UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Lackeys Update 11/1/11 The Doctor is In

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really dig 'em. It helps that they're packaged with the end-all, be-all awesome Iron Man so it doesn't hurt me quite as much when I (eventually) will buy a heap of 'em to use. Some of my favorite comic books are the 1960's Tales of Suspense issues where Cap, Nick Fury and Agent 13 (Sharon Carter) go up against these guys and MODOK.

Damn, I wish we had a MODOK.

Then we could do this:

http://www.coverbrowser.com/image/tales-of-suspense/94-1.jpg

I really dig 'em. It helps that they're packaged with the end-all, be-all awesome Iron Man so it doesn't hurt me quite as much when I (eventually) will buy a heap of 'em to use. Some of my favorite comic books are the 1960's Tales of Suspense issues where Cap, Nick Fury and Agent 13 (Sharon Carter) go up against these guys and MODOK.

Damn, I wish we had a MODOK.

Then we could do this:

http://www.coverbrowser.com/image/tales-of-suspense/94-1.jpg

Well, Marvel just announced a Super Hero Squad Modok; at least it's sorta close (if smiling)....

I really love that breakdancing AIM agenet in the second pic in front of Hulk. :tongue:

I could've sworn he was doing that move from The Matrix. :confused:

And for the love of all that's good and holy Luke, how DID you ever procure that many AIM agents? Buy two cases? :blink:

I really love that breakdancing AIM agenet in the second pic in front of Hulk. :tongue:

I could've sworn he was doing that move from The Matrix. :confused:

And for the love of all that's good and holy Luke, how DID you ever procure that many AIM agents? Buy two cases? :blink:

*gasp* the only way to get that many is to BE an aim agent! (dun dun dunnn)

Yes indeed. :D

I wanted a ton of AIM Agents, and there are some awesome parts for customs in this wave, like IM's boot and wrist cuffs, Skaar's barbarian parts and sword, Red Skull's chest pieces, and Cap's gun and knife.

I know right!! I thought it was good having...oh yeah. My friggin LCS hasn't stocked these yet. :angry:

And i plan to get more HYDRAs and SHIELD soldiers than any of these, so we'll see how my AIMS take being one-uped. Yes, ONE-uped, not two, by both HYDRA and SHIELD. If you don't know what i mean, read Secret Warriors. ;)

I really, really think that they aught to look at army builder four packs as exclusives to some of the smaller shows. Maybe in very limited runs, 1000 sets, just to test the waters. I think they'd sell. But then, when you can get a couple of Luke's out there buying two full cases for the army builders (and the parts of course, let's not forget the parts. Now we know how that organizer got so full), why bother cutting the profit just to sell some sets?

I keep thinking about the army-builder dilemma and the problem always seemed to be that in practice such packs have better served the hardcore collectors than the casual buyers. Or so I heard.

Maybe DST can do something similar to what mattel did with DC Infinite Heroes: a set including 2-3 army builders and some big-name/theme-relevant character. DCIH had Lex Luthor plus two of his lackeys, Commissioner Gordon plus two SWAT guys, Hawkman plus two Thanagarian warriors, etc. MODOK + AIM guys sounds like a pack begging to be made, not to mention the other possibilities: Hellfire Club, The Hand, Kree soldiers + Ronan the Accuser, Shi'ar soldiers + Lilandra...