UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Back from the dead!

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Huh, TRU's online is now showing the Mini-fliers as "in stock", but I just got an email saying that my order was "back-ordered". Weird. :blink: I guess these will be hitting retail soon, so keep an eye peeled.

It says back-ordered on the website now too. Guess it is time to go hunting in stores!

I got word today that my orders are processing. They should arrive between 9/10 and 9/14.

Just got my shipping confirmation for my miniflyers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh man I can't wait for these to show up! It will be just my luck though that I will go in to my TRU tomorrow and they will be there in the store. <_< since that it what has happened with both wave 1 and 2.

Just got my shipping confirmation for my miniflyers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh man I can't wait for these to show up! It will be just my luck though that I will go in to my TRU tomorrow and they will be there in the store. <_< since that it what has happened with both wave 1 and 2.

I just got my shipping confirmation (9/11) too! I'd still be cool with coming across these at retail too as I just ordered 1xViper and 2xRaiders just in case store ratios make fleet-building difficult. Not counting the PX release, I still need 2xVipers (Apollo, Starbuck, HotDog, and Kat) and 5xRaiders (at least 8 total...to out-number our Colonials) to start my pricey 'lil armada. If (when) we get a MkII confirmation, I'll really go ape-shit on these (a couple Raptors would round things out nicely! ;) ). Regardless of TRU's history of price-inflated exclusives, I still think these should really be more in the $9.99 range though. Ah well, I'm just glad to be getting something licensed. The thought (and cost) of trying to piece together LEGO versions would have been a nightmare.

AS much as I hate to say it when I downsized my mates BSG was on the chopping block....but now that the miniflyers are coming I am thinking I'll pick them up just to show my support of the flyers concept....and besides little ships will be great to go with pretty much anything lol

cant wait to see the pics

Jeff of the Miniacs

Another "WTF?" TRU.com shipping moment...

A quick recap: I made a big pre-order for all the BSG/GB/Marvel 'Mates. I received, without issue, the SDCC Dark Avengers TRU set first. Next up was BSG series 2. I got notice that 2 of the sets, Ellen/Simon and Tory/Sam, had been canceled from my order. I was moderately annoyed, but happily found them at B&M. Soon after, I got two sets in the mail (Athena/Cylon and Tyrol/Cylon). The other set, Tigh/Six, was listed as backordered.

So here's the update. This morning, I got an e-mail that Tigh/Six were delayed and that there was not a scheduled date for them to ship out. Annoyed, I went to my B&M TRU hoping to find this set. They got another case in, so I picked it up. The e-mail had a number to call to cancel the order, because they said that it would remain on the order. (If Oct 9 came around, and it was still not in, they'd automatically cancel it.) So I called and after going through no less than three menu trees, I got a hold of someone. I told her my order and item numbers, and asked that she remove that item from the order. She said that the computer was telling her that she couldn't. She put me on hold to investigate, and apparently, it was in the shipping process (or actually shipped out) from the warehouse today....maybe. It wasn't totally clear if it actually shipped, or if a ship date was just added in. I guess we'll see if I end up with 2 Tigh/Six packs, but I'm saving my receipt to return one of them if I need to. They may have refunded my shipping on that pack, but I'm not sure.

The lady was nice, but the TRU.com shipping system is crazy-disorganized.

But, hey, yesterday afternoon, I got an e-mail saying the mini-flyers were shipped. I have a tracking number, and there's been progress on a package on ups.com, so I'm assuming that they've actually been shipped. I guess I'll find out next week. (In which case, expect to hear some "swooshing" noises coming from my work area.)

Here's the back of the package (I don't think this was shown on AA's blog). It's the same for both:

100_1093.jpg

Here's the Raider and Cylon Commander:

100_1096.jpg

100_1097.jpg

And here's Hot Dog. Both vehicles come with a sticker sheet, but I included this one so you can see stickers to make the Viper Hot Dog's, Starbuck's or Apollo's.

