UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Back from the dead!

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They're 'on-hold' dates mean nothing. I'd love to know how their system works. I think some of it all depends on where you live and how close you are to a distribution center.

So my Anders/Tory set and Ellen/Simon sets are 'located in stock'.

My Athena/Cylon set says 'backordered' - anyone else get that ? <_<:(

And the other two sets say 'on hold until release date'.

Looks like I might have to find that Athena set in stores. Lousy army builder collectors.

They're 'on-hold' dates mean nothing. I'd love to know how their system works. I think some of it all depends on where you live and how close you are to a distribution center.

Looks like I might have to find that Athena set in stores. Lousy army builder collectors.

My account shows Tigh/Six, Viper Miniflyer & Chief/Cylon on hold 'til 8/21.

Athena/Cylon, Ellen/Simon & Tory Anders are all located in stock

Mine shows...wait, my e-mail hasn't arrived yet. <_< Oh well; probably tomorrow...i'll be pretty fumed if i don't get all of these at once; i want practically the whole wave as much as D'anna alone from the first. Especially Ellen, Tigh, and Six.

Oh, and blame the backorder on me; what?? I missed out on the first round of Modern Cylons. :P

Mine shows...wait, my e-mail hasn't arrived yet. <_< Oh well; probably tomorrow...i'll be pretty fumed if i don't get all of these at once; i want practically the whole wave as much as D'anna alone from the first. Especially Ellen, Tigh, and Six.

Oh, and blame the backorder on me; what?? I missed out on the first round of Modern Cylons. :P

I didn't get an e-mail - I just checked the My Account status at the tru website

I was also relieved to see that they put Hot Dog in a pilot's uniform rather than his dress uniform. It better come with a hairpiece as all of my pilots are displayed holding their helmets instead of with the helmet on.

It does make more sense, however, I had already planned on using my extra "dress uniforms" for Apollo, Starbuck, etc. customs...I'd still like to see it somehow (especially since they already have the mold from the Adama release. I've got an extra for Tigh). I imagine he will have a hair-piece, but if not, I've got plenty of extras from other lines to choose from.

I just got one of those emails too. Not a big deal as I plan on getting two sets in store and this was my "just-in-case" set. The only thing that bothers me about this is that I can now expect to pay double for shipping and have them stuffed in padded envelopes. <_<

The reverse-psychology that I have been employing may be working......The Red Stripes will obviously be in Wave 3 with our pilots. ;)

I think you mean "with Colonial Marines"...or at least Baltar in Marine uniform. Our missing-pilots will be coming in the Deluxe Raptor set. OK, perhaps that was just a dream; the same one that had Series 2 Mini-vehicle Mark II Viper/with "Husker" and Guardian Raider/with "Razor: Gold Commander Pilot"! :D

The reverse-psychology that I have been employing may be working......The Red Stripes will obviously be in Wave 3 with our pilots. ;)

I think you mean "with Colonial Marines"...or at least Baltar in Marine uniform. Our missing-pilots will be coming in the Deluxe Raptor set. OK, perhaps that was just a dream; the same one that had Series 2 Mini-vehicle Mark II Viper/with "Husker" and Guardian Raider/with "Razor: Gold Commander Pilot"! :D

Very sadly, DST said, in response to my line-up question for a possible Wave 3, that Razor was pretty much done with. If you recall, i asked about a Cain/Fisk Razor set, and they said that any Razor minimates weren't at all the best sellers, so there's little hope for more. :confused: Shame; i like the idea of more old-War pilots...without spending boxset prices for one figure.

Very sadly, DST said, in response to my line-up question for a possible Wave 3, that Razor was pretty much done with. If you recall, i asked about a Cain/Fisk Razor set, and they said that any Razor minimates weren't at all the best sellers, so there's little hope for more. :confused: Shame; i like the idea of more old-War pilots...without spending boxset prices for one figure.

Very true, and yet oddly enough they packaged TRU Series 1 Adama with a Razor Cylon. :blink:

I just really want a MkII Viper, and since they've already got Apollo, Starbuck, and HotDog being released, it just seems (while unlikely) more viable to go with a Cylon-Wars theme (or Razor if you like) for a Series 2 as they'd need a Cylon ship to compliment it. I'll take one any way I can get one (or 4).

And while I'm totally dreaming, I'd like to throw an even more unrealistic idea into the ring for a slightly larger Deluxe Series of 'fliers (able to accommodate 2 or more 'mates) for $29.99.

Colonial Raptor (with Racetrack and Skulls or Boomer and Helo).

Cylon Heavy Raider (with 2 Cylon models and able to hold 4-6 Cylons).

Edited by cdubya

I just bought and opened a 7" Toyrocket Exclusive Razor Cylon - DST had it's typical product flier taped to the back (similar to those enclosed with the minimatges), which included the original pre-cancellation BSG Minimates Waves 5 & 6 with the "Available Now" banner. Oops!

Likewise they had the frequently-delayed and recently-placed-on-hold 4th Series (Pres Apollo, Roslin, THe Admiral & PX Cain) of the 7" a/f's as "In Stores Now"... Ooops again.

