UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Regarding the AA Site...

MPL, I always figured you for some AA zombie. Your posts were always very insightful and you did a great job of staying even tempered as a Mod which I can seriously appreciate (seeing as I was one of the thorns in your side), but I was always suspicious of your "look on the brightside" posts in the AACC boards. I realize now that you were just being diligent and trying to keep the peace, but I think we all wondered what drugs/mind control the AA guys had you on.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...and since everyone has gone silent on this thread, I want to make sure you know I'm not intending to beat up on you MPL. Just reflecting on the past and how I was wrong to assume. You're cool in my book, not that that is any comfort...

Your posts were always very insightful and you did a great job of staying even tempered as a Mod which I can seriously appreciate (seeing as I was one of the thorns in your side), but I was always suspicious of your "look on the brightside" posts in the AACC boards.

I had "look on the brightside" posts? Me? As I recall I was either slamming AA early on or, as a Mod, trying VERY hard to be neutral so AA would allow me to keep the peace. I got reamed once or twice for criticizing AA as a Mod, but as far as I was concerned the position never came with a muzzle. If AA didn't want me shooting my mouth off about their business plans then they shouldn't have appointed the guy who exchanged F-bombs with Digger to moderate thier message board.

You're cool in my book, not that that is any comfort...

You were always cool in my book, Shane. It's not always easy to put yourself in other people's shoes. We all learned something about tolerance on that board. I just wanted to keep the poo-flinging to a minimum and – believe it or not – keep folks from being suspended or banned.

I still wish PMK had taken my advice in the AACC forum. I tried like hell to reason with him because he was a good guy with legitimate gripes but seemed hellbent on playing the martyr. I hated to lose him. I don't like seeing people stifled but when things got hairy that's exactly what Tim's kneejerk reaction was.

• 1 month later...
Woo I no longer have an account there! I've joined Jules in her deletion!

Well, I'm right behind you on that one Ady :whistling: So, mind the door as your exiting :thumbsup: I pm'd so folks that I used to talk with on a regular basis and gave them my new address, depending on what they collected. I think between Star Trek, BSG and Mates, we've all found better places to spend our time. Anyway, that's all I have to say about that, onto better things :biggrin:

well its inactive until one of their staff finally deletes me... if they ever do)

Do they even have a staff anymore? That place is a ghost town...

Lol yup, I was fed up of doing their job (as in answering questions and providing links) so I figured if I didnt have an account the temptation to be nice would vanish :P

Lol yup, I was fed up of doing their job (as in answering questions and providing links) so I figured if I didnt have an account the temptation to be nice would vanish :P

I know what you mean Ady but I feel so bad for not posting links and answering questions. The fans that have been around for awhile have come to expect this from AA but it must really be off-putting for people who are new to the forum.

See thats the problem and why I deleted my account, I felt bad too so I posted them and the only way to stop myself was the deletion (old habits die hard), but if we all stopped one of two things would happen:

1. AA would notice that their board is full of people that dont get answered, and do something about it.

2. The people would go to google and come here, the HQ or TrekToy.com

Both of those outcomes are better than the current mess. I refuse to support a company whom doesnt support its fans

I can definitely see where Ady is coming from, although I do feel bad that we are leaving peopel on that board in the, er, lurch, so to speak.

Still, I'm sure many different Minimate sites are available via google so it's up to them really :)

Gotta admit, I rather like the recent posts by 'The Truth' over there.....

Make interesting reading, Im assuming its someone we know, but could be some crazed lurker... Im guessing its one of the people I told to "play nice" with them a bit back, and now that I've deleted myself they're going for the kill!

^^ yes lets blame it all on Ady, he left and the gloves came off and AA forum is falling a part... or was it already... not entirely sure.

cheers,

Tk

\/\/ I agree with TBT, said it numerous times... but there is lots of love here :D

Wow, that got ugly fast... The amusing part is that all those that are calling him/her/it a badly informed troll seem to know less about the state of play than he/she/it does.

It's days like this that make me glad I decided not to post there anymore. Can I say thank you once more Ady for giving us a safe refuge from the 'joys' of the AA boards.

T.

It's days like this that make me glad I decided not to post there anymore. Can I say thank you once more Ady for giving us a safe refuge from the 'joys' of the AA boards.

T.

Let me second or tenth that sentiment TBT :thumbsup: Ady, I think it's best that you and alot of folks have hung their spur's in a new corral :D To be honest, there's nothing wrong with concentrating on your forum and not bothering keeping folks informed on the Minimates news in both forums. I think you've created a nice environment for everyone here and this is where the buck needs to stop. Thanks again for all your hard work, keep it up :)

Gotta admit, I rather like the recent posts by 'The Truth' over there.....

Make interesting reading, Im assuming its someone we know, but could be some crazed lurker... Im guessing its one of the people I told to "play nice" with them a bit back, and now that I've deleted myself they're going for the kill!

Yeah, just caught up with this required reading and definately see a air or familiarity to it Ady ;) Definately agree with Reid, the poster definately brings up some valid points to say the least. It's unfortunate that once someone goes against the grain they are labeled a troll though :mellow: How folks can be ok with time and time again things not being delivered. As The Truth pointed out, AA and the staff need to stop dangling the carrot, then folks wouldn't chew their arms off every 3-6 months when they finally get feed up with the lame excuses :rolleyes: Like I said, I'm not going to miss it. I appreciate the hard work folks put in here to get me my Minimate news, whether it's the staff or just regular members. As I said before, keep it up gang and I'll continue to contribute :thumbsup:

I've got no problem informing people of what's going on over at the DC Direct boards when it comes to Minimates, and I fly Ady's flag proudly when they ask where I get my info. DC Direct has a similar issue with its online community in that the powers that be never talk to them. There's the rare interview once in a while where they insist they're reading but they've NEVER interacted the way AA used to and even DST does now (loving those Q&As). We've got a sculptor or two on that board, but that's it. No one on staff. At least not openly.

If DCD actually held a Q&A with their consumers on that board... :blink:

There's really almost nothing going on over at the AA boards, so I don't see the point of going over there. Not to mention that their site isn't firewall/security friendly, so I'm actually forced to not go. :P I can't even get to the required reading.

All the real required reading is right here. I don't even have that site bookmarked. It's a shadow of its former self. Makes places like this truly appreciated in my book.

So long as I've got the licensee's ear here, I've no reason to go elsewhere. B)