UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Back from the dead!

Don't know if this is just me, since i live like 5 minutes from a TRU, but this never happens. I usually get orders, if in-stock, like two days later, and noi moatter what i ordered it's always in a box. I'm sorry for all of you with padded or, worse, unpadded envelopes. :(

And i'm jealous that y'all are getting BSG mates on time. I'll have to wait for in-store stocking, which is already unlikely, face scalpers, BSG fans, Minimate completionists, and "Ooo what are these??" people before i get mine. And i neeeed D'anna and a Cylon army. Hey, my SWAT team and future AIM army need someone to fight. :lol:

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My theory on why Wave 1 (and Ghostbusters Wave 1) pre-orders sold out on TRU.com ?

Bigbadtoystore.com

They're offering pre-sales of both... for twice TRU's price. Who wants to bet they have a couple of hundred sets of each pre-ordered to fill their own sales ? I'm sure there are people who A) don't know better or B) are outside the US and can't get these via TRU that are ordering through them.

If I can find these in stores easily enough... fine, more power to them.

If these become hard to find and rare because BBTS and other e-tailers are essentially wide-scale scalping them? Problem.

I've got "item numbers":

Item #: 5837170

Item Name: Exclusive Battlestar Galactica Series 1 Minimates - Doraland Stealth Cylon

Item #: 5837175

Item Name: Exclusive Battlestar Galactica Series 1 Minimates - Caviland Bloody Cylon

Item #: 5837247

Item Name: Exclusive Battlestar Galactica Series 1 Minimates - Leobenand Starbuck

Item #: 5837248

Item Name: Exclusive Battlestar Galactica Series 1 Minimates - Adamaand Razor Cylon

Item #: 5837174

Item Name: Exclusive Battlestar Galactica Series 1 Minimates - D'Annaand Apollo

Edited by karamazov80

I got my e-mail that wave 1 has shipped to mefor tru.com!!!!!! Oh man I am so excited that they are really on their way to me!

I got that email too. Maybe this time it'll ship in more than just an envelope. Dare I hope for a box?

My theory on why Wave 1 (and Ghostbusters Wave 1) pre-orders sold out on TRU.com ?

Bigbadtoystore.com

They're offering pre-sales of both... for twice TRU's price. Who wants to bet they have a couple of hundred sets of each pre-ordered to fill their own sales ? I'm sure there are people who A) don't know better or B) are outside the US and can't get these via TRU that are ordering through them.

If I can find these in stores easily enough... fine, more power to them.

If these become hard to find and rare because BBTS and other e-tailers are essentially wide-scale scalping them? Problem.

Out of curiosity, I checked how many pre-orders were available on BBTS when these and the Ghostbusters sets first went up -- I can't remember which was which, but one line had about 30 of each available and the other was less, under 20 of each I think. Not that that's not still a lot of scalping, but it's not going to clean out the TRU warehouse.

So if they're hard to find it will hopefully just mean that they're popular...

Not that that's not still a lot of scalping, but it's not going to clean out the TRU warehouse.

However, we don't know how many TRU allows for pre-order, either. . .do we (that is to say, did anyone check when these first popped up)? If they only put 40 cases up for pre-order and BBTS takes 30, that's a lot.

Edited by karamazov80

I've got "item numbers":

Item #: 5837170

Item Name: Exclusive Battlestar Galactica Series 1 Minimates - Doraland Stealth Cylon

Item #: 5837175

Item Name: Exclusive Battlestar Galactica Series 1 Minimates - Caviland Bloody Cylon

Item #: 5837247

Item Name: Exclusive Battlestar Galactica Series 1 Minimates - Leobenand Starbuck

Item #: 5837248

Item Name: Exclusive Battlestar Galactica Series 1 Minimates - Adamaand Razor Cylon

Item #: 5837174

Item Name: Exclusive Battlestar Galactica Series 1 Minimates - D'Annaand Apollo

Thanks for the numbers.

I called TRU customer service and they couldn't find the number on their main system. The service rep checked something else and told me that they were sold out. She also said the items were shipped on 6/14.

In case anyone here skips Trek-themed AA blog Q&As (I usually do), thought I'd cut and paste this. Someone complained about Chuck's "cryptic" answers on the status of various products, which I know has bothered some people here in the past, so it was interesting to get his response:

"DSTChuck: We wait as long as possible to “Cancel” an item because we want to exhaust ever possible way to keep an item alive until it has no hope. I try and be as honest as I can in these Q&A’s. If it’s something I am not allowed to say like “BSG Minimates are back in TRU” because the deal is not set in stone or Marketing does not want to say anything yet I try to be vague rather then lie."

Damn, i really am mad at my Mom now. I wanted these so much, and tracking them down is going to be such a b*tch here. :angry:

Whoever gets these first, can i get some detailed pics of D'anna, Aaron, and Stealth and Tylium Cylons?? :blush:

How is this your Mom's fault? <_<

Damn, i really am mad at my Mom now. I wanted these so much, and tracking them down is going to be such a b*tch here. :angry:

Whoever gets these first, can i get some detailed pics of D'anna, Aaron, and Stealth and Tylium Cylons?? :blush:

How is this your Mom's fault? <_<

Haha, i forgot most people haven't read my post in the TRU thread. :sweat:

My Mom is the one with the credit card (I'm 15, and all...), so she takes care of all online purchases. I told her the day of their release on TRU.com that we need to pre-order them that weekend. And that went by. Next week i told her we needed to that night. And i said the same thing the next day. Somehow she managed to be "busy" every night...and then, when she finally says "sure, why not" we grab her credit card, pre-order my SDCC stuff, and get to TRU's site. and no BSG.

That's how.

Well, I also didn't preorder these. I'm also not sure that I'll preorder the others, even though I want them. I think I'll save the shipping and pick them up in-store. Is there any cause to think that they'll be hard to find? I haven't had any trouble finding exclusives before over there.

I don't think there's a problem with getting them in the store. I know I pre-ordered mine because 1) I'm a half hours drive to a TRU and 2) I got 10% off and free shipping because they screwed up an order before. I just pre-ordered both waves, GB series 2, T2 series 2 and the mini-flyers because of the discount, but I'm sure they'll be in stores a plenty.

Do we know, whether these will be available in store?

Logic dictates that these will show up in at least some of the stores. I don't know if TRU has had any online-only exclusives. I know there's a couple of the Minimate box sets available "online only" but they weren't exclusive to TRU.

Of course, I'm still trying to find the 12 T2 sets that my store supposedly has in stock, so I'm sure finding these on shelves in my neck of the woods will be trying at best. Others may be more lucky though.

Do we know, whether these will be available in store?

Yes, well, they SHOULD be. I'd be very, very, VERY suprised and incredibly angry if they didn't.

In otherwords, yes. It's a very good sign.

EDIT: Damn, drgn and i posted at the same second. To add to what he said about online-only, TRU will specify on their site with an "Online Only" symbol underneath any product not available in-store. The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly comes to mind.

Edited by Twisted Two-Face