UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Back from the dead!

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm not really into bsg all that much, but I was reading the line-up, and saw almost everyone comes with a cylon. I think that's kind of cool, because it's a great way to build an army =) like wave one alone gives you what, 3 cylons? I find that cool

As I stated in the other thread, This is cool news. Although the only BSG Minimate I have is Apollo that I bought loose off of Ebay, I hope they do more of the Classic BSG at TRU as well.

There were prototypes of Vipers and Cylon Raiders from a few years back that I hope make it to TRU with one classic of modern pilots.

Holy merry mother of plastic! This is awesome! Resurrection technology.

Now, if my local TRU would shape up, I'd be in buisiness! :banana:

I think this is a bad decision and these will shelf-warm.

But hey, kudos to those BSG fans who never gave up hope.

What, have you not looked at the updated D’Anna Biers? What's not to love, Danny?

I'm thrilled TRU has taken this up. If they sell: great! If they don't, well, TRU is big enough to suck up peg warmers.

Do you collect ANY Minimates based on a TV show that's still on the air? It didn't seem to help 24 Minimates any. And the Ace of Cakes line seems to be growing by leaps and bounds, huh? Jon & Kate Plus 8 'mates gotta be more popular because they have a TV show that's still on.

Well I'm not completely sure, but as I recall the 24 'Mates were initially released in the off-season. Not that releasing them when the show was running would have helped much, as they were very boring looking, but. . .also, the Ace of Cakes was a single release commissioned by his company, but apart from that, they did appear to sell out from his site. There was a fair amount of praise heaped on DST for getting the Origins 'Mates out on time for once, but that didn't help because the 'Mates are really boring and the movie isn't very good. Note that more than one BSG fan here has said that the fact that the show is off the air has led to a lessened interest in these releases, so it isn't just me.

Just like others have said, I am happy for the fans and hope it will sell, but the evidence suggests otherwise. There was a reason these were put on "indefinite hold" in the first place.

Edited by karamazov80

YES!!! I am SO excited! This is awesome news! Just like everything else, I will buy 2 of each. And I'm only on the 3rd episode of BSG, so please, no spoilers.

HEY REMEMBER WHEN

...I don't know. I don't actually watch the show. how are you doing?

Wow that's kind of a surprise!

I wouldn't put money on these selling well or us seeing a second wave though... which of course will restart the 'we only need...' fires a burning again.

T.

p.s. Dinobot I have a major spoiler for you...

Adama Grows an awesome Tash!

Cool light of day thoughts:

I am gladdened that the more optimistic of us here will fulfil our wishes to complete our BSG collections & I couldn't care less whether they peg-warm or not because I'll have mine. The reasons they are getting made have all been put forward in the 'BSG Minimates Cancelled' thread which ought to be closed now (nods to Mods) as it merely clutters the place up* :rolleyes: My one concern is that this line has been resuscitated but will not live long & for the sake of other Minimate credibility in the 'blue of the eye of Mr.TRU' ....I hope they don't push their/our luck & 's-t-r-e-t-c-h' this line again.

*I am serious about that issue....we now have four current threads which are discussing this 'earth-shattering' news (?) & it is difficult to stay 'on thread' let alone 'on topic ' :thumbsup:

Edited by buttheadsmate

Wow that's kind of a surprise!

I wouldn't put money on these selling well or us seeing a second wave though... which of course will restart the 'we only need...' fires a burning again.

T.

p.s. Dinobot I have a major spoiler for you...

Adama Grows an awesome Tash!

Would somebody please ban this negative-Nancy?!? Oh fuuudge, they've gone and made him a mod; talk about a license-to-kill! :tongue:

Seriously though, cheer the f-up or I'll report you to...well, you! ;)

I knew we'd get more BSG! This is great news and the remainder of the skinjobs will really help bring closure to this line.

And I'm only on the 3rd episode of BSG, so please, no spoilers.

SO SAY WE ALL!

Ummm.... Just knowing the wave lineups is a pretty big spoiler. I met the guy that played Romo Lampkin (You'll meet him later) at NYCC. According to the conversation we had, in a gathering of fans, after 24 hours you cant complain about spoilers. Good luck avoiding them on a BSG thread. I do envy you. I wish I could watch the series over again and be surprised at all the twists and turns.

I wasn't a buyer of BSG mates the only packs that I got was the classics boxsets but I'm glad they have returned. Its enough to give hope for other lines, but I'm not looking forward to seeing all the necro threads along the lines of BSG was revived they should bring back license X etc.

If your a fan of whatever discontinued minimate line email AA or TRU dont post it here we have seen it all before.

Would somebody please ban this negative-Nancy?!? Oh fuuudge, they've gone and made him a mod; talk about a license-to-kill! :tongue:

Seriously though, cheer the f-up or I'll report you to...well, you! ;)

Not sure there is anything in the guidelines about being a realist, :) The last two waves were clearanced and the show is now off air, half of these are character redo's or civilian looking mates (anyone else noticed the one line of marvel that is pegwarming is the wolverine wave that suffers the same costume issue?), its not looking favourable no matter what sort of attitude you throw at it.

I hope I'm wrong and you get two waves, or at least enough to get the missing cylons etc. For my own part I won't be rushing out to buy these.

T.

I for one will be all over buying these the second they show up at the store or become available on the website I am so excited for these I won't even mind paying for shipping if they show up on the website first!

The last two waves were clearanced...

I don't think anyone can base how this wave will do based on the last two waves lack of success. The sculpts and selection are much better (as seen in the picture above), I'm assuming packaging will be different/better and it's guarenteed to be at retail. The last few couples waves were bought by people looking for them on-line for the most part, while this wave will be in the largest toy store inthe US right next to more BSG product (that seems to be selling well). I think TRU selling these makes it a whole new ball game for BSG mates. I'm not saying they'll fly off of the shelves, but I'm betting my money on a series 2 showing up there.

TRU does seem willing to put time and money into more than one wave before giving up. There-in lies my hope.

More than that, TRU's interest in varied lines bodes well for other stuff. The only past license I'd light a candle for is Star Trek, but perhaps some exciting new licenses will come about.

I knew we'd get more BSG! This is great news and the remainder of the skinjobs will really help bring closure to this line.

And I'm only on the 3rd episode of BSG, so please, no spoilers.

SO SAY WE ALL!

Ummm.... Just knowing the wave lineups is a pretty big spoiler. I met the guy that played Romo Lampkin (You'll meet him later) at NYCC. According to the conversation we had, in a gathering of fans, after 24 hours you cant complain about spoilers. Good luck avoiding them on a BSG thread. I do envy you. I wish I could watch the series over again and be surprised at all the twists and turns.

AH! I thought of that. I've been skimming BSG threads for the last few years, careful not to read any names. The pictures are awesome, but it's not like you can tell who some of the characters are. You see? My plan is brilliant! Never go up against a Sicilian when death of on the line!

(anyone else noticed the one line of marvel that is pegwarming is the wolverine wave that suffers the same costume issue?)

Really?! That's pegwarming near you?! The only thing my TRU has is Heroes/Villains wave. WO was in stock twice and sold out in days both times.