UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Back from the dead!

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh......my......Gods......literally i had just had my knees buckle on me...they...they're incredible...and I must have D'anna NOW. She is the shining star of this entire license, for me, and no, not just because she is the first in white.

I don't think i've ever wanted a minimate more. that is just perfect...i'm so happy just to see her, let alone own one...Man, that is great. Oh, and that "undershirt" is actually show-accurate; some scenes she didn't wear the jacket, but a low-cut designer shirt, also in white.

So happy to see her, want her soooooo much more.

Edited by Twisted Two-Face

the picture (frames) were pretty important to the characters they belonged to.

I always thought the picture frames would've been cool if they had had Minimated versions of the pictures inside.

And since the Apollo figure is based on him in the last season or so, I think he is a better likeness. The first one just never did it for me. The hair was too pointy and the face just seemed too generic. The newer one looks more in line with regular Minimates to me. Same with Starbuck and D'Anna. They're not perfect, but they're more Minimatey. I think they tried too hard to make the first 4 waves look like the actors and with this wave they are more Minimate looking. Just my opinion though.

Maybe if we get a third TRU wave we'll get fat Apollo. I think tomorrow I might put him on the Blob's body to see how that works.

Edited by groundhog7s

I don't care much for either one, but may actually prefer the newer one as well, for the reasons that you are talking about, GH. He certainly looks a bit less "dull" and "generic" than the previous version (even if I don't see the likeness, personally). That is almost always a good thing for Minimates, in my opinion.

Edited by karamazov80

GH, quick request. If you can't get pictures of the backs, could you do me a favor and type up a few of them?? Preferably D'anna (well, duh.), Stealth, and Tylium. If you can't do either, it's quite alright. I thank you for thpics we already have and the jealousy i now sport. ;)

Looking at the pictures for once i finally have time to collect my thoughts; i was in "OMG it's the perfect Minimate" shock, as a few of us may know from personal experience:

D'anna: Yeah, THE perfect Minimate. Just sayin. ;)

Lee: Much better than the first in my opinion; love the Season 4 hair, and can't wait to get an extra Red Skull and slap a suit on him. Hey, i'm gonna have A LOT of extra pilot bodies. ;)

Doral: My fourth favorite Cylon (damn, one off), and i'm happy to see him made. I like his simplicity; it works for me...and it actually looks like the actor.

Stealth: Wow. Just wow. Can't wait to army-build these and have them ambush my new SWAT team. That'd be quite a game of laser-tag...

Bill: It's the dress coat, but puffier. I'm happy to see a new Bill (my quick "Tony Stark hair on old Bill" was starting to annoy me) and all, but the loser of the buch to me. I didn't need another dress coat (counting the future Hot Dog first, since we knew about him first)

Razor Cylon: Yeah...he's just a re-pack. Well, the new belt/crotchpiece is nice, i guess.

John: Love it. My Civil War is almost complete, and now i have a ringleader. Now where the hell is Natalie!?! :P

Tylium: Were these ever real Cylons?? That aside, it's nice; a nice little update to the BD "Dirty" Cylon, and i actually like it a lot. Need a few of them now.

Kara: Knew she'd be awsome as soon as i saw DST edit her edited face. The inclusion of the tattoo is great. And i new multiples for the hair and the suit. ;)

Leoben: Yeah...my second-to-least favorite Cylon. Since he is a Cylon i like him a little more than the Bill Minimate, but i just can't get into him. Okay likeness though, i guess.

the picture (frames) were pretty important to the characters they belonged to.

I always thought the picture frames would've been cool if they had had Minimated versions of the pictures inside.

And since the Apollo figure is based on him in the last season or so, I think he is a better likeness. The first one just never did it for me. The hair was too pointy and the face just seemed too generic. The newer one looks more in line with regular Minimates to me. Same with Starbuck and D'Anna. They're not perfect, but they're more Minimatey. I think they tried too hard to make the first 4 waves look like the actors and with this wave they are more Minimate looking. Just my opinion though.

Maybe if we get a third TRU wave we'll get fat Apollo. I think tomorrow I might put him on the Blob's body to see how that works.

LOL

Try Kingpin/Penguin too.

Here's John Cavil and the Tyllium mine Cylon in the tray

100_0918.jpg

Although you can change Cavil's outfit, here needs a collar

100_0919.jpg

Wheee, extra arms! That solves my previous problem, but I'm still buying two. These all look great, hopefully I'll come across these soon since I'm in the Mid-West also.

A few quick questions Groundhog:

Do you have any idea what the case ratios might be (how many of each set)? Apollo seems to be sporting a different shade of green on his flight suit, can you tell if they corrected the "Viper" patch on his right arm (the previous 'mates had them printed upside-down)? Did you spot these by the 7" BSG stuff? Thanks for the pic.s fix!

