UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Back from the dead!

According to the new Q&A, this is probably it for BSG mates, beyond the flyers. Oh well, there wasn't much left to do. Maybe we'll see some Caprica mates down the line. That's what I'm focusing on for customizing(well some BSG customs to finish up too). Good-bye Galctica. :(

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm afraid that the BSG line now reminds me of an old labrador that you have loved since a puppy. The 'old boy' still wags his tail but you know that he is suffering & the right thing has to be done :(

post-638-1251794967_thumb.jpg

Hmmm, looks like a great landing-pad...for Colonial Raptors.

I did not have to go in to work at my usual time today so I had a chance to swing by my nearest TRU. They had a complete case of wave 2 out. They also had a full set of the Ghostbuster wave 2 on the peg just below it. I was soo excited. :D I am sure they would not still be there on Thursday (the next chance I would have to get out there). They are awesome mates. I am glad to get the final Cylons, although it is bitter sweet to see the end of these, especially without my Natalie :wub: or my Racetrack. :blush:

I finally found these in stores today, though the thrill was a bit stifled since I had already received a set in the mail earlier. I did get a second set for customs, but I'd have liked to buy more at retail to show more support for the exclusives. Now the wait for the Minifliers (Sept. 6, really?!?). I could use a few more weeks to recover from the onslaught of 'mate releases; my debit card is still smoking! :D

I was thinking more along the lines of a PX exclusive myself, but then that would mean it'd have to be packed with either another new figure or a mini-flyer :confused: ... so yeah, I guess convention giveaway (maybe one of those promo mates sealed in individual baggies) makes more sense.

Just seen this on Art Asylums Blog, dunno if it'll get released or if its just a quick custom, still pretty cool though

http://www.artasylum.com/blog/wp-content/u...inimateflbr.jpg

Well that is an interesting development. I saw the pic.s for the 7" yesterday and did] lament on how they missed an opportunity for the 'mate. I wonder how it will be released (please say "Red Stripe Cylon/Colonial Marine 2-pack previews exclusive"!)? I hope it's not packed with the "Scar" ship or 7" as I only need one of those. Good-news!

re Red stripe:

Just add paint brush and red paint to one of the possibly dozens you own!

It's not illegal or rocket science to make your own!

I dont think you'll see any more BSG minimate other than the two that come with the miniflyers.

T.

Well, if it helps any, DST just posted a new blog entry:

Sometimes even the best of us guess wrong. In this case, we were caught off guard at how phenomenally well the Battlestar Galactica figures were selling in Toys R Us. Those poor stores are running out of figures at an alarming rate and the next assortment isn’t scheduled for another few months. What’s a boy to do? Simple, ramp up production on an accellerated schedule AND add a whole new wave of figures to the line-up. That means you are still going to get all of the figures you’ve seen us advertise, but you are also going to get a surprise wave with Boomer, Apollo, and a Cylon. You’ve seen the Cylon in other posts (Red Stripe), and I’m sure Apollo will be coming soon, but this post is dedicated to the lovely Grace (Boomer) Park. Keep watching the shelves…

Along with a prototype, half-painted Boomer. Well, we know where ONE Red-Stripe is ending up. If this is true and BSG figures are selling well, could that include Minimates too?? I'm thinking we just found out where our Red-Stripe is going...

Well, if it helps any, DST just posted a new blog entry:

Sometimes even the best of us guess wrong. In this case, we were caught off guard at how phenomenally well the Battlestar Galactica figures were selling in Toys R Us. Those poor stores are running out of figures at an alarming rate and the next assortment isn’t scheduled for another few months. What’s a boy to do? Simple, ramp up production on an accellerated schedule AND add a whole new wave of figures to the line-up. That means you are still going to get all of the figures you’ve seen us advertise, but you are also going to get a surprise wave with Boomer, Apollo, and a Cylon. You’ve seen the Cylon in other posts (Red Stripe), and I’m sure Apollo will be coming soon, but this post is dedicated to the lovely Grace (Boomer) Park. Keep watching the shelves…

Along with a prototype, half-painted Boomer. Well, we know where ONE Red-Stripe is ending up. If this is true and BSG figures are selling well, could that include Minimates too?? I'm thinking we just found out where our Red-Stripe is going...

Granted, they're talking specifically about the 7" figures, but hopefully they can sneak a few 'mate surprises through the door with their success. I think the key will be keeping the quantities each store receives reasonable; no more than one case (two for larger populated areas).

An example of disproportionate distribution (in my area specifically), was the T2 Series 1. Of 3 TRUs that I frequent, 1 never had them, 1 sold 2 cases completely, and 1 sold 1 case completely but was then unrealistically restocked with no less than 3 cases that have clogged 3 full pegs (2 separate aisles even) for over a month. I think this kind of poor planning is what some of you are experiencing with other 'mate lines (some receiving nada, others receiving far too much).

My TRUs have done fairly well with the BSG 'mates because they've kept the case quantities low. Hopefully the 'fliers do well, as I'd love to see a Series 2, but I think the price is going to prohibit many from purchasing multiples. Perhaps the holiday-shopping will help accelerate sales and we'll see new models by Spring.

Regardless, this is great-news that BSG is performing well for DST and TRU (as I knew it should). I'm just surprised that for once, others seem to agree with me! :D

Very unexpected. It's amazing that these are flying off the shelf. Hopefully this bodes very well for the future of Minimates at TRU (can Star Trek mates be far behind?).

I'd love to think so, but I think they're going to have to wait until the over-abundant movie line leaves retail. Next Spring/Summer perhaps?

I was very happy to see the red stripe cylons and hope that it means some pairings for another wave or something but even if it was just another 5 pack of cylons or something like that I think it would be awesome. They did mention (if I remember correctly) that TRU wanted to have cylons in the two packs because they felt that that is what would sell well.

I was very happy to see the red stripe cylons and hope that it means some pairings for another wave or something but even if it was just another 5 pack of cylons or something like that I think it would be awesome. They did mention (if I remember correctly) that TRU wanted to have cylons in the two packs because they felt that that is what would sell well.

Looking at their Ghostbusters & Marvel lineups, it would appear packaging good guys with bad guys IS TRU's philosophy about selling Minimates. I've always believed it, and I hope Diamond picks up on it for their regular Minimate lines too.

Looking at their Ghostbusters & Marvel lineups, it would appear packaging good guys with bad guys IS TRU's philosophy about selling Minimates. I've always believed it, and I hope Diamond picks up on it for their regular Minimate lines too.

So Say We All!

Huh, TRU's online is now showing the Mini-fliers as "in stock", but I just got an email saying that my order was "back-ordered". Weird. :blink: I guess these will be hitting retail soon, so keep an eye peeled.

Huh, TRU's online is now showing the Mini-fliers as "in stock", but I just got an email saying that my order was "back-ordered". Weird. :blink: I guess these will be hitting retail soon, so keep an eye peeled.

It says back-ordered on the website now too. Guess it is time to go hunting in stores!