UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Back from the dead!

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tigh/Six and Chief/Cylon are now listed as in stock. Looks like Ellen/Simon is back in stock too.

On a separate note, how do you guys all have so many TRU's to check out? There is only one TRU in the Memphis area and only two more within a 100 mile radius.

On a separate note, how do you guys all have so many TRU's to check out? There is only one TRU in the Memphis area and only two more within a 100 mile radius.

There's only one in my neck of the woods too. And it isn't very good either. Did you know that Ghostbusters was a Marvel movie?

So I have three SEPERATE packages on their way currently and the other two sets (Tigh/Six and Tyrol/Cylon) showing in stock and I can't wait to see if they continue their craziness and ship those two seperately as well! Man I just don't get how their system works at all.

Edited by gambitron

I did know that! (Well, it was a Ghostbusters movie for about a week, but TRU fixed that mistake.) BSG also seems to be a Marvel movie. Terminator Salvation, however, is not a Marvel movie.

Gambitron, the real beauty of the system is that they charge shipping upfront. I preordered all of the BSG 'mates at the same time and was kind of peeved by what looked like kind of pricey shipping for the first set to ship. But then I found out that it actually covers ALL of the shipping for everything in that preorder. So TRU is paying to ship out a gazillion packages but only charged for one. I can sleep well knowing that I didn't pay much to have minimates crushed in transit.

Edited by Turtle

Well, i got ONE set in the mail today. Of course, i'm happy that it was Ellen and Simon, the one i wanted most, but this is just stupid. Now i have 2-3 more on the way; how fantastic is that?? <_<

For the two i have, they look great and i'm happy i have them. Now i just have to hope that none of mine were cancelled and i'll have them all before next week. :confused:

Well my store had all of wave 2 in today so I picked up an extra Anders/Tory pack because my wife wants an Anders to go with her Starbuck. My impatience is killing me though as there they were in my hand and yet I have them coming in the mail! I am glad as Turtle mentioned that even though they are shipping at least 4 seperate packages to me I only had to pay shipping once so TRU can go ahead and screw themselves over on that! The only reason I am not as concerned about my package coming in a mashed envelope is that I don't keep the packages for my BSG mates.

Have you checked your order status? If they're going to be cancelled, it should show it there. And I didn't get any e-mails today (one saying Ellen/Simon were cancelled, one saying the Tory/Anders pack shipped and one saying Athena/Cylon had shipped).

And I did get a response from TRU saying that there stock of Ellen and Simon have been depleted and that they are sorry. I think they really meant the apology too.

Yea, and sadly i can't remember my password. When i tried there "reset" and have it sent to me, i haven't gotten an e-mail. <_< If i miss out on this because of their stock and them NOT taking notcie when establishing the pre-order, i will be incredibly, royally pissed-off. :angry:

So you haven't received any shipping emails? Nor a password reset email? Could it be that the wrong address is on file with TRU?

Have you checked your order status? If they're going to be cancelled, it should show it there. And I didn't get any e-mails today (one saying Ellen/Simon were cancelled, one saying the Tory/Anders pack shipped and one saying Athena/Cylon had shipped).

And I did get a response from TRU saying that there stock of Ellen and Simon have been depleted and that they are sorry. I think they really meant the apology too.

Yea, and sadly i can't remember my password. When i tried there "reset" and have it sent to me, i haven't gotten an e-mail. <_< If i miss out on this because of their stock and them NOT taking notcie when establishing the pre-order, i will be incredibly, royally pissed-off. :angry:

So you haven't received any shipping emails? Nor a password reset email? Could it be that the wrong address is on file with TRU?

Nope, because i've gotten confirmation e-mails with them before. I recieved an e-mail when i placed my order, but nothing since; yup, still no "your password is" e-mail. Of course, i know that they are being sent seeing as how i got Ellen today, but it'd be nice to know if any of mine were cancelled and WON'T be sent.

Imn other words, screw you, TRU. :verymad:

Mine are all shipping separately as well. Like some evil supervillain, TRU.com is sending out our mates to be crushed one at a time. The shipping manager is one sick and twisted dude.

Hey dummies! Put them ALL in ONE box! It is cheaper and they won't be crushed!

My wife is going to love this. Two weeks of packages of Minimates. She's going to think I spent a fortune.

Edited by Jatta Pake

My wife is going to love this. Two weeks of packages of Minimates. She's going to think I spent a fortune.

Looks like we're in the same boat. And it'll be doubled because they're shipping Ghostbusters series 2 the same way. It kinda helps when I tell my wife I pre-ordered them at 10% off with free shipping (because they screwed things up before).

Still nothin at my TRU...i don't expect anything for week, so that's alright. Good thing was that the last time i went in there was a full case on the shelves (of Wave 1) and this time they were all sold. That gives me hope for the line as a whole.

Then again...i didn't see anything BSG related...not even 6"ers...which is potentially bad if there's no space for them...

Anyway...as an update on Mini-fliers, i always try to put in a certain amount into thw quantity box as means to see how much time i've got left to order something. I get that they're pre-orders, but there is no way in hell that TRU has 999 Cylon Raiders...:blink:

Edited by Twisted Two-Face

Well, after having my Anders/Tory and Ellen/Simon sets canceled, I hit TRU yesterday morning hoping to get lucky....and I did. I mean, I'm moderately peeved I'm not getting them in the mail, and I'd have preferred to buy them at retail than on the website, but at least it won't be a problem getting those two canceled sets from my order.

Now I have an unknown number of packages coming. But not only from TRU, but also BBTS and AFX.

Here;s what kinds pisses me off...

so I order all 5 sets + a viper mini flyer. Get a cancellation on Ellen and Simon, but otherwise the other four sets ship (individually)... and then, as someone here pointed out, Ellen & Simon back in stock, which I order and am waiting for shipment.

Now I gotta talk some service rep into crediting my shipping fees on the second order, 'cause if they hadn't prematurely cancelled Ellen & Simon, it would have fallen within the shipping charges of the original order, instead of an xtrra $5-$6.

What a pain in the A$$

This wave has had more twists to it than the last season of BSG. Here's the timeline:

I ordered a set of series 2 months ago.

As they show up in stock, my Ellen/Simon become cancelled because they're out of stock (which is verified by customer service).

Two days later, Ellen/Simon are back in stock and I receive a notification that my Athena/Cylon set are shipping.

Today, I receive a package with Athena/Cylon and, wait for dramatic pause, an Ellen/Simon pack.

I am thankful, yet very confused. Now I have to figure out if they charged me for it.

Grannyhog, that's...really bizarre...i'm not sure what to say to that.

I got my Tory/Sam pack in the mail today and am completely underwhelmed. If it weren't for the fact that i wanted to complete the Cylons, i'd have skipped it; i HATE Tory (the character, not the Minimate), and Sam just bores me. Nice looking mates, though, for what it's worth...now i just hope that i get my Saul pack, 2 Chief Packs, and 5 Athena packs. :lol: