UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Back from the dead!

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those are nice. I wonder what a case will consist of since there's 5 sets per series? I'm also curious how they're planning on packaging the ships, they way they were originally proposed or some newer hybrid of the boxes? I can't wait for these to start hitting!

Unless I am mistaken, so far at TRU the cases are of 12. With the 5 pack releases, there are at least 2 sets of all releases and 3 sets of the 2 "exclusive" packs (with series 1, it was Stealth IM and Hulk/Abom). If I were to hazard a guess, I would figure this set's 3 releases would be the two of the ones with Cylons.

Edited by karamazov80

Um, so, I've been away at work for the last five days. I came back to find this news, and... whoah. BSG is back? Updated Cavil? All the skinjobs? MINI-FLYERS?!?

I'm not ashamed to say I downloaded in my pants.

I'm convinced that amongst my heap I have some BSG 'spacecraft' that were thrown in from an ebay-seller ........... I'll hunt them out in the next 24 & you can tell me WTF they are!

post-638-1244977185_thumb.jpg post-638-1244977333_thumb.jpg post-638-1244977425_thumb.jpg

On reflection these don't look too much like Vipers but their cockpits are detailed & Kara fits in a treat......any ideas what they are? The crashed ship is by far my favourite for many reasons ;)

I am so thrilled by this news. I really hope we do see the planned 2 waves and Vipers and Raiders. I hope to see some modern Mk II Vipers, as I prefer them but I actually quite like the squashed cartoony look of the Mk VII's.

I need to finish my skinjob collection!

From the AA blog: Miniflyers behind the scenes

Well, it was really great getting a sort-of history of how the mini-flyers came to be from the guys themselves. And we literally have Toys R Us to thank for their comeback:

Thankfully for all the people who wanted to see the Mini-Flyer line produced, toy retail giant, Toys R Us, was looking for a vehicle line to be sold with our various Minimates. The Galactica Mini-Flyers made perfect sense, especially since TRU was exclusively carrying the BSG Minimate Line.

Also, it seems the miniflyers really would have been debuted at Toyfair, but then they had to redo something at the last minute...

Where does this lead the Mini-Flyer line now? Will the Mini-Flyers take their place amongst the various Minimate brand as a staples category? Will there be other Minimates licenses which will have a Mini-Flyer or Mini-Racer joining their ranks?

coughMarvelcough

And you just happened to get these? That's just weird.

Towards the end of last year I bought more than one loose lot of BSG mates esp. Cylons(many Cylons) from the same seller at various intervals. Each time he just seemed to add stuff that were FA to do with the auctions. Each time I thanked him...left excellent feedback ..& the next time he just sent other unexpected 'gifts'. To be honest if there's anybody that wants a couple PM me ....they probably deserve a more appreciative home than the shoebox they're in.

Edited by buttheadsmate

Where does this lead the Mini-Flyer line now? Will the Mini-Flyers take their place amongst the various Minimate brand as a staples category? Will there be other Minimates licenses which will have a Mini-Flyer or Mini-Racer joining their ranks?

coughMarvelcough

CoughT2MotorcycleGhostRiderMotorCycleBlackbirdGoblinGliderEcto1Ect...cough

From the AA blog: Miniflyers behind the scenes

I really love this package art from the gallery link.

Obviously the Raptor is inside her tank-top. Oh Danny, TM2!! Got a present for ya!!

No, i love the control art they gave. Kara looks great there; hope she has that face so i can have an emotionless-to-pissed-to-focused-to-happy Kara chain. :lol: But wait; Lee is also in there!! And...some other guy (Hot Dog?? I only know the big, and semi-big pilots. BTW we need Crashdown :yes:) so hopefully this means that Mk IIs are in store for us!! :thumbsup:

Oh, and Gold Centurion?? WIN.

BTW we need Crashdown

I used the head from the extra VP Baltar on the body of an extra Helo. Not perfect, but it works.

I think a red-stripe would have made more sense than a gold cylon as a groovy variant, but at this point, I'm just happy to get anything. Thanks, TRU, for showing such wonderful support for minimates. Woot.

Hey, didn't Mego release that as a toy?

They released a Spider Car with the Pocket Super Heroes line, but it doesn't look too similar as you compare them. I still have mine.

post-1827-1245117519_thumb.jpg

Edited by karamazov80

Hey, didn't Mego release that as a toy?

They released a Spider Car with the Pocket Super Heroes line, but it doesn't look too similar as you compare them. I still have mine.

post-1827-1245117519_thumb.jpg

I believe you are right. I think I am thinking of the old 12" GI Joe yellow vehicle that had a similar shape. So many toy lines, so little room in the ol' brain :P

Huh, that is cool that they remodeled the Raider to be a bit bigger and more accurate. However, if they had to completely redo these, then why not scrap the MkVII altogether and do the more relevant MkII?!? Unless...no...it's not even possible that they could have more surprises in store, could they? :blink:

No, i love the control art they gave. Kara looks great there; hope she has that face so i can have an emotionless-to-pissed-to-focused-to-happy Kara chain. :lol: But wait; Lee is also in there!! And...some other guy (Hot Dog?? I only know the big, and semi-big pilots. BTW we need Crashdown :yes:)

Hey all,

Yeah, that's Hot Dog with Lee and Starbuck. Great picture.

Pilot_Group.jpg

Take care,

Matty-lad

I daresay that Lee Adama looks even dreamier in Minimate control art than in real life. :lol:

Even "dreamier" if he were say...piloting a Viper MkII (oh please tell me that this art is somehow foreshadowing a third Mini-flyer. Though it'd probably be just another MkVII or maybe he's there simply because he's part of Series 1's line-up)!

Edited by cdubya

Okay, those concepts for the Core Block system that they showed, those look AMAZING. So much better than what we're getting. More in scale and actually worth the money. I mean, if the thing is 7 or 8" long instead of 4", it's worth the price increase.

Okay, those concepts for the Core Block system that they showed, those look AMAZING. So much better than what we're getting. More in scale and actually worth the money. I mean, if the thing is 7 or 8" long instead of 4", it's worth the price increase.

You mean the CAD and line drawings, right? I totally agree, though what we are getting is still slightly bigger than the original prototypes were. I think cost is the biggest reason that we are getting them like this. If they are priced at $14.99 at this scale, imagine the hike if these were more accurately scaled; they probably wouldn't be happening at all.