100_1099.jpg

100_1098.jpg

Oh sweet, they actually did include a sticker sheet for various nameplates (though it's missing Kat and a few others ;) )! It would have been kind'a cool if they had made the Raider's "eye" a sticker (or better yet...movable) so you could reposition for variations. Mine should be arriving tomorrow and I'd expect to see these at retail in about 2 weeks. Good-stuff, thanks for the pic.-fix. Here's hoping we get a Series 2!

I ordered three of each of these in a single order. I'll be getting them in three packages. Two Vipers in one set, two Raiders in the second, and one of each in the third. How big is the package for these? Hopefully, they broke this down because they wouldn't all fit in a standard box, but I fear its because they won't all fit in an oversized envelope.

The box was big enough for both packages plus packing. It was really a perfect fit with the big bubble packing they had and, for once, I was impressed with how they shipped something.

My only complaint with these is the price. $15 just seems a bit much when you have these in hand.

Edited by groundhog7s

I ordered three of each of these in a single order. I'll be getting them in three packages. Two Vipers in one set, two Raiders in the second, and one of each in the third. How big is the package for these? Hopefully, they broke this down because they wouldn't all fit in a standard box, but I fear its because they won't all fit in an oversized envelope.

But it's probably because the drunk chimpanzees that handle TRU's shipping just felt like doing it that way.

Thanks for the pics, Groundhog. The sticker sheet is a nice surprise, but I'll probably still just get one viper. I still don't know how to feel about the gold cylon. It really seems like something more interesting could have happened there.

The vehicles are definitely not cheaply made. The are very sturdy and pretty bulky (which I suppose accounts for the price). I don't forsee these falling apart easily. Although the tail fin on the Viper is a separate piece that needs to be attached to the ship when you take it out of the package. I really can't tell if mine was in enough though. There's still a gap, but I felt that if I pressed harder it might break. I'd love to see what everyone else's is like.

The back talks about the Gold Cylon being the rumored Cylon Commander that follows the design of the original models. I guess it's somewhat interesting that they came up with a back story for it. It's a nice looking figure, but just doesn't really fit in with the other Cylons.

I should have thanked you earlier for the pics Groundhog,thankyou. To be honest I usually say nothing unless I can think of something positive about anything 'Minimate' . Perhaps I should concede that these weren't designed for the likes of me but I can generally relate to near enough everything else I've collected in the line.

These are hideous,absolutely hideous & I have no idea at all why I've bought them.

The vehicles are definitely not cheaply made. The are very sturdy and pretty bulky (which I suppose accounts for the price). I don't forsee these falling apart easily. Although the tail fin on the Viper is a separate piece that needs to be attached to the ship when you take it out of the package. I really can't tell if mine was in enough though. There's still a gap, but I felt that if I pressed harder it might break. I'd love to see what everyone else's is like.

The back talks about the Gold Cylon being the rumored Cylon Commander that follows the design of the original models. I guess it's somewhat interesting that they came up with a back story for it. It's a nice looking figure, but just doesn't really fit in with the other Cylons.

You're not alone, my fin doesn't fit either. The problem is that the exhaust port piece is blocking the path of the tail fin which has a block in the middle of the 'fingers' (added for sturdiness I'd imagine), so one of two things will have to happen: 1) cut-out a notch in the exhaust panel or 2) shave-off the block in the middle of the tail fin (which you may accidently break the necessary 'fingers' that hold it together). I recommend cutting a notch in the exhaust panel. Overall though, I'm quite impressed with the quality of these (a vast improvement over Speed Racer) and despite the "super-deformed" nature of these, they aren't too small. The sticker sheets were a nice addition too. Sure, I think these would fare better in the $10.00 range, but these are a TRU exclusive and well, I'm just thrilled to have gotten them at all. I highly recommend them, and I tend to be more critical than most.

