UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Regarding the AA Site...

Okay I'm incredibly glad I've got the support of pretty much all of you but I'd like to ask you all to do something for me.

Stop posting links back here from there, I know there is tension between the two communities at present, or at least certain members of certain regimes but all we are gonna do is make ourselves looks silly if we keep linking back here at every opportunity.

Personally I'd rather people not post with links back here, most minimate fans know where to find us.

Cheers fellas/ladies/people of indeterminate gender

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stop posting links back here from there, I know there is tension between the two communities at present, or at least certain members of certain regimes but all we are gonna do is make ourselves looks silly if we keep linking back here at every opportunity.

I was going to suggest this same thing. I don't care whats going on at other sites and if I did, I wouldn't come here to find it out...

Just to clarify for me, what you guys are requesting is that we please don't go to the AA forum and post links to MMMV with comments like "it was here at the Multiverse first" and "the info is better here (at MMMV)" and so on.

You are asking this because you don't want community members to have arguments over which forum is better, etc. That makes sense to me because it really doesn't make sense for 'battle lines' to be drawn up.

But it is ok for members to take info from the AA forum and repost here, correct? Like posting the pic of the new X-Men box set Minimates uploaded by Neo today.

Minimate Multiverse is simply more robust and suits my tastes better than the AA forum. But I know some members will enjoy reading both forums. I just hope discussions happen here about what's happening at the AA forum. It would save me from having to follow two sites.

Just to clarify for me, what you guys are requesting is that we please don't go to the AA forum and post links to MMMV with comments like "it was here at the Multiverse first" and "the info is better here (at MMMV)" and so on.

You are asking this because you don't want community members to have arguments over which forum is better, etc. That makes sense to me because it really doesn't make sense for 'battle lines' to be drawn up.

Correct sir!

But it is ok for members to take info from the AA forum and repost here, correct? Like posting the pic of the new X-Men box set Minimates uploaded by Neo today.

Totally anywhere is fair game for sourcing news from

Minimate Multiverse is simply more robust and suits my tastes better than the AA forum.

You flatter us with this talk :P

Yeah, there's a AA board MPL. Unfortunately our invitations were lost in the mail or some such :rolleyes:

This ought to just about do it for me over at the official forum...

http://artasylum.com/forum/index.php?topic=201.0

reideen1313

Fresh Meat

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You want constructive criticism about your 'fresh start' here on the new forums? Here you go.

Due to productions delays, all orders on the DC MINIMATES WAVE #1 (MAY060253), WAVE #2 (MAY060254) and WAVE #3 (MAY060255) have been cancelled. These items will be resolicited at a later date.

That's from today's DC Direct update. Nothing to 'confirm with AA' - it's already been confirmed by DC.

Another example of how you're still the last to know about what the company is doing - or, if not the last to know, the last to announce, making it difficult for fans to care about coming to this forum, much less AA's site when we can find the news quicker elsewhere.

Regarding the 'mates being included with the Ultimate Avengers 2 dvd:

Quote from: Morpheus on 07/30/06 07:49 AM

How do you know about this? I thought it was pretty hush hush...

I'm pushing for a Civil War Minimates 2-pack line.

Quote from: Morpheus on 07/30/06 11:55 PM

Quote from: AdyCarter on 07/30/06 10:03 AM

http://www.minimatemultiverse.com/index.ph...pic=494&hl=

Thats where the news leaked out.

OK I hope to be able to supply this info to you all before it leaks out via TRU staff

It is true.

Quit being the last to know bout AA product. I realize to accomplish this, you'll actually need to get some input/support from AA proper, but instead of just talking about it - maybe you should actually do it - kind of a show me, rather than tell me approach.

Actually come through on the things you say you're going to do. Here's a couple of examples.

Where are the Cereal 'mates pics Morpheus promised?

Quote from: Morpheus on 08/04/06 07:26 PM

Ha! I guess you all know already because there is no way my obscure hint would have gotten you guys so close.

OK so you know - we'll drop images next week for you all.

That was 8/4. Today is 8/15. 11 days later and no pics. When are these going to be shown?

Also, Morpheus mentioned that the Darktide contest winners would be announced soon - he did this on 8/2. For some reason, that post is missing now... Anyway - when is this going to be resolved?

