UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Back from the dead!

Ivan, any chance of me getting a D'anna poster as a new Avatar?? Please?? :blush:

Here are a couple avatar sized, click for 500x500 size.

danna2head090.jpg danna2full090.jpg

Boomer and Baltar are on the way.

I tried to create a 'DSTMatt has a posse' image from the BTTF vid, but what I came up with just doesn't look like him. I'd like to blame the suit :), but the real reason is that human faces are much harder to replicate than Minimate faces.

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ivan, any chance of me getting a D'anna poster as a new Avatar?? Please?? :blush:

Here are a couple avatar sized, click for 500x500 size.

danna2head090.jpg danna2full090.jpg

Boomer and Baltar are on the way.

I tried to create a 'DSTMatt has a posse' image from the BTTF vid, but what I came up with just doesn't look like him. I'd like to blame the suit :), but the real reason is that human faces are much harder to replicate than Minimate faces.

:woot: That is so awsome!! Thanks a million, Ivan!! You seriously have a knack for these.

Got the three sets from Series 1 that I wanted! Whoo! Unfortunately, I think I'm more excited about series 2, but it's still awesome to add those human Cylons to the collection!

And I love that they put Starbuck's tattoo on her arm. Something I hadn't even thought about until I saw it.

I'm sooooooo happy these are back. Re-watching the series(mostly for customizing ideas) again. Can't wait for season 4.5. I'd like to see at least two more waves done. Maybe we'll see Caprica minimates(hint, hint Chuck). There is some potential there(a couple of 4-packs and an exclusive 2-pack). So say we all!!!! :D

My brother just picked up the Apollo and Deanna set for me. I really like them and I appreciate the 2nd opportunity to start picking these up. I went to two TRU's and I've seen both of them fully stocked with the 1st wave. Will pick up Adama and the Razor Cylon next.

When are the miniflyers due in stores? I want one for Lee.

Out of curiosity, did anybody seeing these in the store notice them selling (not including those bought by yourselves, of course)? Both these and the T2 'Mates seem to be warming the pegs much like the Wolvie: Origins figures are at the TRUs that I have been to. I hope this is not a more pervasive problem.

Out of curiosity, did anybody seeing these in the store notice them selling (not including those bought by yourselves, of course)? Both these and the T2 'Mates seem to be warming the pegs much like the Wolvie: Origins figures are at the TRUs that I have been to. I hope this is not a more pervasive problem.

I saw a ton of 'em at my local TRU. I do have some concerns about how well this line will sell. Besides a small community of collectors that may very well all hang out on this forum, I don't see the appeal of BSG Minimates to a wide audience.

When are the miniflyers due in stores? I want one for Lee.

September 6 is the date given, but of course it could vary a few weeks depending on your location.

I saw a ton of 'em at my local TRU. I do have some concerns about how well this line will sell. Besides a small community of collectors that may very well all hang out on this forum, I don't see the appeal of BSG Minimates to a wide audience.

And quite a few folks here pre-ordered them online to be sure they got a set. I have no doubt that these will sell-through since there's only two complete sets (and two extra) per case (though probably slowly) as long as they keep the production numbers relatively small. My fear is that I will clear-out a store only to come back to completely restocked pegs that may not move as fast or even worse delay the stocking of Series 2 and the Mini-flyers. This is where our International brothers (and sister) come in. We really need to start organizing some "Help" threads to get these to those that may not have access to them to keep peg-warming to an isolated minimum. As I've posted many times before, I am willing to help-out anyone looking for these if they'd like to PM me a list of wants (I also have a few extra Stealth IMs, Union Jack/Wonderman, and T2 SWAT packs).

Same here. As long as a member is established, I am more than happy to help out buying these BSG packs from my TRU to sell at cost.

Edited by karamazov80

I'm sooooooo happy these are back. Re-watching the series(mostly for customizing ideas) again. Can't wait for season 4.5. I'd like to see at least two more waves done. Maybe we'll see Caprica minimates(hint, hint Chuck). There is some potential there(a couple of 4-packs and an exclusive 2-pack). So say we all!!!! :D

Ya see, i just watched a bunch of "Makings Of..." for it On Demand, and this was the only thought crossing my mind. I'd love to see some minimates for Caprica, so long as they target the right audience and retailers. I'd actually make them all short-run exclusives, just to stay on the safe side, and then test regular release waters. I also agree to the 1 box-set and 1 2-pack, but i'd actually go 2 2-packs. Hell, if i had to come up with a line-up right now, i'd say:

4-pack:

Daniel Graystone

Joseph Adams [Adama]

Zoe-A

Amanda Graystone

2-pack A:

1st Cylon "Centurion"

Lacy Rand

2-pack B:

Sister Clarice Willow

Sam Adama

I do think, though, that there should be no more production after those packs. It gets out the Main cast (

Unless Ben comes back

), and while the series is perfect for Minimate-ification (kinda...), it doesn't have the somewhat-selling appeal of Battlestar, with the weaponry and hulking machine variations. If sold through the right venue, there is definitely means for success, but DST would have to play the waters VERY smartly if it ever saw production.