Now, as for the "Gold Cylon Commander"...totally unnecessary. I understand that TRU wanted something different, but these would have been best used in the 2-packs (like the "Stealth"). A simple, standard Cylon would have been better and benefited those who choose to army-build. Oh well, I'm just glad to have some Raiders!

Now get out there and buy these so we may have a "snowball's chance" at a Series 2!! Heck, even if you don't care for BSG, I'd still say pick a few up for your Kree and Skrulls to do battle in! :thumbsup:

So does anybody know where all the stickers are suppose to go?? :huh: I know where the names go, but I'm not sure about the rest... is there pictures anywhere with them all on the ships?

This may help:

http://www.battlestarprops.com/wp-content/...vipermkii-7.jpg

The only problem is that the half-circle scanner appears to go on the inside of the canopy (since there is nothing in the cockpit), but this would show the white backside of the sticker from the outside. I may just skip this one and use it for something else. While the colors are off, it is surprising how accurately detailed these decals are. I don't have a camera handy at the moment, so I'll attempt to describe. Looking at the MKVII Viper sheet (with plates at top) I'll number their positions:

[Name Plates]

1 2 3

4 6 9 10

5 7 8

Looking into the cockpit from behind, place #6(grey rect.) in the center of the console wall. Place #1 to the left, #3 to the right. Place #11 in the center of the console shelf. #7 goes on the left arm-rest, #8 on the right arm-rest. #9 goes on the left inside wall (tracing the shape of the arm-rest and shelf) and #10 goes on the right inside wall. Place the emblems #4 and 5 on the wings. As mentioned, I believe #2 goes on the inside bottom of the canopy, but you will probably see the white back from the outside of the 'glass'. Choose your pilot and "grab your gun and bring in the cat (boom, boom)"!

As for the Raider stickers, since my Raiders have no pilots, I'm just using the pentagram emblems (on the wings) and saving the others for consoles in a 'basestar' diorama. Looking at the sheet with looong rectangle on the top right corner:

1 2

3 4 5

6 7 8

Again, looking into the cockpit from the back, place #2 on the center of the console wall. Place #7 in the center of the console "shelf" with #6 on the left (starting from where the shelf ends) and #8 on the right. #1 goes on the right inside wall and #3 on the left. The emblems ( #4 and 5) go on the wings (I don't have a pic., but do a search to determine the exact position).

Now that I've thoroughly confused you with my diagrams (minus actual pictures), enjoy. I hope it helped! :blush:

*edit* The page for the image of the MkVII has been removed...Gah! I found it on a Google image search, perhaps you can as well. Otherwise, you'll just have to rely on my confusing diagram...sorry!

Edited by cdubya

You're not alone, my fin doesn't fit either. The problem is that the exhaust port piece is blocking the path of the tail fin which has a block in the middle of the 'fingers' (added for sturdiness I'd imagine), so one of two things will have to happen: 1) cut-out a notch in the exhaust panel or 2) shave-off the block in the middle of the tail fin (which you may accidently break the necessary 'fingers' that hold it together). I recommend cutting a notch in the exhaust panel...

Now, as for the "Gold Cylon Commander"...totally unnecessary. I understand that TRU wanted something different, but these would have been best used in the 2-packs (like the "Stealth"). A simple, standard Cylon would have been better and benefited those who choose to army-build. Oh well, I'm just glad to have some Raiders!

Now get out there and buy these so we may have a "snowball's chance" at a Series 2!! Heck, even if you don't care for BSG, I'd still say pick a few up for your Kree and Skrulls to do battle in! :thumbsup:

I cut off the front finger and now the top fin fits snug as a bug.

Overall, these are pretty awesome. I love the Raider more than I thought I would. I still don't really care about the cylon commander. I totally agree it would have been better off in a two-pack with an army builder here. The Viper I don't like as much as I thought I would. It's cool, just not an A+. My big complaint is the packaging. Normally I don't complain about how items are secured in the package so long as they are easy to get out. The twisty things here are threaded through the ships. It was a serious pain unthreading them. Even so, I plan on buying a few more of these.