UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Regarding the AA Site...

I'm just making it clear than the MMMV is not carrying the banner of the upset ex-moderators.

Very true.

Im actually starting to get REALLY FUCKING FED UP off this topic.

Yes MMMV was born from the ashes of the old AA board but thats where it ends.

And while it may be nothing to do with this place as such, people read this board, you wouldnt believe who some of our members and lurkers really are and stuff like this makes us all look like a bunch of whining babies who cant let go more than anything.

We should all be the bigger man and move on. Hell it was OVER 6 MONTHS AGO!

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ady and the rest of the MMU, apologies. I'm sorry that I didn't take my own advice and leave whatever grievances in the appropriate forum. Since that's the advice I suggest in the forum I moderate in. For those who know me, they know I have the best intentions in regards to bringing closure. But consider the matter closed and I hope that none of my comments were detrimental to the forum. I have nothing but respect for the hard work that everyone puts in this community.

...people read this board, you wouldnt believe who some of our members and lurkers really are ...

Now you've really got me wondering! :tongue:

As an American friend once said to me when I was determined to have 'closure' on something entirely unrelated to any message board ~ but in the real world ~ "Jules, we have a saying: you can't argue with City Hall!" In Britain, we don't have City Halls, but I really got the point: you can make your case known, but it probably won't change a damn thing, and in the end that's the only satisfaction you ever get.

Once upon a time, being beyond anger at the way my ten year-old daughter was treated by the headmaster of her previous school, I demanded a meeting with him and ignoring the fact that this guy thought he could turn me round in ten minutes, I sat in his office for a full 45 minutes telling him exactly what I thought of his autocratic, bullying, arrogant ways, and argued him into the ground. It made fuck-all difference in the end, but I enjoyed making him feel very uncomfortable even though I knew I probably wouldn't get him to change.

It's best to regard the various threads over at AA in the same vein. People have aired their grievances over there and they have largely been supported by the memebership. But nothing will happen, and nothing will change, but you can bet it made a few people over there uncomfortable, so it's a result of a kind. Let's be satisfied with acheiving that. Crikey, if the penny hasn't dropped by now, it never will, but things have gone as far as they can.

The AA forum is dead ~ it just doesn't know it yet. It needs an exorcist to help it pass over to the other side :tongue: :tongue:

• 1 month later...

I just wanted to mention that I finally got the swag Adam mentioned a few months ago thanks to The Donster's mediation. Still wish things could have been handled differently from the start but I'm ready to move forward. I just hope my comrades are as satisfied with their consolation prizes as I am.

Thanks again, Don, for the follow through. It paid off AND made my week. ;)

I just wanted to mention that I finally got the swag Adam mentioned a few months ago thanks to The Donster's mediation. Still wish things could have been handled differently from the start but I'm ready to move forward. I just hope my comrades are as satisfied with their consolation prizes as I am.

Thanks again, Don, for the follow through. It paid off AND made my week. ;)

Whadja get?

No worries MPL, glad I could help :) Like you, I was pleasantly suprised with what I received. AA managed to merge both of my loves, Trek and Minimates and sent me TOS set from back in the day and some other misc. stuff. Like you, I'm ready to move forward with things. While we can all agree things could have been handled better, I have no ill will towards AA and wish them only the best. I appreciate them taking time out of their busy schedules to handle things personally. I'm still a fan of your stuff, regardless of the past :thumbsup:

Okay will do thanks for the heads up. P.S nice forum ady!