Tylium: Were these ever real Cylons?? That aside, it's nice; a nice little update to the BD "Dirty" Cylon, and i actually like it a lot. Need a few of them now.

Yeah, they were. It's the "Stealth" and up-coming "Gold" Cylons that never appeared in the series (they're still pretty cool though!). I'll be needing two of each myself. :)

I'll check on the Viper insignia when I get home, but since I got these in the mail the case ratio was one of each in my case. :P

And I'll write up what I can of the backs today or tomorrow.

And as for my first impressions, the coolest moment of opening these was the Stealth Cylon. I took the tray out of the package and was just amazed out how it looked. I think it's the paint they used that you just can't see in the pictures, but it gives it a unique look that's hard to explain. I'm glad they just didn't give us re-packs of Cylons on these, but the Stealth one is very impressive.

I never really collected the BSG Minimates (bought wave 1,never opened them!) but that Starbuck is awesome!

Also I think it's a really great idea to include the mini-bios for the characters as it helps give them more identity.

Thanks for posting the pics. I will definitely get a Lee Adama set and Admiral Adama and that razor cylon. Who knows this may totally get me into the line. Will definitely get the HOt Dog and viper so I can put lee in there.

I just found a case worth of these in Houston (@Willowbrook TRU). In case the ratio hasn't been reported, it's two sets plus 1 extra of the Admiral Adama and Starbuck packs.

Edited by elmeaux

I just found a case worth of these in Houston (@Willowbrook TRU). In case the ratio hasn't been reported, it's two sets plus 1 extra of the Admiral Adama and Starbuck packs.

Good to know, Thanks!

i went back and didn't see it posted, but does anyone know the sku or one of the upc numbers for these?

UPCs as follows:

699788727065 - Leoben & Starbuck

699788727072 - Apollo & D'Anna

699788727089 - Adama & Razor Cylon

699788727096 - Cavil & Tylium Mine Cylon

699788727102 - Doral & Stealth Cylon

On the receipt it just lists them as BSG Mini Mates #1 next to each UPC.

Good to know, Thanks!

Glad to help.

E>

Edited by elmeaux

Just picked these up in the Richmond, VA store. They had one full case, and I can confirm the posted case breakdown. Just an FYI, I called ahead and checked that they had them using one of the UPC codes posted above, and the clerk said they had 12 on hand. I guess each UPC number feeds up into the same SKU number.

Here's some more pics. Here's some side-by-sides of the new and old Viper suits:

100_0930.jpg

100_0936.jpg

And here's one of the real Season Four Lee Adama:

100_0926.jpg

Oh damn man, those paint app.s look 100% better...I may need more than I was originally planning.

Your season 4 Lee is hilarious! Nice score, I'm off to hunt...wish me luck!

Sniffle...sniffle...just got off the phone with a TRU Rep. Somehow they got them in and are out of stock already...sniffle..:(

EDIT: Just realized this after borwsing the Cylon bios on the Battlestar Wiki: GH, Cavil ISN'T supposed to have a collar; the outfit looks more like his black button-up sweater from New Caprica, which was collarless.

Brother_Cavil_Shades.jpg

Sniffle...sniffle...just got off the phone with a TRU Rep. Somehow they got them in and are out of stock already...sniffle.. :(

ALthough that's sad to hear for you, that's good news for the line as a whole. I'd like to think that at the least these will sell better than Wolverine Origins has.

Four TRUs, four of the same song "there's a truck in tomorrow...maybe". :( No new Marvel (though the spot's been bare for a few weeks with a 6/12 sticker on the pegs) or BSG, just lots of T2. Although when I mentioned Minimates, one guy actually said "yeah, we've got Terminator and Ghostbuster Minimates should be arriving soon" which was a good sign. Guess I'll just have to play the waiting game and call before driving (in a torrential-downpour!!) all over two states! I'll be too pissed if I end-up having to resort to BBTS for these. :biggrin:

I got my set yesterday. What a nice wave. Starbuck is a gem. I think she's really the stand out of the set. Other eye-catchers are Cavil, Apollo, and D'Anna (even if her hair is still not quite right). Doral is probably the most boring because... he's just kind of boring. A good likeness, though. I think he could have benefitted from some accessories- a clip board, the bomb device from the miniseries, something to liven it up. The two show-accurate cylons are nice little variations. I think Leoben is a real disappointment. He's been a pretty important character in the show, and the 'mate just doesn't do him justice. It's a fine mate with a fair likeness, it just doesn't have the pizazz that Leoben deserves. The stealth cylon would be a bigger disappointment if I actually cared enough about it to be disappointed. Seriously, toasters are cool and already have plenty of show accurate variations- hand-hands, gun-hands, mortar pack, Red Stripes. Was there really a need to establish this stealth cylon? If I didn't feel a strange need to be complete on this line, I would trade it for something I actually care about.