Those issues make it diffiicult to believe something like this:

Quote from: Morpheus on 08/13/06 01:22 AM

We'll be having some big contests for all Minimates customizers again with the new board regime so sure there will be more back soon. We're looking for new ideas as well as help on doing some of the new ones we have coming out so definitely stay tuned - plus prizes and special stuff we'll be throwing out to those that contribute to the these forums.

when you haven't come through on the previous contests and looks at new product you've talked about doing. Seems like you're sliding right back into the old forum way of doing things - promising the moon and coming through with .

Quote from: Morpheus on Today at 01:38 AM

Thanks Shanester and Timbo - please contribute positive thoughts going forward...

Here's a 'positive thought' for you to go forward with. If you don't change how you're doing things on the forum now, you'll end up with the same result as the last attempt at running a forum. That, I'm positive about.

Oh, and one last thing - it might be nice of you - the current administration and AA in general - to respond to this thread http://artasylum.com/forum/index.php?topic...msg1918#msg1918 - since you're always watching the forum. It would show that you appreciated the efforts of those that built AA's fan base. Of course, you may not want to acknowledge those folks. It's up to you.

:D

Well put, Reideen, very well put.

I have left AA two voice mail messages today, sent numerous emails. I have the Q&A #2 questions sent in with no response and as for the images Morpheus spoke of, you need to ask him. I will post BSG stuff later this evening however.

In the past, I have not been completely open with you members of the forum and I think since we're starting "fresh", I will be completely open - so there you have it. I've put in numerous requests to AA with no response. I am sitting waiting for anything at this point.

So yeah I totally agree - seeing as this is their forum and their website it would be nice if they stepped up and gave us info before its everywhere else. I totally agree.

When/If I hear anything from them I will post ASAP.

- Brandon

^^^ That's part of Brandon's response - and my question is: first, why wasn't he completely open in the past? Isn't that his job?

And secondly, why doesn't AA have someone with actual access to information overlooking the forum? What's the point of having an admin team that knows less than the members?!

^^^ That's part of Brandon's response - and my question is: first, why wasn't he completely open in the past? Isn't that his job?

And secondly, why doesn't AA have someone with actual access to information overlooking the forum? What's the point of having an admin team that knows less than the members?!

You should post this over there and see what they say...

Ok Guys I have zero official capacity here but hope that I have some respect, so I'm saying this for what I see is the good of our forum.

Reideen was right to speak his mind at AA if he has issues, and his post here was amusing...

HOWEVER I dont want this to become "post there then come here to tell tales of what you posted", if people want to read it they can go look.

The Issue is really one to be dealt with over at AA not here.

I understand we are a very heavily tied to the AA site and that there is going to be some crossover but lets try to not to just let it become a bitch fest at AA because someone had the nerve to question their site.

As I said I have no official authority here but there aren't any mod/admins around at the moment and feel something needed to be said.

T.

Your missing the whole point of official sites making fans/non-staff mods, so the staff don't have to look after the site to get on with their proper job, and because the mods aren't staff there are limits on what can be told...

Your missing the whole point of official sites making fans/non-staff mods, so the staff don't have to look after the site to get on with their proper job, and because the mods aren't staff there are limits on what can be told...

Oh, I understand the situation, I just think it's retarded. If you're going to have a forum, hire a freakin' webmaster that has access to daily progress reports, press releases, and anything else company related.

They need to stop hiring fan-boys that know fuck all nothing about what's going on behind-the-scenes. I don't expect to have a backstage pass but you think they'd get a little tired of getting scooped all the time.

If they don't want to release any info, then don't have a forum!

And if they still decide on having one they should state the following: "We don't give a $#*! about our loyal fan base so you'd be better off trying to find information in other places. And our admins know about as much or less than the average fan so don't ask them anything."

Totally agree with Timbo.

All the issues I pointed out are reasons for me at least to continue to talk 'mates here, rather than there. If you want to voice your concerns about the AA forum, please continue to do so there.

Sorry 'bout this Ady & crew - if you want to delete my post, feel free. I didn't think about the potential for it to get out of hand here. I posted it more to preserve it for historical accuracy :D more than anything else.

Going to agree with TBT and Reideen1313 on this one gang, nothing is going to change unless you vent your frustrations on AA's forum. Ady and his crew have provided us with a friendly environment(even if I like Trek too :P ) for us to discuss one of our hobbies and misc. other things. So let's try and keep the negativity to a minium and move on.