Perhaps it's time for DST's marketing department to put a psychic on the payroll.

I'm holding out for the Suncoast Cylon Mothership Pack ,an oracle ,gods-know how many skin-jobs & about 5000 toasters. :rolleyes:

And it will cost $1.95, if you can even find a Suncaost anymore :P

I would just settle for a Mark II and a Raptor.

Or maybe a Basestar or Galactica playset...

I'm holding out for the Suncoast Cylon Mothership Pack ,an oracle ,gods-know how many skin-jobs & about 5000 toasters. :rolleyes:

I've got no hope for mates at Suncoast - much less exclusives.

The ones I've seen have shifted to mass market toys like Star Wars, GI Joe & Playmates Star Trek and/or Twilight & Anime

The specialty toys and collectables have been drying up slowly and are neglected - though I was sure GB was going to be a given at Suncoast.

Ugh, TRU.com are assholes. I received the email about Athena/Cylon being back-ordered which was lame but acceptable, I should be receiving the other four sets together right? Wrong. I just got a confirmation that Ellen/Simon were being shipped, but where are the Hell are the other three sets?!? I just paid $14.60 for one $6.99 set of 'mates that will undoubtedly arrive smashed to oblivion in a 'padded envelope'. :blink: I'm not sure who's the bigger idiot, them or me. When this is all said and done, I will have probably spent more than the cost of two sets, which I'll more than likely come across in person at retail in the next few weeks. *sigh*

Unless I am mistaken, TRU.com eats the extra shipping costs when they do this nonsense. So if you paid $20 initially, and they charge you $7 now, they will only charge up to $13 from here on out for all pieces from that order.

I recall reading this with the previous experiences of someone here. Can someone confirm this? If not, and they spread a single order you placed over multiple shipments and charge for each shipment beyond what you initially agreed to pay, then that would really piss me off. Not that TRU.com gives two shits about how customers feel.

As it's been my experience, you pay for shipping the first time they charge you and anything else that ships after that is only the item price. I wouldn't try to figure out why stuff doesn't make sense with TRU cause it'll just make your head hurt. But I will recommend complaining if it comes smashed-they might offer you some money back.

I wrote TRU an e-mail asking regarding how they apply their shipping charges; they generally apply the whole S&H charges on the first shipment of your order (because they never ship the whole thing in one shipment it seems); on the remaining shipments in your order you will only pay for the item(s) and applicable tax.

I wrote TRU an e-mail asking regarding how they apply their shipping charges; they generally apply the whole S&H charges on the first shipment of your order (because they never ship the whole thing in one shipment it seems); on the remaining shipments in your order you will only pay for the item(s) and applicable tax.

Well that's a relief, thanks for clearing that up. It was pretty unnerving to see a $14.60 total on my confirmation (for one of five sets) and think that each one I would receive would be the same! :D

Still, I'm a bit puzzled as to why I didn't get a "back-order" notice for the others too.

Well, you guys are doing better than I am. I got an e-mail today saying that, from my order, Tory/Anders and Ellen/Simon were canceled from my order. Athena/Cylon are "in stock" with an estimated delivery between the 31st and 2nd and the other two (Tigh/Six, Tyrol/Mortar) are on hold until release on 8/25. Personally, I don't care how many shipments they use or what the status is so long as I get them all, but it appears that I won't even be getting them all, which defeats the purpose of buying from the website versus going to the store.

Also on the order were the TRU T2 waves, and I have no clue what the deal with those are given the rearranging of the waves. Ghostbusters series 2 are all listed as backordered. Mini-flyers and Secret Wars are on hold until release on 8/25. At least I got the Dark Reign SDCC set.

I know that they're not all coming out today, and that's cool. But I am pretty pissed about 40% of the BSG wave being outright canceled.

If my ordeal concerning the first series of Ghostbusters minimates can serve as an example, then a well crafted email to their customer service department will likely net you a refund on shipping. (for those not following at home, I had my 5 GB sets mailed in 5 separate packages)

Judging by my shipping notification for Ellen/Simon, it seems that as interesting as my suggestion of shipping everything in a single box was, they've opted to go with the "mail it whenever and however we feel like" plan again.

I smell another hateful rant coming to MMHQ soon.

I got an e-mail today saying that, from my order, Tory/Anders and Ellen/Simon were canceled from my order. . . . But I am pretty pissed about 40% of the BSG wave being outright canceled.

So are Tory/Anders and Ellen/Simon cancelled from the line? As in, they're not being produced?

If my ordeal concerning the first series of Ghostbusters minimates can serve as an example, then a well crafted email to their customer service department will likely net you a refund on shipping. (for those not following at home, I had my 5 GB sets mailed in 5 separate packages)

Judging by my shipping notification for Ellen/Simon, it seems that as interesting as my suggestion of shipping everything in a single box was, they've opted to go with the "mail it whenever and however we feel like" plan again.

I smell another hateful rant coming to MMHQ soon.

Do they send a tracking # with each shipment, or how does it work? I have 3 sets that have been located in stock for days now with "anticpated delivery" between the 26th and 28th, and I'm wondering if they are really being sent within that delivery time span???...

Edited by mav-man