UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Regarding the AA Site...

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After a while there were complaints about info being withheld so that it could be put in the newsletter, and other assorted grumblings.

I can confirm the above statement as true. I got images from Tristan (Jonathan) (with supposed blessings from Tim) of the C3 Batcycle, Batcopter and this one:

thebatman1.jpg

to post over at LOG. Tim and Jonathan were frustrated that they could not release the images to the AACC, since they were being held for the newsletter.

I still have the emails. Yeah, I'm a pack rat when it comes to email documentation. (You should see my folder of stuff on the company that cannot be named.... :lol: )

BTW, I do want to say, on Mark's behalf (FHC), he was sending items to members on his own dime and, as far as I rembember, he was never reimbursed. Don't know if that's still the case today, but I know while the old forums were up, he had not gotten anything from Tim or AA for his shipping expenses.

^^^And that's utterly apalling! Mark's the salt of the Earth, and that's the kind of thing he would do to help folks out and it makes me mad that he wasn't reimbursed by AA.

Yeah, the whole AACC thing was quite a mess. I refused to join, and I'm really glad I did.

This implied people could receive prototypes or test shots or something cool, but instead people got paper clips and rubber bands. He was trying to be funny, but making jokes around upset people only makes them more upset. The only thing I remember people getting in the 'grab bag' that wasn't office supplies was a Darth Maul watch. Not a popular item. :)

That is also...apalling. :angry:

Ady, going to apologize upfront if this brings your forum any heat, it's not the intention. I just feel that if AA is truly concerned about some of the things that were and are going on, they should read members outlook on how things went down. For the life of me, I cannot understand why it always gets to this point with them. My feeling is between MPL, Ivan and Ady, everyone should be up to speed on things. So lets get some of the positive mojo back in the forum and leave the negative elsewhere ;)

• 1 month later...
Happened to run across this public outpouring of affection from AA. Couldn't help registering just to give Santa an idea or twenty.

As always, I'm not holding my breath. It'd be great if others get what they have so long deserved as well.

Heh missed that last month when it was posted, so 30 days later, anyone heard anything?

You guys sound shocked that they haven't sent you anything. I would be shocked that they even mentioned it. They aren't soryy and i doubt they even give a crap.

The old thread rumbles on and on..........

PL when you eventually do get your steaming pile from AA, you will remember to post a picture won't you?! :lol:

It was two months ago I posted about what a sad place the AA forum has become, well it just got a little sadder because this morning I deleted my account. Although ~ get this ~ you have to have the deletion approved by one of the mods! :lol:

So you can't actually leave without permission! :P:P

I tried to stay loyal to the first online community I ever joined (three and a half years ago), but many of the smartest posters have already left and some the people left fling childish crap at you when you're not exactly thrilled at the latest, pointless, TOS head swap variants, and therefore refusing to rain kisses upon AA/DST's ass ~ regardless as to how well you state your reasons ~ made it real easy!

PL when you eventually do get your steaming pile from AA, you will remember to post a picture won't you?! :lol:

flaming-bag-of-shit.jpg

Sorry to hear you deleted your account but as we're harshly reminded from time to time you can't always go back. We're better off with more fond memories than bad ones. Even though I left AA with a bad taste in my mouth, I consider my time spent there worthwhile if only because it spawned communities like this and others, where folks can actually be tolerant of a variety of opinions.

Sad to see you've had to delete yourself Jules, I rarely post there, and when I do they tend to be ignored. As Rad said youa re always welcome here.

The AA board has always been turbulent, and as PL said time there was worthwhile as its lead to places where we can be a bit more open with our opinions and not be flamed for them... its so interesting that I've probably only had to raise my voice once in a thread here in the six months we've been up.

Thanks guys!

MRPL: I LMFAO! I've got to ask, did you get some nice paper clips embedded in that too? :P:P

TBH, I'm really not sad about deleting my account at AA, and I guess that shows to what degree I've found the new forum so demoralizing. There's no community spirit: just a bunch of mean-spirited sniping from people who seem to go there just to do that, and most of the threads are as dull as ditch-water. I don't feel like I left the AA forum today...I actually think I left it behind when the other forum went down!

Anyway, I shall look back fondly at the good old days and be grateful that out of it derived two great new forums and loadsa friends.

....and MRPL can thank AA for making his roses nice and healthy. :lol::lol: