I wrote DS Customer Service and they sent an entire replacement Wolverine, including alternate hands and hair! You can never have too many Wolverines...

As I recall, the hair piece was conspicuous and not easily missed when opening the package

Oh my. Yeah, he came with a gun like all of the other pilots. It fits in his leg holster. With mine, all of those pieces were in the bag with the stickers/decals. Maybe you just dropped them? If not, you can probably shoot DST an email letting them know you are missing a few pieces.

Siiigh...

I was at TRU today (looking for the new Marvel wave) and saw the miniflyers along with about three full pegs of BSG mates. Ghostbusters are long gone. There's one or two T2 sets left. Marvel is turning over well. And then there are these. Just sitting there, sadly.

I really hope the BSG mates don't kill TRU's interest in Minimates in general. As a big fan of the show, I'm deeply appreciative they took the risk and helped us die-hards finish our collections. But, I hope it doesn't come at the cost of other lines in the future... hopefully TRU will look at Marvel and GB's strong sales as the primary indicator of interest.