UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Back from the dead!

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Internet still appears to be intact. I guess this will appease the dozen or so BSG freaks here, though I'm not entirely sure that it is a good business decision. . .particularly after the show has gone off the air.

I think what might break it is the fact that a line that was practically cancelled has come back very strongly. This will breathe new hope into fans of all cancelled toy lines. In fact, I'm sure someone will be posting soon in the SFII thread that there's still a chance for them to come back at TRU. And it will break the internet into two groups of people-those that still hope to see Rocky 3 mates and those that are sane. Maybe that's what Chuck meant.

The greatest sci-fi show brought to us by the "greatest toy store"; I knew they wouldn't let us down! This show is a rare sci-fi cult phenomenon that will do nothing but grow as more people become aware of it on DVD...mark my words. This is great news, I hope it does well as there's a few more things I like to see (Simon, Ellen, Hotdog, etc...perhaps a TRU exclusive Col. Marine? Oh, and ships; please give us some Mini-flyers!!. Did I mention that I'm starting to love TRU lately?!? :highfive2:

*I normally do not abide by "high-fives", but in this particular case I'm willing to make an exception! Yea!

Edited by cdubya

And it will break the internet into two groups of people-those that still hope to see Rocky 3 mates and those that are sane. Maybe that's what Chuck meant.

Hmm. . .perhaps. Though I don't think those hoping for Rocky 3 would be nuts. How could a Minimate set with both Mr. T and Hulk Hogan not sell?! I still can't believe we never got those :verymad:

Edited by karamazov80

I dunno - yes, the show is off the air, but it's got such a following. With some spin-off projects coming, and a wider audience in TRU customers, these might have a shot at selling. If not, I can get some great customs parts cheap when they go on clearance.

And it will break the internet into two groups of people-those that still hope to see Rocky 3 mates and those that are sane. Maybe that's what Chuck meant.

Personally I'm still hoping for the Cerealmates to be produced....

For some odd reason this news has given me an involuntary heart attack. Finally, the rest of the skinjobs!!! :D

(Right now I have Seasons 2 and 3 on DVD waiting to be watched. I'm dizzy with anticipation... it's like BSG never ended for me! ;))

Just saw the AA post in my RSS feeder. I squealed with delight, and am thrilled to be able to not only get the characters that were teased before, but some all new designs, too. This is awesome. (Fancy-dress Adama is an upgrade to fancy-dress Hotdog fo' sho'.)

Surely this means 100% that Street Fighter will now be coming out.

;-)

But, seriously, maybe Trek??

figures. I go to the trouble of making customs, and they find a way to get them out. Oh well, I suppose it was bound to happen. But seriously, this is good news. I guess now I'll be putting some customs back into the parts bin. My one complaint: what did they do to starbuck's face?

Frakkin' awesome news. Are they really hitting in JUNE? [checks calendar... grins]

Internet still appears to be intact. I guess this will appease the dozen or so BSG freaks here, though I'm not entirely sure that it is a good business decision. . .particularly after the show has gone off the air.

Do you collect ANY Minimates based on a TV show that's still on the air? It didn't seem to help 24 Minimates any. And the Ace of Cakes line seems to be growing by leaps and bounds, huh? Jon & Kate Plus 8 'mates gotta be more popular because they have a TV show that's still on.

Seriously, it wasn't until X-Men Origins: Wolverine that Minimates had a timely tie-in and it was a movie. (Not even a good movie, from what I've read.)

This isn't just good news for BSG fans, it's good news for Minimates fans in general. It means that TRU is enjoying some pretty good sell-through with the little guys or else they wouldn't bother giving them another chance. This may even indicate some hope for Minimates based on TV series that haven't been on the air for a lot longer.

Now DC fans need to contact TRU and beg them to find a way to offer DC Minimates.

I'm not happy with all the mates in this wave, especially new Lee, but overall I am chuffed with this and will be getting all the cylons, skinjobs and chromes, and Bill Adama. I will of course need help from an american boardie for this, but I'm sure with you wonderful guys that won't be a problem. :)

I'm a bit skeptical about this as well.

Still, maybe TRU will reach a wider audience than the LCS and these will move accordingly. Toys R Us seems to have some faith in the license if they're on board for a second series of exclusives with other potential products beyond that.

Now DC fans need to contact TRU and beg them to find a way to offer DC Minimates.

I think that could happen if DCD made themselves easy to contact. If you could hit them on both fronts, it might work. But DCD seems to have made it hard for fans to find ways to let them know what they want (at least as far as I've seen).

Edited by groundhog7s

I think that could happen if DCD made themselves easy to contact.

I'd leave DCD out of the equation. TRU is mass market, not specialty. I'd go right over their heads to Warner Bros. Consumer Products and propose a line of DC Minimates exclusive to TRU. That might be enough to make Mattel comfortable (since we're trying to avoid stepping on their toes in this contractual dance).

Besides, when the largest toy retailer in the world asks for DC Minimates, I guarantee you WBCP will look for a way to make it happen, even if they have to wait a bit for Mattel's agreement to come up for renewal so they can change the language.

Toys R Us seems to have some faith in the license if they're on board for a second series of exclusives with other potential products beyond that.

Like I said, if Minimates weren't moving, TRU would pass and stick to traditional product. Apparently the Marvel 'mates are doing well enough.

And they must be happy with their BSG sell-through, too, or they'd pass in favor of another licensed property.

This could mean good things for other licenses. Star Trek leaps to mind. (When will that DVD hit stores?)