Anyone know if they've mentioned making the classic miniflyers ? I remember seeing some prototypse a few years back. Those would be cool.

As a fan of all BSG I would love to see them. It just seems pretty unlikely (without a tie-in) that they'd gamble on any more classic BSG at this point... but you never know. At the moment, I'm just hoping that these modern BSG Exclusives do well enough that we might get a Mk II Viper before the well runs dry.

Can I officialling register my complaint about this line?

They aren't selling and are clogging up the pegs alloted to minimates which I suspect is stopping TRU's from putting out new waves of Marvel or finding room for the ghostbusters mini's here!

I bought a set 2 weeks ago and not another single pack has sold since then!

T.

Can I officialling register my complaint about this line?

They aren't selling and are clogging up the pegs alloted to minimates which I suspect is stopping TRU's from putting out new waves of Marvel or finding room for the ghostbusters mini's here!

I bought a set 2 weeks ago and not another single pack has sold since then!

T.

Well, you did. :P

Ironically, it's Marvel and T2 (series 1) that are currently clogging my TRU; there's only one Starbuck/Leoben pack left. We still haven't got GB yet, but I don't blame it on the 36 T2 packs (an over-zealous restock as there was just 3 a few weeks ago filling pegs next to Marvel and now Terminator fig.s!) or 15 Marvel (minus Bullseye/Moonstone of course) that are lingering.

I've offered to help those needing the BSG wave (several times), but have had no takers. Am I to assume that everyone that was clamoring for these got theirs already, or were a few of you just blowing-smoke? :confused:

No smoke-blowing from me... I seriously wanted this wave and would've snapped up any boardie offers pronto, however I simply have too much going on right now :( Hate to bring up some lame excuses, but long story short is that with school right now (unlike out in the "Western world", the school year here starts at June and "ends" around March-April) and with me still criminally short in both cash and time to track down stuff to trade/start a PayPal account... yeah, my life officially sucks. <_<

Call this one of those depressing times when I really wished I lived in the States, or at least just a stone's throw away from a TRU brimming with brand-new 'mates... God, I want to complete the twelve sooooooooo badly.

I've got my BSG sets & I'm encouraged to hear that your (cdubya) TRU has sold-out because TBT's post was quite negative about the sales. I ,as you surely know, optimistically held out for the completion of this line & I'm getting my wish....

however.......

I am concerned that this line 'has the legs' to last much longer. I'm sorry but it needs to be said & not just to stir things up & I don't want to become a hypocrite saying wonderful things about a wave that isn't stunning. The Black Cylon is cute & the pairings are clever enough to sell but these aren't Wolverines & Iron-Man(s) . I've pre-ordered multiples of every set & ship that exists because I'm a fan but I truly wonder how many of us there are?

I honestly want to be wrong.

I've got my BSG sets & I'm encouraged to hear that your (cdubya) TRU has sold-out because TBT's post was quite negative about the sales. I ,as you surely know, optimistically held out for the completion of this line & I'm getting my wish....

however.......

I am concerned that this line 'has the legs' to last much longer. I'm sorry but it needs to be said & not just to stir things up & I don't want to become a hypocrite saying wonderful things about a wave that isn't stunning. The Black Cylon is cute & the pairings are clever enough to sell but these aren't Wolverines & Iron-Man(s) . I've pre-ordered multiples of every set & ship that exists because I'm a fan but I truly wonder how many of us there are?

I honestly want to be wrong.

BSG fans? Many. Minimate fans? Not so much. The 7" seem to sell pretty quickly, but they are carried in very small batches. While there is no doubt that this line can't last too terribly long, I believe they'd sell through if each store received no more than 2 cases (and the second I'd reserve as a "refresh" after Series 2 hit...if it were my call). My biggest fear is based on what I'm currently seeing with the T2 'mates; the first case sold fairly well (in the course of a month), but then they restocked and there are now 36 packs (I kid you not) in two separate aisles with no signs of movement. As I mentioned above, my closest TRU is nearly sold-out (though I know of another that just received their case), however if it gets restocked like the T2 line did I'm afraid that they will hinder the arrival of Series 2 and the Mini-flyers which are what I personally need an abundance of (for customs and army-building). Here's hoping that they kept the production numbers modest as the first Marvel Exclusives were, otherwise...