UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Back from the dead!

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got these in hand and they are amazing! I'm uploading pictures now and will post them as soon as possible (translated-as soon as I can get them done and make dinner for my little rascals).

Awesome! What state GH?

I'll ignore that. <_<

Here's Kara and Leoben. Since the AA blog has shown the package fronts, I didn't take any pictures. Here's the back though (sorry, I didn't take pics of all of them).

100_0907.jpg

Front in tray

100_0909.jpg

The booty shot (to show Kara's suit)

100_0911.jpg

Kara's tatoo

100_0913.jpg

If there's a loser of the bunch, it's Aaron Doral and the Stealth Cyclon. No accessories and Aaron isn't very exciting (I suppose he could be Sulu's brother). The Stealth Cylon, though, does make up some for his lameness.

In the tray

100_0920.jpg

More close-up

100_0921.jpg

Edited by groundhog7s

Wow! ME WANTEE! Does Cavil not come with his cloak and hat in the end then? My brother is currently in America so I may be able to get these from him, but if not I have a back up board member. :)

Here's Adama and Razor Cylon in the tray

100_0922.jpg

And out of it

100_0923.jpg

And a side by side of the Razor Cylon (on the right0 with the previous Razor Cylon. The only difference I can tell is the added crotch piece.

100_0924.jpg

And finally, the best two redo's of any of the characters, Apollo and D'Anna. A big complaint of this line was that the characters didn't always look like the real people. I think these (particularly Apollo) show that that's not an issue.

100_0914_00.jpg

D'Anna's jacket can be removed (for those of you that are into that)

100_0915.jpg

Here's a side by side of Apollo with his earlier version. If they were all this much better, they could re-release all of the line and I wouldn't mind.

100_0917.jpg

Edited by groundhog7s

The skin jobs all look amazing. I cannot wait to add them to my collection. The Cylons are kinda cool, but unneccessary to a long term collector, but make sense to add them for new customers. I'll have to wait and see which Lee I like better. I may swap the heads and hair. Starbuck shines out for me. She looks great, well the face not so much, but the hair and suit are cool.

Edited by Dan

Honestly, I think the first release is a much better likeness to the actor:

When you hold the figure up to that photo I can see what you mean, but looking at it on its own I always found it pretty generic looking... The new face just "suggests" the actor a lot better to me, but obviously it's all personal taste :)

Still think it's a shame they switched out the New Caprica prototype Starbuck face for this one, but maybe I'll make my first attempt at a decal... Otherwise, these look amazing! Thanks for the pics groundhog7s

Edited by battlecat

Do we know, whether these will be available in store?

Typically, TRU marks items "Online Only" when they're not gonna be available in store (see link as an example)

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3166816.

Plus, given that these are exclusives, I'm sure TRU wants them to be visible both online and in Brick & Mortar Stores.

Wow! those are so nice. I can't wait to get them.

EDIT: Wow, not much in the way of accessories like the regular waves. That is kinda a downer.

It's not as if the last BSG waves had a ton of accessories... the Roslin/Zarek set only had an arrow. Pilot sets have the same pistol/helmet combo that comes w/ Apollo. The D'Anna/Eight set had a crappy frame and pistol. Caprica Six & Baltar had that lousy concrete slab. About the only 2 figures that stand out as noteworthy (as fas as accessories go) is Tigh (flask, liquor bottle and spare card-play hand) and CAG Starbuck (with the pilot stein and cigar hand)

It's not as if the last BSG waves had a ton of accessories... the Roslin/Zarek set only had an arrow. Pilot sets have the same pistol/helmet combo that comes w/ Apollo. The D'Anna/Eight set had a crappy frame and pistol. Caprica Six & Baltar had that lousy concrete slab. About the only 2 figures that stand out as noteworthy (as fas as accessories go) is Tigh (flask, liquor bottle and spare card-play hand) and CAG Starbuck (with the pilot stein and cigar hand)

That is my point though. Even though most of the accessories suck (In your opinion), the fact is that they still had them. I just like a little more bang for my buck is all. Maybe I am a little more focused on the one negative thing about this line but it is true. The concrete slab was the coolest thing about that episode and even though they are of no use for minimates or even action figures, the picture (frames) were pretty important to the characters they belonged to.

Looking at this wave it would have been cool if Leoben had a kitchen knife. Or even toss in a couple little containers that we see lying all over the Galactica in every episode.